Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Divine Happenings (D8, EN)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:15 pm 

Bellena walked up to the door of Ran's residence late that evening. She covered her shoulders with her shawl to protect her from the night breeze as she knocked on the door and checked her surroundings.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

Post subject: Re: Divine Happenings (D8, EN)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:12 am 

The door to her quarters were opened at the knock, and there stood Ran- a hand on the doorframe to stabilize herself, her cheeks flushed with drink.

"Bah-Lena-sama! This is unexpected and super exciting! I actually wanted to talk to you! Please, come in.." she leaned against the doorframe and made a motion to enter the quarters.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:57 am 

Bellena quickly began to notice the signs of her intoxication. She walked in and smiled in a reserved fashion, "Sorry to come so late my dear. I hope I didn't disturb you."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:13 am 

"I have had the most exquisite two days, and it has to do with you! Make yourself comfortable, please, I have little to offer you... I had a cache of sweets, but they were washed away in the storm..." She frowned, looking distraught. Her room was a nice size, with a small table in the sitting area and a handwoven rug underneath it. The bed was sectioned off behind paper walls.

On the table was a plate of fruit, and a baby palm-sized turtle happily- and slowly- attacking a strawberry.

"I do have fruit that I picked up from the market this afternoon, if that is acceptable?"

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:21 am 

“Anything you have is lovely my dear.” She replied as she found a seat.

“Something to do with me?” She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:06 pm 

She as well took a seat at the table, and offered Bellena the plate of fruits.

"You told me the other day you knew the Lady Sadahako when she lived; I had the good fortune of meeting her yesterday," her cheeks flushed even brighter red, and she looked at her fellow Tortoise with pride in her eyes.

The baby turtle continued to attack the strawberry. It was quite the feat, as they were the same size.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:09 pm 

"Meeting?" She asked with surprise. Wondering if it was the drink that was speaking.

"She's dead my dear."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:13 pm 

Ran shook her head defiantly. "She lives. In another way."

She went on to tell the story of the Stingray's flight into the mists, and beyond that past the clouds and outside the touch of the earth - where they were visited by the Lady Sadahako just when all seemed lost.

"She told my captain and I we had to be brave in the face of what is to come. She gifted Asahina-sama and myself. Ichigo-san was born from my tears," she motioned to the turtle, the colour of the stars in the nightsky.

"She also parlayed a message, for her son." This is when Ran grew a touch more serious. Sat up straighter. Laid her gaze on Bellena.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:19 pm 

The whole story caught Bellena's attention. It was fanciful to say the least and she had a hard time believing it... but the last comment seemed to draw out a sincere interest. "Her son? What did she say?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:32 pm 

She gave a warm smile, "Do you know who her son is? He must be here on the island, somewhere. I feel I need to deliver his mothers words directly to him. Could you arrange such a meeting, Bah-Lena-sama?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:42 pm 

Bellena was quiet for a moment while she thought, "Sadahako had no children in life... but there is a man here who may fit that description I believe... His presence is a closely held secret at the moment. There are those who would seek to pressure him unjustly if they knew he was here... I don't mean to doubt you my dear. But it is a rather fanciful story... I wouldn't wish to endanger this man unnecessarily. Do you promise to me that all you say is true? That you will not jeopardize his safety?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:48 pm 

"It is. And if I heard it from near anyone else, I would be as hesitant to believe as you are. You can trust me. I just want to relay a message to a son from his mother."

Ran swallowed a lump in her throat. The edges of her eyes reddened. "I think, if I were given the opportunity to hear last words from my father..." she shook her head, waving the thought off, and took a deep sigh, breathing the emotion away.

"The Lady Sadahako told me I would know him when I saw him, that he had many names, but he had her eyes and her nose. And because he is my true liege."

She let that sit for several moments.

"I trust your judgement, but please put faith in me."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:56 pm 

How could he have her eyes? Bellena thought to herself. Saionji had certainly never looked like Zazu, and it seemed a stretch that they two of them were ever related. But Sadahako was his nurse-mother from what she knew, not his real mother.

She paused and nodded, "This man means a great deal to me... I will be most upset if anything unfortunate were to happen to him. He is a man of many names... the one he is known by in your world is Muhaki Saionji. He is the rightful Champion of the Tortoise clan. I will contact him... and see about setting up a meeting with you. I will tell him that I believe your story... and will let you know what his response is."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:04 pm 

She listened quietly, hopeful. And nodded at Bellena's words. "This one is most grateful, Bah-lena-sama," Ran inclined her head to her friend.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:34 pm 

She smiled, "And here I was coming to explain some of what is going on with the temple... and now you have showed me up with this story of meeting the woman it is supposed to honor."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 pm 

"Oh!" She clapped her hands together in excitement, Ichigo-san dipped his head back into his shell at the sharp sound. "Tell me!"

She steadied herself with a short giggle then, "I am sorry if I seem to be a braggart, that is hardly the case at all. I just... you knew her, and I wanted to share with you. It was ...special to me."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:43 pm 

She chuckled, "Braggart is never the word I would use to describe Sadahako's messenger."

She smiled and then said, "In short, the preparations are moving along. We've made some trips to find a suitable location and within a day or two I think we'll be able to start working on getting the people and supplies up there. Agasha Utsusemi is helping to lead the effort, do you know her?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:47 pm 

"That is fantastic news, and I am at your beck and call to lend aid. I do know her, she is teaching me the basics and beginnings of medical care. She is a lovely woman, someone worth looking up to. I'm happy to hear of her involvement."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:50 pm 

"Excellent. I am glad you two are familiar with one another, it will help tremendously. We need to maintain a visible presence in the completion of this temple. I will do what I can to make sure you have the materials and people you require... but I also have many things to see to here on a daily basis, so some of the hands on administration I'd like to entrust to you if I can." She replied.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:54 pm 

"This one is humbled to be entrusted with something so important, and will put every effort into ensuring the temple is worth of Lady Sadahako's reverence."

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next