Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Post subject: Offerings To The Heavens (D-3, Afternoon)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:32 pm 

While she was not a priest like her husband, Utsusemi was a devout samurai in that she frequently offered her prayers and gratitude to the Fortunes. And being born a Doji, it was always most natural to her to offer praise to Benten first.

After the supplication to the Fortune of Romantic Love, she produced a fine sheet of paper from inside her sleeve and placing it upon the altar of offerings to the Fortune. In silence, she took a moment to admire her own poem, feeling satisified with it's quality not only in rythm and verse, but also in the penmanship.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Offerings To The Heavens (D-3, Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:50 am 

A large Crab arrives at the temple not too long after. Spying someone else already at the altar he bides his time while the complete their offerings. He offers the samurai-ko a polite bow when she notices his presence.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:02 pm 

Noticing the arrival of another supplicant, the woman silently rose to her feet to step aside.

"My apologies, samurai-san."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:48 am 

The Crab shakes his head. "Not at all samurai-sama. This one is Hida Ringo. Though if you do not mind, perhaps we can continue this after I quickly give my prayers." He asks permission.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:00 am 

Utsusemi raised an eyebrow, but assumed the Crab maybe had something he wanted to discuss about her husband or brother-in-law, and she give a nod. "If you say so."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:31 am 

Ringo makes a quiet and simple prayer. After a few moments he finishes and returns back. He offers another bow. "I am an engineering student with the Imperial Naval College. Are you new here? I do not recall seeing you around before."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:52 pm 

"'Tis a large city with many people," she inclined her head slightly, a little surprised he did not offer a name along with stating that he was a student. "I am not new to the city, no, but I do not spend all my time here. Whom do I have the honor of speaking with?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:14 pm 

"I mentioned it before but I am Hida Ringo." He introduces himself again with a bow.

"Ah, in that case you must be surprised by how much this city has changed in just a year."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:47 pm 

"My pardons, I must have misheard earlier," she bowed a little, that a grown man of that size is calling himself 'apple'. "I am Agasha Utsusemi."

"The city has changed considerably since my last time here. It was always an evolving place from my memory, but it has certainly increased greatly in that regard."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:03 pm 

"A pleasure Agasha-sama." Ringo replies back with a nod. "The city has been filling up with new people as well."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:09 pm 

She gave a nod. "So it would seem. Many seem to come to seek their fortunes in joining the Imperial Explorers and Hantei-no-kimi's quest. I assume you are among those numbers, as a student of the Imperial Naval College?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:07 am 

Ringo smirks a little bit. "Not quite. My interest is more in the gaijin technology. The Imperial Naval College is the best opportunity to be able to experience it up close and study it. I wish to use it to develop better siege machines for the Crab. Hopefully my efforts will save many Crab lives in the future."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:55 am 

Her brow furrowed in thought as she considered siege weapons with the use of gaijin powder.

"... Perhaps, thought it will without a doubt cause the loss of many lives if it is used in warfare."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:33 am 

"There is that possibility I suppose. Though I hope that they primarily use it in defense of the Empire." Ringo comments.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:21 am 

"Forgive me, as I am not Crab, but what would stop them from employing them in warfare? The Crab have been engaged in several battles against other clans in recent history, and indeed, some might consider such weapons to be the gamechanger that could bring about easy victories when laying siege to castles and fortresses."

Or like what happened at the Kitsu Tombs...

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:02 pm 

"I suppose it will come at the discretion of the commander in charge. Though I am not conceited to think that I am the only one researching this. I imagine that gaijin technology will start spreading into the Clans. If not will fully at first, then partly due to necessity. It would change the nature of warfare." Ringo summarizes.

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]