Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 5 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: [D6LE] Mysterious Moon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:00 pm 

Kenzo paused a moment, looking at Utsusemi, his eyes lingering on her, on the way the moonlight framed her. "As you wish." He said, smiling.

His various armaments would get in the way, he was sure. He did have rather a lot of them, after all. He stepped to the side, quickly divesting himself of swords and pistols, leaving them under a pillar. With a little spring in his step, he moved to where Utsu stood.

"Actually..." He smiled at her again, still with that hint of shyness. "It's not a dance one does alone. It is performed in pairs." He cleared his throat. "To perform it properly, we have to stand rather close. Touching, in fact." His eyes, warm and intense, sought hers. "Would you allow me the honor of showing you, Utsusemi?" He said. He held out his hand, palm up, in clear invitation.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:28 pm 

What sort of dance was this, to require closeness between the dancers, Utsu wondered as she looked at Kenzo. The intensity of his eyes, and his extended hand...

"Mm, allright," she smiled shyly as she placed her hand in his hands, "I trust you. Please show me this dance then."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:43 pm 

Kenzo's smile grew as he took her hand in his, the shy flush becoming a pleased one. "Okay. Ahhh..." He shifted his weight a little, making small adjustments. "These hands come up like this." He lifted hers, holding it up and out to the side. "Your other hand rests on my shoulder." He cleared his throat. "And my other hand holds you, like so." With the same gentle firmness with which he always touched her, his hand came to rest on her back, fingers spread.

He paused a moment, his chest rising and falling with his breath. There was indeed a difference between learning from Berena and sharing this moment with Utsusemi. "The dance is in a three count. One two three, one two three." He demonstrated, his voice soft, almost tender. "And so we move in sets of three steps. Touching as we are, it's easy to tell what the other is doing." His lips quirked. "You just have to keep up with me."

His smile became less playful, more reassuring. "Don't worry, I've got you." His eyebrows went up. "Are you ready?"

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:22 pm 

With each adjustment, Utsusemi felt her cheeks grow warmer, and she stumbled a little with the first steps Kenzo demonstrated as she was still a bit flustered over the intimacy of the dance.

"Oh... hmm... I see," she nodded gently, her gaze downcast for a moment. It seemed a fairly simple dance with little meaning behind it.

Her hazel eyes met his with some shyness still. "Uhm, I'm ready, yes."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:31 pm 

"It's okay." Kenzo said, his voice still soft. It wasn't just the intimacy of the dance, but of meeting her eyes, the little flecks of blue drawing him in. His own eyes were soft, a delicate brown, the feeling behind them open. "I'll start us off slowly. Just keep your eyes on mine, and let me guide you."

And so, he began to move, slowly as he had promised, one step at a time, letting her grow more accustomed to the motions. His hand held hers firmly, as did his hand on her back, guiding her in the steps. The heat of him was tangible through his kimono where their hips met. His brow furrowed lightly in concentration; after all, he hadn't been doing this very long, himself. But his natural agility asserted itself. He offered her a smile, his eyes lighting up, as he found his rhythm.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:17 pm 

"Hm," Utsusemi gave another nod, letting Kenzo take lead when they were both ready. Without music, it was a little odd to dance, but as he guided her step by step, she was finding the rythm of the step easily. Kenzo wasn't the only one with a natural agility, though hers was a different kind than his; for Utsusemi it came from the natural grace of her Doji and Kakita ancestry - each movement, each gesture, had to be pleasing to the eyes.

"Now I am curious where you learned to dance like this..." she murmured, eyes briefly veiled by her lashes. "But I suppose it is more fair I indulge your curiosity first?"

---

For fluff
D6 Dancing with Kenzo. Sensation: Dance/Agility. 1 raise. +1k1 Void. TN 20: 5d10o10k4 24

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:46 pm 

Kenzo's eyes first widened, then glinted with appreciation. It quickly became clear that a bushi's training and a few hours practice was not quite a match for Utsu's natural grace. "My word." He murmured with a smile at a particularly skillful flourish. "You impress me again, Utsu. As always."

The pace increased, the couple moving across the floor of the empty pavilion.

The briefest of hesitations, Kenzo's eyes seeking hers, before he answered. "Berena showed me, actually." A brief flash of concern before his lips twisted. "I think she felt she was doing one or both of us a favor. She's a good friend, in her way."

