Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 5 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: [D6LE] Mysterious Moon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:25 am 

Kenzo had come for the flowers. He had stayed for the turtles, and then for the company. Now, he found himself standing at the entrance of the gardens again, but for a different reason.

The sun was down, but the moon was up, and the colors of the flowers were vibrant, visible even in the pale light. Kenzo, too, stood out rather clearly. For once, it appeared as though he were dressing up instead of down, wearing his fine silk kimono. The green of it matched him very well, and it fit his athletic form nicely. The green was fine, but made finer by the embroidery, a water pattern across it adding some variety that pleased the eye.

Patiently, Kenzo waited, his expression serene.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: [D6LE] Mysterious Moon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:36 am 

Kenzo at least didn't have to wait long, as he was soon joined by the one he was expecting.

Strolling under the moonlight, admiring the flowers? Almost felt like she was back at the Academy again now... only thing that was lacking would be the banquets and sake. Or rather, just the banquet, itself, as Utsusemi did have the foresight to stop by at home first to pick up the bottle of sake she had brought with her for the trip, along with two cups. It was all safely tucked away in the satchel she had taken a habit of bringing with her on the island.

"Kenzo-san," she greeted warmly as she spotted her yojimbo. "I hope I did not keep you waiting?"

She wore the same attire she had put on when they parted ways in the morning, the light cotton ensemble that blended Rokugani and Merenaese styles; a kimono-like jacket in pale green and silver over a deep sea-green Merenaese-styled skirt, completed with a golden yellow sash around her waist. Her white hair almost seemed to glow silver in the moonlight, only partially pulled back in a plain braid, leaving her hair to frame her face and neck.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:45 am 

Kenzo's lips curled up into a smile as he spotted her. Of course, it did that for many people. The light in his eyes was just for her, though.

"Utsu-sama." He said, bowing smoothly, matching her public persona. Despite the safety of the gardens, so close to the governor's manor, he was still properly equipped, wearing his swords and his pistols. He, too, carried a satchel, the one he used to carry his notes and paintings.

He gave her a smile. "As is appropriate, I've scouted out the terrain. That is my duty, after all. Would you care to view the gardens?" He gestured with one hand, indicating the path."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:51 am 

There was something more in her smile for him as well, like a feeling of returning to a safe haven after a storm.

She bowed as well in return. "Sounds like you've been quite busy. I could not let your hard work go to waste... I would love to view the gardens, thank you." She had gotten the chance to see some of it earlier today during the meeting, but the high formality of it all had made it difficult to truly take a chance to appriciate it.

"I believe I saw some turtles here today, during the meeting?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:01 am 

Kenzo began to lead the way, setting a leisurely pace. A short distance down the path, and they were quite nearly walled in by flowers, brilliant red blossoms surrounding them on both sides. The scent of them was strong, and this late in the evening, the breeze was pleasantly cool.

His eyebrows went up, and he turned to look at her as they walked. "It was quite busy, in fact! It wasn't just this garden I scouted. Berena-sama and I had a bit of excitement looking for a proper spot for the temple." With a storyteller's instinct, he smiled, letting her ask for details.

He shook his head ruefully, although his smile didn't fade. "Ah, I'd forgotten your meeting was here. Although, I expect it will be a rather different experience, seen by moonlight." He flashed a smile at her, appreciation in his eyes. "And yes, there are turtles. That's exactly where I was planning on taking us, in fact."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:09 am 

"Mhm," she turned her head to take in their surroundings, "it is different in moonlight, but a change of company is the greatest difference... and the most welcome one," Utsusemi looked over her shoulder at Kenzo as she kept pace beside him. That he was taking them in the direction of the turtles was probably not a surprise. He was always fond of animals.

"How did the trip with Berena-san go? What kind of excitement?" Utsusemi knew better than to suspect that the two of them had been up to something behind her back, as she felt confident about the preferences of both of her friends.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:22 am 

That comment made his smile grow, a pleased flush visible on his features. "I rather think so too. Utsusemi." He said, his voice soft.

