Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 4 of 6 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: The Original Purpose [LM6]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:07 pm 

Hinami was not pleased with the Tortoise. Asking for Seppun Kaiya to defend him was outrageous. Hinami bowed to Jama and to the rest of the explorers and waited until she was given permission to speak.

'' I don't want to be seen as intervening between a sacred duel that has been declared legal but Seppun Kaiya-san is part of the Seppun family. As such, if she decides to defend the honor of...'' Her gaze went to Zabieru for a moment ''... whichever party, it would be as a personal action and choice, and by no means it shows my family's preference for any clan or person in particular. We do not take sides on disputes between the clans. '' She said with a calm tone.

'' The Seppun family serves the Hantei family, and -only- them. Our duty is to the Son of Heavens and his family only. '' She reminded everyone of the Seppun neutrality and duty. She bowed respectfully to Jama once again, and returned to her place.

Last edited by Seppun Hinami on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:39 pm 

Susumu had no reaction until Kaiya's name was called out.

He slightly shifted to look at his 'betrothed' and first mate.

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 pm 

Muhaki Zabieru wrote:
"I will be requiring a champion to defend me for unlike Matsu-san, I was not schooled as a bushi. As such I would like to ask Seppun Kaiya, first mate of the Walrus, to grant me the honor of being my champion."

"I ask her and not a member of my own crew, because the duelists that had been assigned to us, unfortunately, were lost at sea during their duty to protect the vessel. May one day we find them again safe and sound so we may thank them for their role in preserving the rest."

"Surely there must be someone of your own family who could champion you, Captain Muhaki," Keiji commented, with a slight tilt of his head. "I can hardly throw a stone in this city without hitting a Muhaki."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:37 pm 

He nodded at the words of the Kitsu. "Hai, its true that the city is full of Muhaki," he confirmed. "But none of those Muhaki are Imperial Scouts."

"When I accepted the privilege of serving in this Imperial Expedition, I too set its objectives and importance first and foremost," his tone was neutral. "I am now an Imperial Scout first and a Tortoise second."

"After all, this expedition is lead by none other than Hantei-no-Kimi," he lowered his head in respect. "His orders are more important than any our respective clans might give us."

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:24 am 

Muhaki Zabieru wrote:
He nodded at the words of the Kitsu. "Hai, its true that the city is full of Muhaki," he confirmed. "But none of those Muhaki are Imperial Scouts."

"When I accepted the privilege of serving in this Imperial Expedition, I too set its objectives and importance first and foremost," his tone was neutral. "I am now an Imperial Scout first and a Tortoise second."

"That may be," Keiji agreed, nodding. "But then there must be someone among your crew that could serve? I know Amaterasu's Grace encountered... some difficulties... during the storm, but surely you cannot mean to imply that there is no one aboard the flagship who knows the art of the sword?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:08 am 

There was much that happened at this meeting that was shameful, but the personal slight from the daughter of her Daimyo was rather unexpected. Burying that, Kaiya maintained herself impeccably despite the clear departure from all sorts of civil behavior they were all forced to bear witness to. That the bickering did not cease even now, before propriety could be observed and Kaiya was allowed the chance to respond spoke gravely enough for some.

Despite this, Kaiya had been sure to maintain enough of a watch on the Hantei to surely be able to learn the mans preference on this matter. Where the support of the Hantei lay, and where Kaiya found it most proper to act.

Courtier: 30
[Determining Hantei Jama's preference through subtle but telling natural response.]

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:35 am 

The Scorpion in the room opened up her fan and relegated herself to outside of the spotlight. She had her opinions, surely, but there was far too much potential in the situation to interrupt with her own words. Behind that mask of her, her voracious eyes and ears committed these follies to memory...

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:00 am 

Jama would be inscrutable about his preferences about this situation. Or perhaps he truly had no preference. He had not expressed any annoyance niether when Zabieru had sought her aid nor when Hinami and Kenji had spoken on the matter.

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:49 am 

As the address had been made to her Kaiya waved Sakia forward as she approached Zabieru and bowed merely in respect before turning to Sakia, signalling with her hands.