He, too, briefly lowered his gaze. "But if I am forgiven for my earlier slight, I should be happy to hear of what you saw."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:11 pm 

The colour in her face continued to grow more vibrant at his praise, and a part of her greatly enjoyed hearing it from him. "I'd say you're pretty good yourself... for a warrior," Utsusemi teased innocently. "But Bellena she... yes, she is a good friend. I'm very grateful for her friendship," Utsusemi agreed with a warm tone, keenly aware of their close proximity, but also enjoying it. After all, if anyone saw them, it could easily be explained by saying that they were participating in local culture, right?

She wanted to ask more about his unexpected lesson from Bellena, but she acknowledged that it was her turn to answer now, as she had given her word to speak of the civets at the coffee house. "Ah well, I visited this coffee-house today after I had done some exploring in the eastern port. The establishement seemed to keep these animals as some kind of pets, or mascots?"

Her lips pursed in light amusement as she thought of how to best describe it. "Small, lithe-bodied. Maybe around half a meter long? Cat-like appaerance in body, but face was more like a... hmm... otter, I'd say. Carnivorous, I think. But they were accustomed to people."

As she spoke, her body swayed in rythm to his as they at least found harmony in their cooperative movements, and she softly begun to hum a melody to give them something to dance to.

---

D6 Dancing with Kenzo. Some music to set the mood and rythm. Sensation: Song/Awareness. 1 raise. TN 20: 5d10o10k4 27
Some music

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 pm 

Having discovered that his partner had quickly exceeded his ability, Kenzo was able to focus on his enjoyment of the dance. On Utsu's closeness, of the way she felt against him as they moved. He grinned at her teasing, sending a thrill through him to match the dance.

"Really?" Kenzo's eyebrows went up, his expression interested. "Cat-like, but with otter faces? Fascinating. And sounds very difficult to classify." He smiled at her, clearly exhilarated, and for a rather different reason than he had been not so long ago. "I should very much like to see them. Perhaps tomorrow I can go myself..."

As interested in animals as Kenzo was, he did have other priorities. He closed his eyes, moving by feel alone, then. He could hear Utsu's melodic humming, feel the gentle sway of her body against his. He felt his heart thumping in his chest. Even as they moved, he bent his head forward, angling his head to bring his lips near her ear, his cheek brushing against hers. "There's one more part of the dance I want to show you." He whispered. "Just hold onto me, and lean backwards. I won't let you go."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:54 pm 

"We could both go, maybe?" she suggested with some interest... not because of the animals, but because of something else entirely, and her lips pressed together as she was slightly embarrassed of the reason. "... They had this very tasty pastry that I'd love to have some more of."

And she didn't like the chance of him going around there alone. The more she heard about the Tarkhanate and this 'Unicorn' Clan, the more concerned she became. But at least for now, her worries were distant from her mind as she lost herself in the moment with Kenzo. His scent joining with that of the flowers around them, and the warmth of his body close to hers as they moved. It was quite fortunate she had worn her new clothes today, as this kind of dancing would have been difficult in proper kimono.

"Eh?" Utsusemi blinked a few times, "uhm, ok?"

Taking a deep breath first, her hands tightened a little in their hold on him as she leaned back...

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:13 am 

Kenzo smiled. "I would like that very much, Utsu. It sounds wonderful." Mentally, he filed that little fact away. Kenzo's scent was clean and fresh, a sort of spicy masculinity, mingling very pleasantly with the flowers.

A grin lit Kenzo's features at his response. The instant trust she showed in him, cutting through her confusion, warmed his heart. It was time.

Feeling her weight shift, Kenzo's leg slid towards her. He leaned then, his hand leaving hers to join the other on her back. With great care, he shifted further, dipping her, letting her form slide towards the ground, his face inches from hers, his arms holding her securely. So this is what it's like... He held her their, eyes locked intensely with hers, as he breathed in and out his lips parted...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:26 am 

She felt her heartbeat quicken its pace as he held her safely in his arms to keep her from falling. The pose made her extremely aware of his hands, how close they were, how his breath seemed also more intense than usual. With him so close, she took in all the details of his face; how his lips had parted and the warmth of his gaze.

Her humming had stopped, as her focus was all on him now.

"Kenzo..." her voice dropped to a whisper, both tender and a little uncertain of how they were supposed to move from here...

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:38 am 

The temptation to kiss her was a very strong one indeed, especially when she whispered his name. The intimacy of the dance, of their shared look, their shared breath, all made him want to close that last distance, and seek the sweetness of her lips. But her honor was as dear to him as his own, and her reputation dearer. He wanted her, but not as much as he wanted what was best for her, after all.

