Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Morning stretches [D-2, M]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:12 pm 

In what may have become something of a local tradition, the young Jade magistrate could; on semi-regular occasions; be found leading locals in the early hours of the morning in the quest to loosen muscles and invigorate the soul. For some, joining the stretching regiment was a matter of maintaining health. For others, an excuse to gossip. Yet others still, simply needed a push to come visit the temples near which the exercises were held. The many motivations, combined with the fact the exercises were light and easy enough that anyone could do them, meant there was a diverse range of participants.

For Hikari, it had mainly been something she did in order to allow the locals get to know her a bit better. She'd found that the relatively casual feeling that followed the routine made it easier for some citizens to approach the Seppun princess and engage her in conversation. Something that was sorely needed given the importance of her duties, and the difficulty people had in talking about
such things in the first place.

"Alright everyone," Hikari waved for attention as she got through today's routine, "remember that on days I'm not here, we have several volunteers who keep it going, so please keep coming, and remember to take care of your health!"

After that the crowd would slowly start to thin, those lingering engaging each other in conversation or continuing exercises of their own while Hikari did the same.

Last edited by Seppun Hikari on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Morning stretches [D2-M]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:51 pm 

Ooc: Using this slot and post to represent my Day -2 Etiquette roll for What's in a Name pregame event.

Anzai had heard that this morning routine was well attended. While there were heimin there, there were those of his station as well. More importantly, rumor had it that an Imperial princess led the stretches. He had arrived on time, wearing a less than formal kimono, still crimson red. His hair loosely tied back, yet the unmistakable mask of a Scorpion worn.

He honestly felt rejuvenated by the end of the stretches, ready to conquer the day. Smirking, he moved with a certain solent grace, begging the pardon of a few before finding himself near the Imperial woman.

"Ohayoo gozaimasu, what you do for these people is admirable. Please, allow me to introduce myself, I am Shosuro Anzai."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Post subject: Re: Morning stretches [D2-M]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:37 pm 

Seemingly out of nowhere, Hikari had produced a handful of small snacks known as Amanattō for herself, and popped one into her mouth. Thus ignoring her own advice of staying healthy.

"Ohayo, Shosuro-san." She gave the man a light bow of the head and a friendly smile. "I'm Seppun Hikari, the resident Jade magistrate for the city. Are you new to Dragon Guard? Or perhaps one of those joining the sailors?"

She looked down at her hand and the sugared lumps contained within, then back at the man and held it out in an offering.

Post subject: Re: Morning stretches [D-2, M]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:22 pm 

Anzai returned the bow, politely declining the offered snack with a smile. "I am, Seppun-san. New, I mean. And going off with the expedition." His voice was soft, a high tenor. She'd easily see his expressive eyes through his mask, the disturbingly bright green one definitely calling attention.

Ah, the Jade Magistrate. This makes more sense...

"The citizens seem to enjoy taking part. Of course, when administered by someone of your caliber, it lends an air to be enjoyed."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:28 pm 

"I see," she said, attention indeed drawn to the green eye for a moment. Though what her thoughts on the abnormality might be would be hard to discern.

"Why thank you," she answered then, when complimented, and placed another piece of candy in her mouth, and then once again holding it out to him.

"Are y'sure," she said, best as she could while chewing, "y'don't want one?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:41 pm 

In all honesty, Anzai had no aversion to his own eye. He took after his lost mother, in both features and details. Again, politely declining. "No, I cannot. I would not want to rob you of such delights." The smile was easy as he spoke, warmth radiating from his words.

"And you? Are your responsibilities tying you here? Or will you be part of the corps?" He was curious, because it was his duty to be.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:51 pm 

There was a glimmer of amusement in her eyes as he kept playing the game over a simple bit of candy.

"Well now," in between her teeth, Hikari crunched up a final bit of the candy that she'd previously inserted into her mouth, "that'd be a matter of legal bureacracy. I suspect not all on the ships are formally part of the corps. And I suspect there'll be use for the Jade office across the sea."

