Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: La Tortuga y El Escorpión - D4 LA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:25 pm 

He was hurt, yes. But he still had a Duty to uphold. Anzai was selected for the expedition because, of all things, he is a diplomat. It was his rotten luck, he cursed inwardly, that his best clothes had been ruined.

But he couldn't hold off on introductions. By then it might be too late. His hair tied back, himself at least presentable, if not fashionable. In his hand he held a small box, an offering of a gift to the Governor.

Approaching her estate, he made sure to announce his presence to the first guard he came across.

"Buenos Tardes. My name is Shosuro Anzai, a member of the Imperial Exploration Corps. I am here to seek an audience with La Gobernadora, if she is available. I bring a small token of my appreciation, and warm greetings from Clan Scorpion." His countenance was determined, focused on the task at hand.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Post subject: Re: La Tortuga y El Escorpión - D4 LA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:24 pm 

The handsome butler of the estates smirked, handed him a glass of wine, and led him through the hallway to the other side, where under shaded arcades in rattan chairs one could admire an even more impressive floral garden than in front of the building. A small gazebo-like pavilion loomed somewhere there.

"You are making my day very busy." A chuckled greeted him as the governess slipped into the chair nearby, putting one leg over the other in a way Rokugani women never sat. "But looking at you, Senor, I wouldn't necessarily consider it a bad thing. I was told you are a Scorpion. I heard some stories about your kin."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:41 pm 

Anzai wad sure he failed at preventing his gaze from taking her all in, wandering eyes moving up from her legs all the way to her face. Bowing respectfully, he slowly moved closer, extending the small gift.

"I assure you, some of it is true. Others are lies, and the rest mere exaggeration. I won't tell you which is which." He let out a small chuckle."I do apologize for filling your day, Señora. But I do not regret coming here, today." Those sweet words coming so cooly, the young Scorpion was intrigued by this woman.

"I am sure you are quite concerned with the appearance of our small fleet. Allow me to assure you. I come seeking cooperation and friendship. My superiors see this as an opportunity, as do I. But I am not here to impose Scorpion ideals on anyone. Rather, to learn."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:55 pm 

"Hm." She took the gift in her fingers and rotated it. "And what is this that you wish to learn, little Scorpion?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:32 pm 

Inside, once she opened it, she would find an ornate hand mirror. The glass looking to be held between the claws of a Scorpion, the tail extending down as a handle.

His own personal mirror.

"One of the few things of mine that survived being washed ashore." Recovery had at least been easy, once the metal chest had been recovered.

He regarded ger question for a moment, then allowed his miscolored eyes to meet hers. "Why, everything. Every little secret, every dirty little trick. But I know we can't always have what we... want." He let the word hang in the air for a moment, one tempting little word.

"But in the meantime, I wish to be of use, between my people, and yours. Most of all, I want to learn how a relationship between the Scorpion and your government can be achieved, Gobernadora."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:41 pm 

She opened the package and regarded the mirror for a moment, or rather regarded herself in the mirror, pressing her lips together and smearing the lipstick more evenly. "Making some small sacrifices to get my favour is certainly a good start. The answer to your musing is quite simple. You make yourself at my disposal and if I like what I see about you and your works then the relationship improves."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:03 pm 

"That can be done, señora. As long as I am here, please, consider me of use for your dealings between the Exolorer Corps, and yourself." While she regarded herself, he took advantage and regarded her closely. Appraising her, as he lifted an eyebrow.

"I'll certainly try to earn your esteem, Gobernadora."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:13 pm 

"That is an encouraging declaration, Senor. What is discouraging is that you have chosen to obscure your uses behind a veil of a Scorpion mystique. I wouldn't say I am a simple woman, but I have only so much time for games and charades." She glanced up at him suddenly above the mirror, catching his appraising gaze.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:25 pm 

He did not flush as he was caught. Instead his gaze returned to her eyes. The marriage of gaijin and foreign features. His lips curled slightly. "I never intended any games, señora. The mystique, as you say, comes naturally. Never with intent."

Little Truths. Everyone lies.

"Certainly, you can see the use of that. And here I am, already learning something new. About someone so very... interesting."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:51 pm 

"Men coming here often think they can impress me by saying something I know. I am much more impressed by listening to what I do not know. After all, what's intriguing in an ignorant man?" The corner of her lip twitched in a tsk. She took off her hat and cast the hair to the random breeze. "The answer is not much. Same goes about a man who feigns ignorance because that means he thinks me stupid."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:18 pm 

"If I thought you stupid, I wouldn't waste my time. And don't think that I'm here because of something so base of being told of the beautiful Gobernadora." His eyes narrowed slightly, yet the curl in his lips remained. "Though that is a very true rumor I have heard."

His posture stiffened, despite the internal injuries. "Do you know what is more dangerous than a Scorpion lying to you? One telling you the truth."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:20 pm 

"Perhaps I like to live dangerously." She mused, though it was more a provocation than a tease.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:38 pm 

"I, too, like to live dangerously." He rose to her provocation, tilting his head slightly upwards, confidence exuding in his words. "My life has had no shortage of dangerous women. Now." He paused, pushing thoughts of his mother and Otsuka from his mind.

"How can I be of political use to you. What do you require of me to truly see my sincerity to strengthen this friendship."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:50 pm 

"I want to know what to expect of my guests from Rokugan before it becomes a problem I cannot solve, simple as that. While I do like some variety in life, I also enjoy my little self-regulating stability in this port. And whenever I look at those three vessels in my port, I can't help thinking they are harbingers of big trouble." She observed him, but innuendos were flying past so far.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:23 am 

"You can expect us to act in a manner befitting guests. We are not here to, as some of the sailors aboard the ship have said, shit where we eat." How easily the crude saying flowed from his lips, almost with sanguine delight. "Though should I encounter anything that could be a detriment to friendly relations, rest assured, I will inform you of it, if not attempt to stem the tide myself."

Clearly, this would take time. Kameyama Jima was not Rokugan. He would have to start at the bottom once again.

This was fine by him. "You and I are very much alike. We both detest trouble."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:54 am 

"Ah, the perils of analogy. Things similar in just one aspect are not really alike, little Scorpion. But I appreciate your commitment and am looking forward to how it will be acted on." She did not seem offended by coarse language. "But you have to know that even shit has utility here, and here on La Isla we know how to deal with those whose table manners are this fetid."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:50 pm 

"You will find my manners impeccable, Gobernadora. And I look forward to showing you my actions." He smiled broadly, taking a sip from the wine glass he had been holding. It was tannic, tasting of... leather? Farmhouse? He couldn't quite put the thoughts to words. Instead, he found he enjoyed the drink, savoring it upon his tongue.

"And to prove to you that I am a most excellent house guest. In thanks for you being a most gracious host."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:50 am 

"We shall see." She took a sip of her own. "Would this be all for our first meeting, so as to give you more time for action?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:28 pm 

"Si, señora. I won't rob you of any more of your time. Today, anyway. Though I hope that this is not our final meeting." Sipping more from his wine, eyeing her closely.

"To a fruitful friendship."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:35 pm 

"To friendly fruition." She responded before taking a sip, smirking as she did. Then, she rose. "You can stay and enjoy a garden if you will, or take a walk. Up there is a shrine to Lord Muhaki. Have a good day, Senor." With that, she turned around her axis and walked away. Her breaches were tight on the other side too.

/exit

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next