Kenzo straightened, still holding her, bringing her upright, letting the embrace last as long as it could. Finally, he let go, taking a step back, leaving her standing, him now a pace away. As his hands slid away, he couldn't help but let them brush against her hands, a brief touch, before he brought his arms to his sides.

He gave her a charming smile, but his eyes were still intense, his chest still gently heaving. "So." He breathed. "That's the waltz, or so I was told. At this point, we'd switch to different partners." His lips quirked. "There don't seem to be any around, though."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:53 am 

It took a great deal of her willpower to not take hold of his hands as they left her form and brushed against her fingers. The slender fingers reached out against his, sharing that brief moment of affection until they were parted.

"... Thank you, for the dance," she murmured, her voice overcome with emotion of the tender embrace they had just shared, and she gave a small curtsy. "Other partners...? I don't think I want to dance with anyone else then." Utsusemi's smile was gentle, and it almost seemed like there was more to her words than just speaking of the waltz.

"So... a good thing there are no one else here for this waltz."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:05 am 

With a surprised laugh, Kenzo swept a courtly bow, his eyes bright. "Ah, yes! I almost forgot, Berena even mentioned that one should exchange courtesies at the end of the dance." He straightened, smiling, his lips parting just a little at her words. "I feel the same way, Utsusemi." He said, his voice soft. "I don't want any other dance partner, either."

He let the moment linger a moment longer, before giving her a smile, one of his more usual ones. "Well! I promised you turtles, and we've scarcely seen any yet." He gestured towards the railing, right by where his weapons sat. The moon had risen higher, a perfect reflection on the water. "Shall we have a look, then?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:19 am 

The way he could so easily smile again and carry on was a quality in him she admired, and she couldn't help herself from a small laugh.

"It would be an incomplete trip here without the turtles," she said with a warm chuckle, moving over to where they had both set aside their weapons and satchels. "If you want to watch the turtles and the garden, or just the night sky... I did bring some sake with me, if you're interested? It is such a nice night out, and well... seems like a good moment to have a drink?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:29 am 

His grin flashed at her out of the dark. "I quite agree. And yes, sake sounds like a very fine idea, indeed." He inclined his head to her.

The edge of the pavilion had arches which made for natural windows. As Utsu gathered the sake, he took up position in one of them arms resting casually on the railing as he leaned over it, leaving room for Utsu beside him. The stonework was wide enough for cups and bottle. "It is a very nice evening." He said, sighing. "I suppose we'll just have to see whether turtles, garden, or the moon best suit us." Turtles! But there was no denying the romance of the moon and water; perhaps, for once, turtles would lose out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:43 am 

After having retrieved the cups and the bottle, which was labelled with pale cherry blossoms against a snowy landscape, Utsusemi moved to Kenzo's side. "We used to do this kind of thing all the time back at the Kakita Academy, actually. Sit out on nights like this with sake, watching the flowers that would bloom after sundown, or just admire the starry sky and the moon," she reminisced out loud as she poured for the two of them.

"We didn't have turtles though. Probably would have been the dealbreaker for you, hm?" Utsusemi teased in a gentle tone and offered one of the cups to Kenzo.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:25 am 

Kenzo half-turned, his body shifting to face Utsu a little more, his elbow resting on the stone. "Thank you, Utsu." He murmured softly, taking the cup into his hand. He would wait to take a drink until she did, however, letting her set the pace.

He laughed softly at her joke, eyes glinting. Goodness, but he loved her sense of humor. "Perhaps. Or maybe I'd have smuggled them in." He said. "After I was there a year, the Kakita academy pond would be full of turtles."

"But turtles or no, that sounds quite enjoyable." He said. Kenzo gave her a glance. "Was it part of training? It sounds like the sort of thing that would inspire art. Or just something done with friends?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:43 am 

As he accepted his cup, Utsusemi picked up her own, but she waited a little before drinking. Mostly because she was still laughing at the idea of Kenzo smuggling in turtles to the Kakita Academy, until its garden lakes were full of the shelled-creatures, much to the confusion of the garderners.

"Hm, no, not a part of the curriculum, so to speak, but a lot of similar things were training in its own way. It's not like we would laze around without doing something artistic - all moments like that were opportunities to improve ourselves, to further hone our art. As well as quite a fair amount of friendly competition," she smirked and took a small sip to start with. The sake was smooth and pleasant, its flavours light and delicate, as typical of most Crane sake.

"But I doubt smuggling turtles were part of the Mirumoto training, no? I am a little curious how you came to be so fascinated by animals..."

Theme #5Profile

Page 2 of 5 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next