Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: That's so dojo [D-1, E]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:36 pm 

Not getting in as many training as she generally liked, Hikari had elected to spend the evening hours in the dojo. Though she had expected it to be quiet, it turned out there were more than a few students and sensei present; engaging themselves in various exercises and sparring matches. The arrival of the Seppun princess, as one might expect, changed the mood considerably, becoming a little more formal perhaps.

Though she was a shugenja, it was no secret that the Magistrate trained in hand-to-hand combat; and after a period of observation she approached one of the more skilled students to offer a practice match, only to be offered one by a sensei instead. Perhaps it was feared a less experienced student would inadvertently hurt Hikari. Or not provide enough of a challenge. Or otherwise be deemed insufficient. Regardless, Hikari accepted the substition and prepared herself for defeat...

...but found genuine victory instead; against an honored opponent who clearly wasn't holding back and knew their martial arts quite well. The young magistrate did not have much in the way of power perhaps, and her technique wasn't yet as refined as she'd have liked it to be, but she nonetheless seemed to impress those at the dojo.

(Pre-Game) D3, Jiujutsu, 2 called raises, VOID, +2 glory, TN30: 7d10o10k5+2 47

Post subject: Re: That's so dojo [D-1, E]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:58 am 

A young Lion samurai, dressed in practice clothes, was among the sparring students that evening. He blinked in surprise as the Seppun princess trounced one of the school's sensei, and joined in the generally impressed murmur among the students after this event.

"Your technique is very powerful, Seppun-sama," the young Lion said with a polite bow when they happened to be near each other. "I am called Kitsu Keiji, an officer with the Imperial Explorer Corps. If it would not be too indiscreet to ask, may one ask where Seppun-sama trained?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:46 am 

A large Crab arrives at the dojo. He offers proper respect to the dojo by removing his sandals and meticulously putting them away somewhere out of the way. He offers a bow to the dojo before entering. Then he offers a bow to the samurai already present. He offers a friendly smile to the Lion but makes no move to interrupt their dialogue.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:16 pm 

Not fully expecting the Lion to know who she was despite there no doubt having been some whispers to that effect among the crowd, she decided that before answering his question it'd be best to introduce herself, and gave him a light bow.

"Seppun Hikari, Jade Magistrate."

And ended the bow. "I have had the fortune of picking up the basics from my uncle, Seppun Matashi-sama, during my apprenticeship."

Seppun Matashi, to those familiar with imperial politics, was of course the brother of Seppun Kentoshi, the family daimyo.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:32 pm 

"Your skill does honor to your teacher, Seppun-sama," Keiji replied in a formal tone. "It was an impressive demonstration."

As Hida Ringo entered and offered a bow, Keiji turned to return his bow. It was clear from the Lion's friendly expression that he recognized the burly Crab. "May I present Hida Ringo," he said by way of introduction. "Lately of the Imperial Naval College, and a good man to have at one's side."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:40 pm 

"Domo," she said by way of shortened greeting along with light bow. "One such as I must have much respect for the Crab, Hida-san."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:21 pm 

Ringo bows again with the introduction. "A pleasure to meet you Seppun-sama. I regrettably did not see most of your demonstration but the little that I did see has left an impact. I thank you kindly for the respect that you have for my Clan."

He offers a nod to Keiji. "It is good to see you around captain."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:29 pm 

"You are a captain? Is one of the ships in the harbor by chance yours?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:34 pm 

"I captained the Shark Fin," Keiji admitted with a smile. "A little sailboat, not quite as majestic as the great ships that will be embarking as part of the prince's expedition. But we won last year's regatta, and Hida-san here was my trusted first mate, and deserves much of the credit for that."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:08 am 

"I see. I was not here for that, but it sounds like quite the accomplishment. I trust you will both be relied upon a great deal then, in the expedition to come."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:29 am 

Ringo nods. "It was quite the event. Though we didn't have the greatest ship in the competition it was thanks to our teamwork plus the captain's guidance and skill that we won. Plus we managed to avoid the whales that appeared."

Catching her words he regards her for a moment. "Will Seppun-sama be coming along with the expedition as well?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:56 pm 

"It seems likely, though the details remain unresolved. Whatever the destination, it would be wise to have at least one representative from the Jade office present."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:51 pm 

"I'm sure your expertise will be needed, Seppun-sama," Keiji nodded. "I confess I am ignorant of such matters. Are there even kami outside the borders of the Empire? What should we expect?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:26 pm 

"Well now," she said, seeming slightly amused, "not quite so ignorant I should think. I believe both of you have some experience when it comes to the business of the Jade office, yes?"

She turned to Ringo; "quite intimately so, even, from what I've gathered."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:39 pm 

Ringo nods and smiles. "I look forward to working with you Seppun-sama. It will be nice having someone of your expertise around."

Something occurs to him. "Hmm... sorry for going back but you mentioned that your uncle is Seppun Matashi-sama. Are you by chance directly related to Seppun Kentoshi-dono as well?" Direct as opposed to a 2nd cousin or something.

Last edited by Hida Ringo on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:48 pm 

"I will insist on it, in fact. Certain questions remain unanswered for me, but we can discuss them at a later time."

Quite the fortunate happenstance this is...

Then the topic was changed, and just as well for one had to realize that propriety did not exactly allow for some conversations in public.

"Yes, he is my father."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 pm 

"Indeed." Ringo answers with a nod before he goes into a follow up question.

"Then I suppose you have a sister by the name of Seppun Hinami-sama? Is that also correct?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:18 pm 

"She is my twin sister, yes. You've met her, I take it."

Despite being twins, they were not the identical kind... and their differences in personality were glaringly obvious after talking to them for just a short while.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:26 pm 

Ringo nods. "Twin sister you say..." He muses that for a moment. "Yes, I met her a couple of evenings ago over sushi. Hmm... if you don't mind my asking..."

A short pause as he considers something. "... which one of you is the older twin?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:03 pm 

My sister, eating with a Hida? Must've made an impression.

"Quite the curious one, aren't you?" She seemed entertained by the question. "I'm several minutes older than her."

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next