Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: [D8 EE] Here in Spirit
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:30 am 

Hot leaf juice it might be, but Kenzo was nevertheless the host. He refilled Ran's cup, pouring with a bit of a flourish.

"Yes." Kenzo said with a sigh. "So!" He gave Ran a smile. "Perhaps you can share some good news then! I see you're fully recovered." He nodded to her leg. "Have you made any interesting discoveries here?"

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:37 am 

"Are you oggling my legs, Kenzo-sama?" she said with a smile, and bowed her head in thanks for the tea.

Ichigo watched the pair, finished his mountain of rice.

"Well, I saw an orochi with my own eyes. That was both terrifying and fascinating. Did you hear about what happened at the beach?"

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:59 am 

"Ah..." Kenzo's eyes glinted. For a moment, his lips curled up playfully. Clever words rose to his lips... and died there. In truth, he found a great deal appealing about Ran. And in another time and place, he might have responded playfully. But, as he'd said the other night, there was only one person he wanted to dance with.

Kenzo's gaze shifted to what remained of his meal, letting the moment pass. "I did hear about the beach." He said after a moment. "I didn't hear about an orochi." He looked up again, smiling at her. "And you saw it? Truly?"

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:15 am 

She swallowed a lump in her throat that crawled out of no where at Kenzo's awkward reaction to her playful jab, and in response Ran licked her lips that felt suddenly dry, and looked aside. Embarrassed.

When she returned her gaze to the table, it was subdued. "Hai, it appeared before the illusion of the castle enveloped the Yamato Maru. It appeared again this afternoon during the banishment."

She gave a tepid smile and made an amused noise. "I have a lot of notes I need to be taking about what I've seen."

Last edited by Muhaki Ran on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:35 am 

For Kenzo, it seemed almost as though nothing had ever happened. He looked at Ran with the same friendly enthusiasm that he always did, except there was an extra softness to his eyes. "Goodness." He said. "So... the castle was an illusion. But the orochi was real?"

"You should!" He said with some extra enthusiasm. "I do enjoy the way you take notes. I should very much enjoy seeing what you have for what you saw, there."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:07 am 

"Hai, hai," she nodded in confirmation.

Then smiled at Kenzo sweetly, but still reserved. "My notes are available to you, at any time. I know you above all will appreciate them."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:17 am 

Kenzo inclined his head, smiling. "Thank you, Ran-san." He said softly. "That means a great deal to me." He was silent for a few moments. Indeed, he found the compliment exceptionally touching somehow.

He perked up, smiling cheerfully. "Well then, perhaps bring them with you when you visit Mustafar's? It's... hmmm." He frowned a moment, then smirked. "Well, so long as we finish looking at them before baklava. The coffee should be fine, though; not so sticky. And I've found that it sharpens the mind, rather."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:30 pm 

"I can do that," Ran nodded, her smile growing a bit and softening - but before it could truly blossom, she reeled it in to protect her On.

"I have had coffee before! I went to visit Muhaki Bellena-sama at her abode, and she had the drink available. I found it ... soothing."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:11 pm 

"Oh, did you?" Kenzo smiled. "Interesting. Soothing wasn't what I felt. That's how I feel when I drink tea. Well, proper tea." He gave her an amused grimace. "Utsu-sama's tea. Much more than just hot leaf juice."

"Coffee..." Kenzo shrugged. "It was a bit invigorating. Hotter, and more bitter, if bitter is the right word. It was a strong flavor, very good with the baklava." He said. "And a good thing it was invigorating, too, what with all the excitement I had today."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:15 pm 

"Soothing, as in it felt homey. Like a small campfire, built after a long day's proud work, I suppose. There was excitement when I experienced coffee, and invigoration, as you said. Maybe it was the setting. We seemed to take different things from it."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:30 pm 

"Mmmm." Kenzo's smile on Ran grew charmingly crooked, fond. "Like a campfire. An excellent comparison. I didn't know you had such a way with words." He inclined his head slowly, a quick sip of hot leaf juice hiding his lips.

"But perhaps the setting has something to do with it, yes." Kenzo nodded. "Environment is so often a factor. I... may actually be calling on Berena-sama after this; I stopped by earlier, but her staff told me she would be returning late. Exploring, they said. I have to wonder if she found anything intriguing."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:17 pm 

"I hope I continue to surprise you, Kenzo-sama," Ran replied softly, a smile returning to her lips.

"I'm sure Bah-Lena-sama will find what she is looking for. She is a brilliant sort. I very much look up to her as well."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:19 pm 

Kenzo looked down at Ichigo. "I'm sure you will." He said.

The subject moved on. "She very much is, yes." Kenzo said, looking up again, nodding. "I've very much admired her keen intellect." He sighed, not-unhappily. "She's also been a good and loyal friend. I don't know if you've had the opportunity to speak with her outside of a professional capacity, but it is well worth doing."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:43 pm 

"Hai, she is actually teaching me to speak Merenease- it's very exciting," she nodded as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:46 pm 

"Oh really?" Kenzo smiled, a bit sheepishly. "I believe she actually taught Utsu-sama the language as well. I'm no judge, obviously, but she seems to have learned it very well. No doubt Berena-sama is an excellent speaker."

The sheepish smile returned. "Somehow, I've managed to avoid learning any more than ten words of it. My Yobanjin has allowed me some chances to communicate, but I wonder if I should have been taking steps to learn the language, myself."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:25 pm 

"Well," Ran started, thoughtfully, "Your need to learn the language directly relates to if you intend to stay in lands which would require you to be proficient in its use."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:58 pm 

"Yes." Kenzo said thoughtfully. "I suppose that makes sense." He fell silent for a few moments.

Finally, he spoke again. "I don't think I will." He said. "I expect, once this expedition is done, I'll return to Rokugan."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:05 am 

She swallowed the words she wanted to say at once, and instead settled on: "You'll write to me? I think... Wataru-kun and I... I expect us to continue onward."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:20 am 

"Ah, I see." Kenzo glanced down at the turtle.

After a moment, he looked up with a smile. "But of course I shall write! And I hope you will write back. The things you'll see... I can only imagine." His lips twisted. "Although I won't have to imagine quite so much if you describe them for me."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:31 am 

She smiled as well. "I am saddened to come to the realization we may only have this time on this island together. But I look forward to hearing of your adventures with Lady Agasha-sama. And I will regal you with overly specific textbook descriptions of lands unknown."

Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next