Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Don't be so jaded [D-3, M]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:54 pm 

"Well, there's that option. Or maybe get one that's already made refitted. They've got some nice designs around some of the places here. Lots of different styles."

Hikari was such an enabler.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:50 pm 

'' Maybe. But I doubt that they could make a perfect kimono if the work is rushed. Or perhaps not. '' She wondered if the city's seamstresses and tailors could achieve the level of work that she is accustomed.

'' In any case, do you need anything for the voyage, dear sister?'' She asked with curiosity. She imagined that Hikari will be travelling with a massive amount of snacks and sweets.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:32 pm 

"I have most of my supplies sorted, though every time I walk by the stalls I find something I've forgotten. We should probably also see about getting you some jewelry, of the jade variety."

Her sister being the way she was, Hikari figured it was best to phrase it that way.

"Always fashionable."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:10 am 

The yoriki smirked. "Jade goes well with any outfit, so I have heard." She went back to looking over the papers, though the look on her face remained.

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:32 am 

Hinami completely ignores Akarei's comment, she was focused speaking with her sister. '' I see, well, I will have to look around for some jade pendant or perhaps jade earrings.'' She nods.

Hinami was not an idiot. As a Seppun, she was raised among many people, all devoted to protect the Emperor and his family, like the Miharu and the Hidden Guard. While she didn't know the exact details, she had certain idea of the properties that jade had. She appreciated her sister's intentions of keeping this conversation according to etiquette.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:01 pm 

Score one sister point for Hikari. Minus three friendship points for Akarei.

"I'm sure whichever way you go will end up looking good. You were always better at that stuff than me, after all."

Which was true, but it hardly meant that Hikari was a slob when it came to dressing herself.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:38 pm 

Hinami nods to her sister's comment.

''Perhaps I could offer you some assistance on that regard, dear sister. Impression is a powerful ally. '' Hinami sometimes felt that her sister should put a bit more effort into that part. Afterall the prestige of the family should not be damage by lack of graces.

Hinami opened again her fan and slightly tilted her head to look at the ungraceful Yogo sitting in the same room to make her point...

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:00 pm 

"What are you saying, people love the fashionably dashing figure I strike!"

She laughed loudly, covering up for the less than polite headtilt gesture. Even though Akarei probably hadn't even seen it, and probably wouldn't even have cared anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:06 pm 

"They look upon you and see a leader," Akarei threw in. She had actually meant that remark, though she still had an amused look on her face. "I am follow your commands as always."

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:10 pm 

Hinami covered her face with her fan. She knew her sister tended to express her a bit too loudly. In any case, she listened to the Scorpion's comment and tried to figure it out if there was a hint of sarcasm behind her words. But she could find any hint of an insult to her sister.

She did not make any further comment.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:25 pm 

"Well," she shrugged, "some of them do at least."

She turned back to Hinami. "But I wouldn't mind some pointers sometime. Just so long as we don't go full courtly fashion. There's practicality to consider for someone in my position."

Page 3 of 3 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3