Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: A job well done (Day 7, EE)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:50 pm 

''It is possible'' he smelled the pink liquid ''Or the fruit might be prepared in a different way?''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:39 pm 

"It could be any number of things I imagine." The lion added, as he took up his glass and took a sniff. "If it's anything like brewing sake, there are quite a number of elements you can change."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:05 pm 

"Well!" Kenzo said, rising his glass with a smirk. "It seems to me that there's only one way to find out." A toast didn't seem necessary each time.

And so, he lifted his glass to his lips, taking a sip. "Hmmm." He said, even as he let it swirl around his tongue. "That is different. Less sweet, I would say? Not that I'd especially call the first one sweet. Nevertheless..."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:55 am 

The mantis nodded

''True...its strange'' he spyed the bottle

''I am not sure if I like this one tho''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:17 am 

"I'm still not sure I like the first one." The Lion added a few moments before tasting the second glass of wine.

"As for this one, I'm not quite sure this is what pink should taste like." He offered after a moments thought. Not that he really had any idea what pink should taste like.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:23 pm 

In fact, the comment did cause Kenzo's eyebrows to go up just a little, his lips curling into a smile. "I will admit, Matsu-sama, I had no prior expectations as to what pink tasted like." He lifted the glass up, peering through the side into the liquid within.

"So." He said cheerfully. "We made quite a find today. I hope we'll be going out again in the future. Who knows what else there is, eh?"

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:14 pm 

That recieved a shrug from the lion. "I suspect I just thought it would taste lighter?" He offered before latching on to the change in topic.

"What was it we discovered today? A island that's no use to us? A tablet of mysterious origins?" He smiled slightly. "Perhaps I'm underestimating them though?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:13 pm 

Susumu chuckled

''Perhaps you lack imagination Matsu-san!''

He finished his wine before continuing

''The tablet may yet prove useful to the Prince and we also found an intersting Hiruma''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:34 pm 

It hadn't been the first time he had been accused of that. "Perhaps so, Gusai-sama." He offered as he took another sip of the pink drink.

"I can't speak much about the tablet. The crab though is interesting. After disappearing four months ago, he has managed to survive for two years on a island with no source of fresh water. Without much life on it to speak of honestly; which makrs you wonder what he ate, and he isn't even excited to see us ehen we arrive."

He smiled slightly. "Interesting is a good word for him, to say the least."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:58 pm 

"Yes." Kenzo said, nodding. "He's definitely a peculiar fellow." One eyebrow went up. "I don't think he's being deceptive. He seems more or less genuine. Nevertheless, there are questions that should be asked of him."

He smiled, looking into his glass. "I wonder if the turtle had something to do with it. There are some animals that have a strange relationship with others; symbiotic, the term is. Perhaps that helped him survive somehow."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:22 pm 

''That is a possibility..."

He sat back, thinking

''Rainwater and fish could have sustained him...as for the time problem...an effect of the spirit realms mayhaps?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:11 am 

"Fish?" The Lion raised a incredulous eyebrow. "That may be possible, climbing down the vines and finding from a perch on the edge of the turtle, catching a fish and hauling it back up." He finished his glass of wine. "What happens when the turtle dives a bit and wipes all the growth from the edge of it's shell though? Or when it goes two weeks without raining."

He shook his head. "Perhaps there is some way he could of survived for two years there, but I don't see it."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:47 pm 

"I don't think the turtle does dive." Kenzo said. "Or if it does, it does it extremely rarely. The vegetation on its back has clearly been there for a long time. And the grave, with its important marker, would be essentially temporary."

He shook his head. "I wonder how old the creature is. Centuries, at a guess. Turtles live a long time, especially the larger ones." His lips twisted. "I rather suspect it is more of a spirit creature than a natural species. Disappointing if so. Hopefully my supposition is incorrect."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:39 pm 

''A spirit creature?'' The mantis inquired, toughts coming ''That would explain the mists''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:29 pm 

"The man himself said it dives a bit, never completely though. That it gets rid of the vegetation on the turtles sides." The lion offered, not that he believed anyone would listen.

"So do you think we are drifting onto some sort of spiritlanf then?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:37 pm 

Kenzo did nod acknowledgement to Yasu's reminder.

"Yes." Kenzo said. After a brief hesitation, he added: "Or so it seems to me. The mists, the strange happenings, what Hiruma-san said about the foxes." He shrugged. "It is fascinating. And, it seems to me, very strange. Perhaps someone with more knowledge about that sort of thing should be consulted."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:00 am 

Susumu was pensive

''I wonder what realms can be reached''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:53 am 

Yasuhiro's question was a bit different then the Mantis's and went unvoiced. It would be a little bit too close to questioning their Lords orders as least for the Lion. "Well, if the giant turtle is any indication, I'd say the realm of animals at the very least."

Merenaese

Page 3 of 3 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3