Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 6 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: The Original Purpose [LM6]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:44 am 

Asahina Yajinden prepared the area around the shrine and the shrine itself for the coming of the brass of the Explorers. Incenses were lit, and light foodstuffs were available on the mats spread along the pond in which giant turtles floated lazily.

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

Post subject: Re: The Original Purpose [LM6]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:31 am 

Edogawa watched the turtles as he waited for more of the gathering to arrive.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:43 am 

Erk, meetings...

Susumu did his best to hide his annoyance as he approached the shrine.

This better be good

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:45 am 

Tori joins, with the standard round of greetings, bows, and now apparently turtle watching. It would probably be indecent to bring up the topic of turtle soup. Besides, at that size, these must be some old and respected turtles.

Rokugani * Thrane * Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:58 am 

Kitsu Keiji was present as well. After exchanging bows with the others, the Lion captain stood attentively while Asahina Yajinden finished his final preparations.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:05 am 

A morning like any other. Seppun Kaiya walked the area around the shrine and looked more to the beauty of the area than those gathered about. Of course each was given their respective greeting as only Etiquette demanded but Kaiya imagined few would insist on speaking with the Mute Samurai when she seemed to only care for a moment to think before whatever discussion was to be taking place here.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:13 am 

The lion arrived on the scene a little later then intended, though that was mostly because it had been a busy day. Reports had been made, and only the final preparations were in order now.

He'd have to practice as well, but for the moment that could wait. There was a meeting he had to attend after all. Offering a bow to the gathered samurai he took a brief moment to look around, trying to find his Captain in the crowd.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:54 am 

The Yogo arrived at the scene and joined in on the turtle watching after exchanging bows to those present. Though she found it to be rather mundane, she felt no need to call any special attention to herself.

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:12 am 

Bellena arrived to the meeting in the morning as well. She lingered around the back of the group and sat down carefully as she watched for the meeting to start.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:44 am 

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
The lion arrived on the scene a little later then intended, though that was mostly because it had been a busy day. Reports had been made, and only the final preparations were in order now.

He'd have to practice as well, but for the moment that could wait. There was a meeting he had to attend after all. Offering a bow to the gathered samurai he took a brief moment to look around, trying to find his Captain in the crowd.

Suihime was nearby, admiring the shrine itself for the few moments they had before the meeting began. She had bowed respectfully as each person arrived however

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:11 am 

Yasuhiro drifted over to his captain, they would need to speak after all this was over after all, and he hadn't had the time this morning. "Good morning Miya-sama." He murmured offering her a bow in greeting.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:55 am 

The Tortoise carried himself with his usual smile. He didn't really care about the Matsu and it wasn't the first time, or last, someone had challenged him to death.

It was the first time however that the duel hadn't been performed in situ.

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:02 am 

"Greetings, mina-san. Thank you for coming today. Please, partake in the refreshments if you have not had the opportunity for a meal yet." Yajinden greeted them all with courtesy and a calm smile. "I have already received your reports regarding accommodation on the island. Hantei-no-kimi, who wills to grace us shortly, is pleased by your industrousness and sensibility in approaching the inhabitants in the wake of our turbulent arrival as well as commends the captains for safe delivery of all ships. He also offer players for all who perished in the course of their duty to the Empire, though he still hopes Suitengu has spared them and continued search parties will recover them." Yajinden bowed his head solemnly and looked toward the incenses burning in the Shrine. "Before we can bring further goals of the expedition to your attention, I would like to listen to your opinions and concerns regarding our progress and course so far, as well us to any other issues that may have arisen which reflect on the ability of the Imperial Explorers to proceed with their mission." With a gesture he indicated they were free to speak.

[This triggers Contrary, Overconfident and potentially similar Disadvantages.]

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:25 pm 

"Good morning Matsu-san" Suihime gave her first mate a smile and a bow, going quiet as Yajinden spoke. She turned to face him fully, and approached him with a deep bow.

"Asahina-dono, I wish to bring forward concerns raised in my meeting with the Master of the Port. He and many of the Merenease here have expressed concerns about our arrival, fueled by the treatment their people have received in Dragons Guard City. He has stated that he wishes for the events to be addressed."

She paused, considering what to say, before continuing.

"I agree with him. We have arrived unannounced, causing numerous disruptions to the way of life here, and they have been welcoming if understandably wary. I have asked that any that abuse this welcome to be reported to myself, so that I can in turn report it to Hantei-denka. I am happy to remain as a go-between, and continue this role for as long as is needed, expanding my studies into the Merenease culture in order to prevent any issues arrising, if my Lord wishes it" she bowed once more.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:54 pm 

The captain of Kunshu Maru spoke up.

