Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: [D6 EE] Contemplation
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:24 am 

Smiling, Kenzo shook his head. "Not as I understand it. The beach without water?" He chuckled softly. "That is rather difficult to imagine."

His eyebrows went up as she spoke, interested. "Ah, the Jewel. Yes, I've heard of that. A friend of mine studied there: Muhaki Berena-sama." He paused a moment; explaining Berena would take rather more time than he felt he had.

"But different sorts of animals, you say?" He smiled. "I should like to hear more about that. I would imagine... reptiles, birds, perhaps some smaller mammals? Any larger ones?"

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:55 am 

She sensed he may want to back off the topic of his friend. As an Ide she was sensitive to the moods of those around her, even if it was so casual and naturally-flowing as this exchange was turning out to be.

"The Jewel is quite beautiful and full of a great diversity of people. One of my father's friends gifted me with a small bearded dragon I had for a pet when I was very young. Some people kept scorpions as pets but I was too worried it would get out and be the terror of my family for ages. Obviously we have dogs." She nodded in Tristan's direction. "Some people have taken monkeys from their more natural habitats. My friend grew up with one. And there are of course the horses and the camels. My horse Bishounen is actually stabled here in town right now."

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:47 pm 

"Oh, my." Kenzo said. His lips pursed as he imagined some of the things she described. "I recognize some of these. But camel? Or bearded dragon?" His eyebrows went up. "I've heard of other types of lizards referred to as lizards sometimes; I must assume this is the case here, too."

"But you say your horse is here in town?" His eyebrows went further up. "I'm impressed. How did you manage to transport him?"

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:07 am 

"A camel is a bit like a horse. Very large, but with an upward slope in the middle. They do well in The Burning Sands as they are able to store water and fat very well and require less care than a horse in that way on long journeys."

Akaichou lit up at the interest in Bishounen. "Yes, Bishounen comes with me nearly everywhere. He was actually how I managed to help a few of the Rokugani who found themselves thrown overboard. Three were injured and trapped on a shoal. Two road him while the other leaned on him, and I led his reins. I was tempted to go back and get help from others but I didn't want to leave them out there injured in the sun."

She would never be a medical expert or someone that managed daring rescues, but it felt good to help people practically, outside of rooms where soldiers and civilians were often considered statistics.

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:26 am 

Kenzo boggled at the description of a camel. "Truly?" He asked, sounding incredulous. "I've heard of amphibians storing water. And squirrels storing water in their cheeks. Fascinating." Kenzo said, shaking his head.

"Two rode him, and the third leaned on him?" Kenzo grinned at her. "That sounds very impressive. He must be a very large horse."

He pursed his lips thoughtfully a moment before giving her another look. "Ide-san..." He began. "I hope this isn't strange, or a rude question. But, do you think I might be able to meet your horse sometime?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:07 pm 

Akaichou nodded. "Of course. I don't think of it as strange. Our people are getting to know one another again. Animals are definitely a part of that." She thought on Bishounen's size. "Bishounen is about the size of many of his breed. I've been gathering that Rokugani horses might be smaller than those here. Perhaps you can confirm it and tell me more about yours?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:12 am 

Kenzo gave Akaichou a grin. "It makes me very glad to hear you say that, Ide-san." He said, his tone warm. "I make a study of animals, especially mammals. Do you have a similar position in your Clan? If 'Clan' is the right word?"

At the suggestion, Kenzo's eyebrows went up. "Oh! Interesting. I suppose they might be smaller. Fascinating." From there, he launched into a rather detailed description of a Rokugani horse. There was some difficulty with the measurements, but it sounded as though the Rokugani version was indeed smaller.

"Actually..." Kenzo smiled. "I may have a painting of one with me. Ah..." He glanced around before gesturing to a nearby bench. "Would you like to take a look? We can sit there, and I can show you."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:23 am 

"Yes, clan is the right word." She reached out to tickle Tristan's ears. "You certainly have a way with animals. It seems fitting that you seek to study them as well. The Ki-Rin do have those that choose to study nearly everything. From the stars to the deep waters. I'm certain animals are in there as well. How else would we develop an understanding of the grand design of the Kami?"

"You paint?" She asked with sincere interest. "I have never been able to have any sort of luck with the craft. I would love to see it."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:47 pm 

Kenzo tilted his head, regarding her with polite interest. "No doubt. I've met several among the Ki-Rin who seem very dedicated to learning, indeed." His lips quirked. "I'm happy to also meet one who shares my love of animals."

"I do!" He said brightly. "Here... hmmmm..." Opening his satchel, he took out a modest collection of papers, shuffling through them a bit awkwardly. It took perhaps half a minute before his eyebrows went up. "Ah! Here we are." Carefully, he handed the paper to her. "This was my painting of a wild Rokugani horse. At least, I think it was wild. Perhaps they were just escaped."

The painting was rather utilitarian, with a focus on the horse's musculature, but it still had enough artistry to make it look rather handsome, a rich brown color. He painted it in mid-motion, its muscles flexing. Notes of various sorts were written in the margins, sometimes helpful lines pointing towards parts of the horse's body.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:02 pm 

Akaichou could not draw or paint but she was fascinated by those that could. The representation was gorgeous! "This is beautiful!" she mused quietly. "How long did this take you? I don't think I could do something like this given 300 years."

"Sometime soon, you must meet Bishounen. Perhaps you'll be inspired."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:22 am 

"Ah, well." Kenzo's features flushed as he smiled. "I'm sure you could if you studied at it. I've had the honor of learning a bit from my, ah, charge." He cleared his throat. "She's very much my superior in the art."

His eyebrows went up. "But I should very much love to meet your horse! He sounds marvelous." Kenzo grinned. "Perhaps... you could call on me, at my temporary home? I can be found in the Hillside district. We're calling it Yomogiu." He said. "If you sent a message, we could arrange a time to meet at the stables, perhaps?"

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2