Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: (D0 LM) See No Evil, Speak No Evil
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:03 am 

The Yogo stepped outside to take a break from her paperwork. She turned around, took in the sight of the Jade Office, and then smiled. Her position as a yoriki had been hard fought for, more than she had believed necessary. The recurring thought in her head had been along the lines of, I am an intelligent, powerful, blessed young woman. What gives them the right to deny me? Nothing. I deserve so much more.

Therefore, her feelings surrounding her recent accomplishments were the most genuine ones of happiness that she possessed. Which was perfect for her next move.

She found a comfortable spot underneath the shade with the Office clearly in sight. She unrolled the scroll containing her chosen prayer and recited the incantation. And soon, a voice came to her. "How interesting! You wish to further yourself even more! Being this 'Jade Yoriki' is not enough for you, is it?"

"That is correct," she replied unabashedly; she cared not if others recognized her prayer.

"But how are other humans supposed to recognize your emotions behind that mask of yours?"

Akarei smiled nervously. "It is a custom of humans. It would be improper to show me face."

"Really? That's so disheartening! You should show yourself more openly!" The spirit paused for a moment before its excitement grew even larger. "You want to be beloved! You enjoy that, I know you do! Oh, your blushing is adorable as well!"

The priestess glowered. "Will you help me or not?"

"Certainly! Let us find you a beautiful-"

"No, no, no." She held up the ward meekly. "I need you to reside in here until I am prepared."

"Oh, I see! You have someone in mind already! So I will wait until you walk to her!"

The Yogo's cheeks began to match her hair color. "Not necessarily. I might need you to-"

"What?! That's so boring. You're boring! You won't even take off your mask!"

Before the woman could respond, her entreated kami was gone...

---

D0 LM Benten's Touch, 2 CR for Raises for Ward, TN 25: 5d10o10k2 18

Minor Breach in Etiquette for Public Spellcasting... but Yogo don't care.

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

Post subject: Re: (D0 LM) See No Evil, Speak No Evil
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:42 am 

Exiting one of the buildings was a Seppun woman accompanied by her Attendant. Stepping out into the light of the day once more she took in her surroundings only to cast a glance over toward the display taking place in the shade just long enough to piece together what it likely might have been and cast her eyes elsewhere. Anywhere else, in fact. Stepping away from the building she and Sakia made an effort onward past the woman.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:55 am 

As a cruel twist of fate, the scroll was sent spiraling away by a gust of wind. The priestess blinked and scurried after it. When she finally managed to catch it, she found herself in front of the two women. She quickly stuffed the paper away into her satchel and got to her feet. "Excuse me," she blurted out. She let out a soft cough and then gave a deep bow. "Please, forgive me for getting in your way."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:26 am 

With a subtle shift to the side Kaiya studied the woman before her for a moment, glancing off away from her toward Sakia. A slight perhaps? No, Sakia spoke without much delay. Stepping forward as she did so she bowed quite respectfully to the Samurai before her and said, "This is Seppun Kaiya-sama, among the first of the Imperial Explorers."

Kaiya bowed with the introduction and then resumed her onlooking position as Sakia continued, "Unfortunately she was never granted the blessing of voice and cannot express herself directly. A duty to which I make myself of service," she notes succinctly. "Leaving me to be the one to inform you that Seppun Kaiya-sama accepts the apology but finds there is little reason to feel at fault for such a simple accident. After all, it was a peculiar gust of wind that had taken your parchment from your hand."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:13 pm 

"I am Yogo Akarei," the redhead replied, still a bit bashful. She gave another bow to the Imperial and then gave a nod of acknowledgement to the servant. "Thank you for your kindness."

She looked back to the silent one and absorbed what she was being told. "So how does she communicate to you what she intends to communicate?"

The wind was not a coincidence... this is why I prefer the fire kami.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:54 am 

It was a question few cared to ask but not an answer that they were unwilling to give, "For most I know Seppun Kaiya-sama well enough to be able to answer in her stead. Otherwise she has a method of signalling when to correct me. A language of her own."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:29 am 

"I see. You must have served her in this capacity for a long time to have achieved such a bond," she stated earnestly, "She is lucky to have you by her side."

Great choice, kami. Wait, is this just an assumption? Oh, hm...

She took a breath and turned to address Kaiya properly. Though it was Sakia who was talking, it was the Imperial who was truly the one to address. "You have your own language? Did you develop it on your own or is this a joint creation?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:14 am 

Sakia glanced to Kaiya and it was the look alone that spoke well enough for the girl to speak, "Seppun Kaiya-sama often says that a language cannot be created by one person alone. After all, you need more than one person to hold a conversation."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:14 am 

"I suppose that is true." The woman shrugged. "I work sometimes with Ciphers. Perhaps it is similar in that way?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:54 am 

Sakia looked to Kaiya for the answer, and to that the woman simply nodded in the affirmative. It was accurate enough to offer some sense of understanding.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:21 pm 

The priestess smiled faintly. "I admit I find this to be quite curious. How long did it take to develop this language? How long does it take to learn?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:26 am 

Sakia was befuddled by the manner of questioning, looking to Kaiya who seemed to be masking some level of displeasure. With only a breaths pause Kaiya took Sakia's attention through a few signals, movements with her hands that seemed to hold some meaning.

Sakia, though a little unsure, spoke the words, "Those questions do not have simple answers, Yogo Akarei-sama. Though it does remind Seppun Kaiya-sama of what time has already passed, surely there is something of which Yogo Akarei-sama is being kept from?"

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]