"Ah! Well." Kenzo began, smiling. "We were looking along the western ascent for possible locations for the temple. There's some possibility there; I think we'll investigate further." He waved that away for now. "We talked as we walked, about this and that. Hmm." He frowned. "In fact, I'll give you a complete report. Later." His features softened. Now, they had other things to think about.

"Anyway..." He stretched out the word, glancing at her with a smile. "Perhaps we weren't giving our surroundings enough attention, because a snake dropped out of a tree, right onto Berena-sama. And it wasn't a small snake either. It was about this wide around-" He held his hands about a hand-span apart, "-and longer than I am tall. It knocked her to the ground, and bound her up, trying to squeeze the life from her."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:28 am 

The way he said her name earned him a very fond smile in return.

His frown did draw her curiousity, but it could wait, seeing as he said he'd make a 'report' of it later. Then the story of a giant snake attacking Berena... Utsu's eyes widened. "Goodness! This better not lead to you telling me that some snake of unusual size has hurt one of my dear friends, Kenzo..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:39 am 

"No, no." Kenzo assured her quickly. "It was a bit of a close thing, though. It squeezed her rather tightly. Such immense strength. I wonder what it normally hunts in this area, that it thought of Berena-sama as prey?"

A glance through his lashes at his audience, and Kenzo realized that he shouldn't continue this line of thinking very long. "I suppose the advantage to training in the mountains is that I'm rather used to unexpected things coming at me from all angles. I was able to draw my sword and kill it before it was able to really lock in its grip." He said modestly.

He sighed. "It really was a remarkable creature... I wish I'd been able to bring it back." His lips twisted, his glance at her amused. "Although, I did recognize the difficulty in storing a dead snake of that size, believe me."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:57 am 

Utsusemi breathed a sigh of relief at least in hearing that Bellena was alright.

"I'm glad to know you were there to keep her safe then. I knew the Mirumoto were quick, but... I admit I'm a little amazed."

Catching his smirk, that amusement in his eyes, she had to bring some authority to her voice. "Oh no... no no, no way I would allow you to take a dead snake inside the house." It was certainly a feeling of deja-vu, as she recalled having similar conversations with her son. Though it hadn't been snakes then, thankfully. Live frogs was another problem entirely...

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:38 am 

Briefly, his eyes glinted appreciation at the compliment. "Of course not, Utsu." Kenzo said, his expression shifting to an innocent one. He waited a beat before going on. "I was going to keep it out back. That would have been better, yes?" He teased gently. "Well, instead, I brought back some flowers from my first trip here. Perhaps that will suit us better."

He lead them right down a fork in the path. The flowers turned into flowering bushes, the blossoms in white and red.

"And what about you, Utsu? How was the meeting? More importantly, how is Sanjuro-sama? Is he awake yet?" It was clear he was improving, but Kenzo's concern was still clear, in his tone and in the creasing of his forehead.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:49 am 

Utsusemi stretched out a hand, allowing her fingers to brush gently over the soft petals of the flowers. It made her think of the garden mazes some Doji palaces liked to have, and how she and her friends would try to find their way through it by keeping a hand on a wall to avoid getting lost.

"He woke up this morning," she said, her voice soft but clearly relieved and happy for this change. "I would have preferred for him to get more bed-rest, but he is a stubborn one."

She had to sigh a little over that. Men always had to act so much tougher for some reason. "He's not fully recovered, but he is well on the way. Thanks to you, Kenzo," Utsusemi favoured her 'yojimbo' with an earnest smile. "Don't be surprised if he wants to repay that favour. And I don't think he will take no for an answer."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:01 am 

Kenzo watched the gesture, his eyes warm as they Utsu's hand. It wasn't just her grace, but the way she displayed it that touched him so. A kindness, a love of natural beauty.

"Good!" Kenzo said, smiling brightly. "I'm very glad to hear it. It sounds as though he's already up and about, then? Goodness." Kenzo let out a puff of breath. "Well, he's certainly hardy. As I learned myself." Kenzo said dryly. It had taken a bit of doing, carrying him out of there.

"But I'm glad. Very glad indeed. Sanjuro-sama is a good man. And..." He gave Utsu a fond smile. "I know how important family is to you."

