Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 

Post subject: A portal a day keeps the magistrate away [D2, LA]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:05 pm 

Hikari had made sure someone would've stayed behind at the office during all the hubbub in town, and had also made sure that person would've ensured that upon Hikari's return there'd be plenty of tea available for her and whatever guests managed to take her up on her invitation to chat about a certain matter. It did seem as if there'd be little to no time to deal with the matter before departure... but at the very least it'd allow her to get more insight into the matter, and determine if it might have an impact during the expedition.

Post subject: Re: A portal a day keeps the magistrate away [D2, LA]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:11 pm 

The first to arrive was the Mantis, Gusai Susumu. After being guides through the offices by one of the assistants he joined the Jade magistrate

"Seppun-sama" he said with a bow

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:20 pm 

"Ah, Gusai-san," she said; not having previously been properly introduced. "Seppun Hikari," she gave him a small bow, "thank you for agreeing to meet."

She gestured toward a seat and the tea that was waiting.

"I believe it's best if we waited for the others, so before then please avail yourself of the tea, if it pleases you."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:21 pm 

"Excuse me, minna-sama," called a voice from the office door. It proved to be Kitsu Keiji, the Lion captain. He bowed. "I believe I am expected?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:24 pm 

The Yogo arrived without much fanfare. She took her place next to her superior and remained silent for the time being.

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:42 pm 

Kitsu-san, Yogo-san, please have some tea."

After a suitable amount of time had passed, Hikari spoke again.

"So, as I've previously mentioned to some of you, I thought it a good thing to chat about the events that occured some time ago regarding what I believe to be a posession? And what appears to be a portal to one of the spirit realms. These are naturally matters of concern to the Jade office, especially as they appear to be ongoing. I've mostly been going off notes from my predecessor, so I am uncertain how accurate my knowledge is. Perhaps some of you might regale us with events as they appeared from your perspective?"

Last edited by Seppun Hikari on Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:59 pm 

Susumu looked at Keiji. From what he remembered he was there for the whole event.

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:01 pm 

Hikari turned to Keiji as the Mantis did. Apparently he was the man in the know.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:04 am 

Keiji glanced from one to the other as it became clear they expected him to speak. He began, sounding a little reluctant to tell the weird tale.

"There is a place off the shore of Dragon's Guard City ... an unnatural place, filled with sargasso, and peculiar things beneath the waters," Keiji related. "Despite my best efforts to chart the area, I was unable to put it on the map in any place that could make sense; following the charts did not lead to it, and when we found it, it seemed we were off the normal charts."

"Captain Edogawa led us there on two occasions, last year, aboard a small boat," he continued. "There we saw... unwholesome things. There were strange voices calling in foreign languages. I believe those waters were haunted; indeed, we may very well have sailed into the Realm of Ghosts. I confess, I cannot understand everything I saw or heard while we were out there. But I feel fortunate that we were able to return."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:38 pm 

"I see," she said, "this much I know already. What I lack are exact details of what occured inside that realm. I realize it has been some time and remembering might be difficult or unpleasant, but it may help."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:23 pm 

''The first danger was possessed sargasso'' the Mantis chimed in

''It held on to the boat and had teeth to devour on any one unfortunate enough to fall off the boat''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:08 pm 

Ah yes, Hikari totally knew what sargasso meant. Because she was smart and stuff. But that wasn't important, not as important as figuring out the nature of the phenomenon at least.

"Did it seem as if all of it acted as one?"

Lore: Seathingies (Sage), let's say TN20 (fluff roll): 5d10o10k4 31

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:15 pm 

He shrugged

''Probably, it moved with a single intent at least''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:21 pm 

"I see," Hikari leaned forward, and took hold of a cup of tea of her own before leaning back again. "And what came next? After the Sargasso?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:42 pm 

''A ghost possessed someone who came to greet us'' he continued

''The ghost was that of one of a dead sailor from the White Stag Battle and confused Edogawa-san for the Meraenese leader whom he played last year.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:22 pm 

"Played, last year?" She looked a bit confused at that. "Like in a play? I don't suppose one of you remembers the exact words said, if the language was familiar?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:08 pm 

''Yes, the reenacment of the play of the battle of the White Stag''

He looked away for a moment

''The spoke mereanese but seemed to confuse the actor for the historical character.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:53 pm 

"Interesting," she said, taking a sip of her tea. "And such confusion is not without precedent. I would assume that Miya-san shared some of the conversation with you through translation?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 pm 

"Captain Miya said that the ghost wanted to bargain with us," Keiji recalled. "To escape from the ningyo, though I do not understand what that means. But Miya-san also said that the ghost was telling him lies. While they talked, the ghost sent also some sort of killing mist that began to envelop us. It was no natural mist; it was cold as the grave."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:35 am 

"Ningyo eh? Guess they don't like ghosts hanging around their waters. So then, was a bargain struck?"

Lore: Spirit Realms (sage), TN?: 5d10o10k4 32

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ]