Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: If only for memories ( Day -2 Afternoon Dragon's Gardens)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:54 am 

"I don't know why you like this place so much." Yasuhiro murmured under his breath as he wandered along the paths of the Dragon's Gardens. He wasn't really trying to find the center, though he had a good idea of the way to go, it wasn't the first time he had wandered it's paths after all.

Because it's romantic. Came the playful voice of his grandmother. If you ever manage to find a woman that can stand you for more then a few minutes, you should know how to get good and lost here, so you can steal a few kisses from her. Yasuhiro had to repress a groan at that, he hated when his grandmother got like this, still it at least seemed like she was enjoying herself.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: If only for memories ( Day -2 Afternoon Dragon's Gardens
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:17 am 

Hinami heard about the Dragon's garden, and it's reputation for being a place where few people lurk around. For the first half an hour or so Hinami encountered some peasants gardeners that, of course, didn't disturbed her path. She was a bit curious about the layout of the garden, so she ventured deep into it. She passed some shrines depicting the elemental dragons and went deeper and deeper. What can go wrong, right?

Well, after 2 hours walking around without taking notice of the path she has taken, Hinami got lost.

'' ... ''

She didn't despair though, why should she? She was a Seppun after all, and a kuge, a direct descendant of Lady Seppun and Akagi, a hard trained Otomo... or at least that was what she tried to think while she was trying to find her path out of it.

'' ... ''

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:29 am 

"Can we please not talk about my luck with women grandmother?" Came the quite voice from what seemed to be around the bend, though the words were so soft that the young woman might not be able to make them out.

It was followed a few moments later by the appearance of a young man rounding a bend in the path, he didn't seem to be paying much attention to the path he was taking, and one could assume he was likely lost. Though you couldn't be certain.

It wasn't long before Yasuhiro stopped, a bit of surprise in his eyes as he finally spotted the young woman. "Good afternoon, Seppun-sama." He managed after a small pause to collect himself, adding a polite bow to his greeting.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:51 am 

Hinami heard a very soft whisper from afar and felt that someone, or something, was approaching her. For the next minutes or so, she was deeply conflicted as one hand went to the hilt of her wakizashi, while the other to her fan... she was not afraid of course, samurai don't fear.

Finally a young man appeared, a tanned lion. She stood there without saying anything until he noticed her and approached.

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
"Good afternoon, Seppun-sama." He managed after a small pause to collect himself, adding a polite bow to his greeting.

For a few seconds she didn't reply as she would had usually done so, there was something disturbing about that lion that caught her out of balance. Finally she reacted.

'' Good afternoon, Lion-san...'' She said with a slight bow. She inspected the lion but could not find what was that was making her, uncomfortable? besides the unattractive tan he was like virtually every single lion she has meet before...

She took out her fan, just in case.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:27 am 

Hrm... The voice of his grandmother made it's way to Yasuhiro's ear as she seemingly observed the young Seppun. A bit scrawny, but get a few meals in her ,and some exercise, and she likely wouldn't be too bad.

Putting what he hoped was a polite smile onto his lips, the Lion did what he could to put the young maiden at ease. "I'm known as Matsu Yashiro no Koritome, Seppun-sama, and my apologies if I'm disturbing your stroll.." He offered somewhat lamely. "I was just, doing a bit of wandering..."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:52 pm 

Hinami opened her fan to cover her mouth, her expression was neutral, but she was still feeling unconfortable around this lion. She could not figure it out what was it which made her nervous, but she didn't express it through her body language nor her voice.

'' Hmm, a Matsu from the Koritome family. '' She said, her lips covered by her fan. '' I'm Seppun Hinami '' She bowed once again, denoting superior lineage through her slight bow.

an awkward long silence.

'' So, Matsu Yasuhiro-san, perhaps you could be of some use...'' She said that with a rather dry tone, like any good imperial would probably do.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:31 pm 

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance Seppun-sama."
Yasuhiro replied, offering her a deeper bow in return. Honestly he hadn't expected to meet any of her status this far inside the maze. Important people usually stuck to the edge.

His suspicion was confirmed a few moments later after the awkward silence that he did nothing to try and break. "I'd be happy to be of assistance if I can be Seppun-sama." He offered politely. "Are you perhaps looking for the center?" She couldn't be looking for the exit of course, a imperial would never get lost.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:40 pm 

'' Hmm, you seem more perceptive than you look. '' She commented. '' Hai, I'm looking for the center shrine. '' She emphasised her words by pointing with her fan towards the maze. Her On was perfect.

'' Do you how to get to the center, Matsu Yasuhiro-san?'' She asked

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:45 am 

The commanding gesture almost convinced him she was actually lost, though he would never say as much out loud. "I do, I've made it to the center a number of times after all." He really wasn't very good at gettign lost, to his grandmothers chagrin.

"Perhaps I could help you find the way?" He asked with a small smile, it didn't help with his chilly aura, but he at least seemed polite enough.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:15 pm 

His smile actually had the oposite effect, his chilly aura was even worst. While the idea of having to spend more time with this disturbing tanned lion was not very pleasant, Hinami had no other choice. She could try to find the center shrine after hearing the instructions but she was not sure if she could find the exit all by her own.

Obviously she would not admit that.

'' I will accept your help, Matsu Yasuhiro-san '' She said as she closed her fan, but she did not put it back on her obi.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:37 pm 

This just wasn't working, letting the smile fade from his features he gestured in the direction she had been coming from. "This path is likely the shortest." Yasuhiro offered as he began to move past the lovely young woman, his steps nearly silent.

"If you'd taken a right at the previous fork it would of led you closer."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:41 am 

'' Hmm, I see...'' She said while she followed the Lion. She didn't like that, to walk behind him, it was almost as an insult for her, or at least that's how Hinami saw all of this situation.

But there was no other choice. While she was walking behind him, the young Seppun maiden took her time to analize the Lion. He was older than her, but no so much older apparently. He appeared to be quite athletic as a proper bushi should be, the tan ruined whatever hint of good looking he had and his aura destroyed that completely.

What is it? Is he cursed? Maybe I should just get away from him. Perhaps I could find a heimin and order him to show me the way out... Hinami thought as she silently followed the disturbing lion.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:08 am 

You're not running from her. His grandmother chided, causing the young lion to slow his pace a bit, so the Seppun maiden wouldn't have to walk behind him. Not that she would likely want to walk beside him either though.

Stealing a glance in her direction he spoke, mostly to try and dispel the awkward silence that seemed to be forming between them once again. "Could I ask what it is that brings you to this city Seppun Hinami-sama?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:44 am 

'' Hantei's-denka voyage. '' She replied dryly. Yasuhiro was correct, she didn't like to walk beside him as well. Once again silence returned, only broken by their own footsteps, the breeze or the birds that sang around the garden.

After some minutes of that long awkward silence Hinami spoke.

'' And you, Matsu Yasuhiro-san?'' She asked.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:20 am 

"I'm a Imperial Marine Seppun Hinami-sama." He offered in return, pausing a moment before adding a bit more explanation. "I'm here to train, and I will be joining Hantei-Denka's voyage in the coming days." That should make her happy. She wouldn't have to chance encountering him again after he left.

He let the silence settle over them once again after that, uncertain where to take the conversation himself, or even if she would want to continue it.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:27 pm 

Ugh, so I will see him again? Hopefully we will be on different ships... Hinami lamented her lack of luck.

The young Seppun once again opened her fan and covered her lips while she walked beside the Lion. She was wondering about probably something of importance, which means not about the Lion.

After more minutes of that silence, it would seem they reached the center of the maze. The shrine of the unknown dragon accepting a ball of rice from a young girl was there. Hinami approached the shrine and inspected it. she tried to figure it out to whom was dedicated this statue but she was not very versed about theology.

'' To whom is dedicated this shrine?'' She asked while she continued inspecting the shrine.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:19 pm 

This was going almost exactly how he expected, which meant poorly. He had no fan to cover his own lips, so he made do by keeping a neutral expression on his features.

The young woman was beautiful, but he did his best not yo look in her direction too often, she likely wouldn't like that.

"I've never asked." He replied with a small shrug. "It's not one of the elemental dragons though. At least as far as I can tell."

"My apologies I can't answer in more detail Seppun Hinami-sama."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:39 am 

Not very useful are you... Hinami wanted to reply, but she didn't said anything about the Lion's lack of knowledge. In any case Hinami continued observing the shrine, wondering why a dragon would accept a ball of rice from a little girl. The statue didn't make any sense to her.

Though Hinami was not a very religious person herself, she made a silent prayer to whatever kami, dragon or creature this statue was trying to depict, less some outwordly creature would felt insulted for her lack of faith.

She felt observed from time to time, and the chilling aura did not disappear.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:24 am 

Yasuhiro stayed a few paces away, near the entrance of the center waiting until the Seppun woman was done with her investigation of the area. After what seemed like a eternity of awkward silence he spoke up.

"Whenever you are ready I can show you the way back Seppun Hinami-sama." The shortest route would likely be the best, but part of him started calculating slightly less direct routes.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:55 am 

'' ... ''

Hinami did not liked to be disturbed while she was praying. She sighed, resigned with the lion. '' Alright, Matsu Yasuhiro-san I suppose the kami can wait for another day...'' She said with a neutral tone of voice.

'' Whatever...'' She whispered to herself behind her fan. '' Lead on. ''

'' ...So, why a Koritome member decided to join the imperial marines?'' She asked

D13 Theme

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next