"Seppun Kaiya-sama," Sakia opened after Kaiya's hands fell to rest, bowed low as she spoke and utterly deferential to the surrounding Samurai of great merit and status, "would like it to be known what an honor it is to have you seek her in such an important matter for you Muhaki Zabieru-sama. However, as her Family's Scion has already said, she is a Seppun first and that truth calls her to remain neutral in this matter that does not concern herself or her Family. Furthermore that this matter appears to be one of personal merit concerning families foreign to Seppun Kaiya-sama herself she is concerned if she were to intercede that she may appear as an interloper in the eye of the heavens and your ancestors."

"May the Heavens bear witness to the truth," Sakia said as both woman bowed deeply, albeit Sakia much more so. Returning back to their place out from underneath the spotlight.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:52 am 

Tori watches the proceedings in annoyed silence. So, Zabieru, what absurd gambit are you going to try next to get out of this?

Rokugani * Thrane * Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:05 am 

Suihime watched the proceedings with a neutral expression. Inside, she was fuming though at the pettiness of the situation.

If I was a local I wouldn't trust anyone here either.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:01 am 

One could not tell if the Tortoise was annoyed by her answer as his face remained inscrutable. "A pity Seppun-san," he lowered his face. "I am deeply saddened that there seems to be still those that put their families first than their duty as Imperial Explorer."

He turned to the Imperial Heir, his head lowered. "Hantei-no-Kimi," his tone polite. "I will need some time then to contact my clan and arrange a champion."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:32 pm 

"Then do not tarry. We dismiss you from this meeting for this purpose. The duel will take place as scheduled."

Jama said dispassionately, letting insufficient deference slide this one time.

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:21 pm 

Bellena logged the whole conversation and scene somewhere deep in her mind and then looked around the room to see if anything else was about to happen since it appeared the conversation had been derailed by the return of the authorities.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm 

Utsusemi paid her respects to the prince and his companion, but remained silent with her eyes lowered, her posture picture perfect as she waited for the meeting to proceed.

There were no glances cast about, or small gestures given to any of the others.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:05 pm 

The young Seppun princess was pleased with Kaiya's decision to not intervene in the duel, she made a slight nod approving her decision, but nothing else. Her face was neutral.

Their duty is to defend the honor of the Hantei family and the other imperial families. Not the honor of the Great clans, and definitely not the 'honor' of a minor clan member. Hinami does have a personal grudge with Zabieru for treating her like a common yūjo the other day, but she also truly believed that the Seppun should be neutral in clan affairs unless they directly involve the Hantei.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:53 pm 

Yasuhiro remained silent through the proceedings. It was obvious that some here; especially the Crane, resented the Lion, which is the only reason why they had moved in support of the Tortoise. If they couldn't tell what kind of man he was after his mocking words, and his slight upon the honor of the Seppun he had asked to be his Champion, well it would enter his report to Meikuko-dono to say the least.

He was interested to see what the Hantei would say and the lack f security on this Island, especially the western port. This was what this meeting was all about after all.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:34 pm 

Zabieru considered his options. He could leave now and hope that a decent enough duelist happened to be on the island. An island that was previously unknown to the rest of the Empire. An island where duels either do not follow any sort of protocol or disputes are solved by mamluk just roughing up both parties. Furthermore accepting this would imply leaving and allowing the vipers to have unfettered access to the Imperial Heir.

What to do.

He finally decided, adopting a position of supplicant and taking the proper protocol to the line. "Hantei-no-Kimi. I can not in good faith leave this meeting and involve non-Imperial Scouts into these affairs," he proclaimed. "I also, independently of my safety or my status, can't abandon this meeting. Unless my prince demands that I abandon."

"As such," a pause for extending the anticipations. "I would like to be my own champion in order to keep the resolution of this affair inside of the Imperial Scouts."

He was really a fan of theatricality.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:31 am 

Jama frowned.

"It is within your right. But your rickety behaviour wastes our time and speaks of your insincerity and indecision. Because of this your belated appeal to Duty rings hollower than it could if your service at sea was only considered. In observance of our Heavenly Father's laws we shall not jeopardise tomorrow's sacred trial even though your conduct already calls for chastisement. May the Fortunes decide your fate. Now sit and speak no further."

---

Zabieru loses honour for being duped into performing a disloyal act, showing false courtesy to gain advantage over an enemy and committing a major breach of etiquette. He also gains 2 Ranks of Infamy or Failure of Sincerity (Player's Choice).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:45 am 

The Tortoise lowered his head. He would have to work twice as hard to get back on the good side of the Hantei.

---
[Taking 2 ranks of Infamy]

Page 4 of 6 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next