A few moments passed. Kenzo cleared his throat. "Ahhh... I suppose he'll be coming by to pick up Neko-sama soon, then?" He asked casually.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:22 am 

Utsusemi nodded gently, her eyes lowered as she spoke. "Sanjuro has been a friend for me among the Dragon, though we didn't always get along. I'm just... very relieved I did not have to bury him here, so far away from the mountains of our clan..." There was a moment with an unreadable expression passing over her face before she lifted her gaze again.

"Would you miss the cat that much?" she said, chuckling. "He never wants to admit it, but I think he enjoys the company of his feline friend..." seeing how lonely he must often be. "If neko-sama comes with him, he won't be far. I think he would be seeking accomodations by the mill?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:39 am 

Kenzo caught the unreadable expression, but the cause seemed clear enough to him. "It didn't come to that." Kenzo said, his voice quietly reassuring. "Sanjuro is safe and well. And he can take care of himself. This experience was just a frightening anomaly, I think." He gave her a warm smile, hoping that would help whatever it was that caused that brief look.

"Ah, well..." Kenzo laughed. "You're right. I think Sanjuro could probably use the company more than I could. After all, I can see my charge rather often." He gave her a charming smirk. "Still, I confess, it was rather nice having Neko-sama around. Made the place even more homey." He sighed pleasantly. "I spend so much time traveling, or on an expedition..." He shrugged.

The path came to a small wooden bridge, a stream flowing under it, bushes transitioning into rather familiar trees, similar to those found in Rokugan. "Ah, we're getting close." Kenzo said, still leading the way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:50 am 

That rogueish smirk did make her giggle quietly. "You have me for company and you're worried about the cat. How mean," she teased and gave him a playful nudge in the elbow as they crossed over the stream. Not hard enough to knock him off-balance of course.

" And I was going to tell you about this fascinating animal I saw today... maybe I won't now." Utsu did a good job in putting on that haughty Doji princess act.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:16 am 

Kenzo couldn't help but laugh, the nudge from her elbow sending a fresh wave of mirth through him. "Ooh." He said, grinning at her. "And it seems you have a bit of a scratch, too." He sighed exaggeratedly. "But, if I had to choose..." The look he gave her through his lashes left little doubt as to which one.

The brief shocked look on his face was almost comical; it quickly transformed into a rueful smile. "You really do know all my weak points, don't you?" His tone, in contrast to his words, was very fond. He paused, bowing smoothly. "Well, Utsu, I can only hope there is a way to win back your good graces, as I'd very much like to hear about this fascinating animal you saw."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:02 pm 

There was a faint rosy colour to her cheeks in response to his remark about scratching.

"Hmmm," she placed a finger to her lips as she contemplated what sort of trials she might put her protector through to earn her favour again.

"Maybe I should ask you to entertain me. Maybe a song, or a dance?" Utsusemi looked at him with a playful smile.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:28 pm 

"Hmmm." Kenzo said, meeting her playful smile with a slightly rueful one of his own. "I can carry a tune, it's true. And I know a song or two. But after having so recently been under the captaincy of Kitsu-kancho, I fear that carrying a tune may not be enough."

He considered, stroking his chin thoughtfully with one hand as they walked. The path opened up onto a lake, moonlight reflecting perfectly off its placid surface. A few turtles could be seen in pale silhouette, but for once Kenzo paid them little mind as he led Utsu up into a little covered pavilion on the edge of the lake, very much in the Rokugani style. An ornate railing could be leaned against to look out over the water. And, Kenzo noticed with some interest, the floor was flat evenly-set stone.

Kenzo smiled at Utsu almost shyly, his own cheeks flushing just a little. "I... don't know if I'm much of a dancer, but there is something that I've just started learning. Something the locals do. I would be happy to show you, if you would like."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:53 pm 

Utsu leaned against the railing of the pavillion, gazing out at the moonlit flowers and the silhouetted turtles.

"Oh?" Her voice rose with a piqued interest, and she looked back at him over her shoulder. "I haven't seen their dances yet. If you would, I will tell you about my discovery."

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 5 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next