She once more placed a piece of candy in her mouth, leaving only single one behind in her hand. Almost like she'd planned it that way. It was once more held out toward him.

"I wouldn't feel right eating all of it. Too much sugar all at once."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:15 pm 

"Humbly, I would be happy to relieve you of that burden." Bowing again, slender fingers accepting the final piece of sweet from the Imperial. Tasting it, relishing the brightness of the sugar on his tongue. Eyes half lidded. "Delightful, Seppun-san. You honor me." The game was all he had, his grratest strength.

The one which yielded the greatest advantages.

"I'm sure there would be need. It's the great unknown. And as far as formally, I think we can surmise that more informality may be what is needed out there."

Last edited by Shosuro Anzai on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:25 pm 

"Oh?" She seemed entertained by either his wordplay, or what he was implying. Or both.

"You may well be correct, Shosuro-san. Ofcourse, some think formality more important than others."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:30 pm 

"Formality can get in the way of establishing broader horizons." He moved to her side with a meditated grace, not with any intention if causing scandal or rumor. But to ease the conversation to match the tone of where it led.

"Do you know much about the gaijin lands?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:41 pm 

"Not as much as I'd like, or as much as many in this city do. Perhaps yourself included?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:52 pm 

"I studied Merenaese at Shining Light." That smirk returned with a curve to his lips. The reason he would be quite useful on this voyage. "The language, anyway. I only know a little about our foreign friends. If you find yourself needing someone with a skilled tongue." There was a brief laugh, before shaking his head.

"I've learned enough that only my accent and appearance would put me out of place amongst them."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:01 pm 

Surely he hadn't intended to cause such thoughts; however brief. Or perhaps he had. It mattered not, and it was soon moved past.

"Hmm? If you know little about them save their language, then I'd imagine more than your accent and appearance might put you out of place among them, Shoruso-san. For instance, you may know the word for apple in their language, but what if you didn't know that to eat one in public is considered a deep insult because they're associated with funerals?"

She said it with such seriousness and confidence that one might well believe that what she'd just said about apples was a cold hard fact.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:21 pm 

"A fair and valid point, Seppun-san. It seems I may have to come to you to learn such valuable lessons." He bowed in deference, yet the smirk remaining. "I'll have to ask the first merchant we meet about apples."

Reaching into his obi, he removed his paper fan. Opening it, the mon of the Scorpion emblazomed proudly on the scarlet backdrop. "Has there been much need for the Jade office here in town?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:53 pm 

"Oh it's quite safe here," she said. She knew better than to launch into detailed explanations. "But there is always a need, of course."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:18 am 

"And we should be grateful to have such dedicated magistrates, such as yourself, to man these offices." There was nothing but sincerity in his voice, accompanied by a certain air of reverence. "Anything I should take not of, before we embark? You've been here longer than myself, I'd be remiss to not ask for your expertise."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:40 pm 

"That depends on whether you're intending on causing trouble. If so it'd be best to just turn yourself in right now. Saves on the workload." Her tone was light and playful. "Otherwise, I'd suggest not staying out too late and to just enjoy the city before you're to leave it again."

It wasn't like the she was going to share the issues the Jade office was dealing with the first person who asked unless it was absolutely necessary for public safety.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:05 am 

"I'd never intend to cause trouble. And I think enjoying the city should be easy. I just wouldn't want to miss any of the highlights." He had a light chuckle, before that mischevious grin returned. "And if I had to, would I be turning myself in to you?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:18 pm 

"Possibly," she said, amused, "depends on the kind of trouble of course. The local guard and then the Emerald office take care of the boring kind."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:24 pm 

"The boring kind isn't worth the effort then." He shook his head in grim determination, followed by a pleased look upon his features. He found that Hikari was very easy to talk to.

Which probably helped explain the size of the crowd for the morning session. "Well, I'm sure you have much to do before the expedition begins. I do not wish to rob you of any more of your precious time, Seppun-san. But maybe I'll see you around again?" His voice perfumed with a lilt of enjoyment.

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next