"My experience has been slightly different, Asahina-sama," Keiji said. "I met with Governor Muhaki of the West Port, with one of the prominent merchants, and with the local militia. All have been the soul of courtesy, and have warmly welcomed myself and my crew to the island. Perhaps there was some initial tension at our arrival, but I believe this has since been dispelled. I have every confidence that, with a little initiative on our part, we shall be able to continue building friendly ties to the locals."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:57 pm 

Utsusemi felt a little out of place for the meeting, seeing as everyone else were commanders and second-in-command for the ships, but there was the matter of the Kitsu nakodo still being lost as well as her responsibility to all the young samurai on the journey that she was to look after. Still, she remained near Bellena and Keiji, seeing as she was also part of the Kunshu Maru's crew.

The summons had made her change from the informal wear she had donned earlier that morning, to a formal creme-coloured kimono with incredibly detailed dragon motif and a forest-green obi with golden embroidery resembling the scales of a dragon.

(was here all along!)

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:00 pm 

Bellena, for her part, just watched the conversation and remained silent.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:39 pm 

Hikari had been present herself, not as a captain or first mate, but as the Jade magistrate. In that capacity however, she had little substantative to offer the conversation at this time; though she did expect at least one matter to arise which might require testimony. As for the reception the explorers had received, on that she did have something to say.

"I have received a somewhat mixed response myself, though I have not met with the local leadership in-depth. Most notably however, I have been treated favorably by several individuals who claim to be members of the Ki-rin. The claim appears to have some merit, but I have not confirmed it to be true with absolute certainty."

Having carefully left the subject open-ended in terms of its truth, in case the matter would be seen as inconvenient, Hikari fell silent and allowed others to weigh the importance for themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:01 pm 

Xabier waited until Hikari had finished to give his input.

"I have met up with a few members, including Governess Muhaki and Don Jose de Almeria," he started. "Furthermore I have reacquired the old estate of my family in order to have more leverage in the local politics to better assist our cause and thus improve our overall chances of success," his eyes gave a passing glance to Bellena before turning back to the rest. "I have been busy compiling a report in regards to the current political situation that we can expect in our coming weeks, as well as my humble recommendations on what to do based on both my experience and my opinion."

"The local populace seems to be responding favorably, so far, to our advances and much like Kitsu-san I believe we will manage to foster a good relationship with the locals as well as further strengthen the name and perception of Hantei-no-Kimi here," he continued. "I do have, however, and this might come as a surprise, some caution in regards to how one-sided the cultural permeation has been and would advise that perhaps we could put to good use the skilled artisans we have brought from home," he eyed the room, gauging their reactions. "We could organize a cultural fair both as an effort to bring us closer to the locals but as well to show the greatness of Hantei-no-Kimi."

"This event would also help to potentially improve our standing with the members of the Tarkhanate," he commented in regards to Hikari words. "And potentially remind their members as to who is their true liege."

"Furthermore," a passing glance to the Matsu. "I have noticed some members of the expeditions are still convinced we are in Rokugan and act with a derision towards the inhabitants of this island that makes me wonder why did they choose to become Imperial Explorers."

"To conclude I'd like to end on a happier note," he smiled and looked at Edogawa. "I would like to thank both my first mate and, in absence, my second officer, Shosuro Anzai, for their great performance. I could not have asked for better officers. Thank you."

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:26 pm 

As the chance to speak was passed around, it eventually came to the mother of Dragons.

"I feel that we are off to a good start with avoiding unnescessary tension with the local residents of Kameyama Jima, and it is important that we maintain a respectful tone with those who are technically our hosts, and we are their rather sudden guests. While the suggestion of an artistic event is not without merit, it should be coordinated with their leaders to avoid causing possible insult as there could be a sizeable group who might find offense," Utsusemi did not give any meaningful glances, as her gaze remained politely lowered. "If there are members of the fleet that are an upset to the current relationship we have established, such must be taken into consideration for the sake of diplomacy. Seeing as we are to erect a shrine to a Fortune of Artisans, we must act with patience and caution to avoid causing feelings of discontent towards us or Rokugani culture, even more so since it seems a delicate issue in the light of the two other places of worship already present on the island."

She lifted her gaze slightly. "The artisans and monks who came with us are temporarily residing in the western port, as there is a shrine there. Muhaki Berena-san and myself have looked at the possible locations for the new shrine to Sadahako-kami, and will closer inspect Mount Kappa to determine if it is suitable."

"On a related note, there is a need for a priest to conduct the last prayers for those who were lost in the storm. It will give peace of mind and closure to those who were bereaved of friends and future-family, and lay to rest the spirits of those who were lost."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Page 1 of 6 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next