Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 

Post subject: Would you be impressed? (Day 2 Early Morning Murayasu Doo)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:26 pm 

Yasuhiro waa more then a little tired, with all the various tests of yesterday and his inability to get to sleep, he hadn't rested as well as he liked.

Still this wasn't the time to worry about that. As if he wanted to chat with his lady this was probably the best time. Entering the dojo he was sure to stop and pay the proper respects before moving further inside, his eyes open for the woman he knew would be here.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Would you be impressed? (Day 2 Early Morning Murayasu Do
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:34 am 

Meikuko was within the dojo, as Yasuhiro suspected. She was wearing a martially cut kimono and hakama with the sleeves tied up to leave her lower arms bared while her hands gripped a naginata. The blade glinted as she weaved the point back and forth, making deliberate cuts - short but powerful.

She looked up when she caught sight of the Matsu in her peripheral. She continued her current sequence to its finish then turned to face him with the bladed weapon lowered towards the ground. Offering a quick bow, she began.

"Matsu-san, konnichi wa."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:05 pm 

Yasuhiro paused to watch a few moments. She was far more skilled in the use of the najinata then he, and it showed in the way she handled the weapon, no wasted movements and never overextending. It was quite beautiful.

As she turned, he dipped into a deep bow. Nowhere near as quick as her own. "Good morning Akodo-dono." He offered respectfully. "I did not mean to disturb your practice Akodo-dono, but I was curious if you may have a few moments to talk."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:58 am 

Her eyes scanned him for an audible moment before the wood creaked beneath her. She walked over to the wall where she slipped the naginata into a rack for safe keeping before she turned back.

"I do indeed have a moment or two Matsu-san. What purpose would you put them to?" she asked.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:34 am 

"I had a few questions, if it would not be too presumptuous of me to ask them Akodo-dono." Was his own reply as Yasuhiro moved more fully into the room. Letting his eyes take in the more of the dojo, he hadn't really paid much attention to it the day before.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:18 am 

"I could not tell you if they were too presumptuous until I hear them," she answered with a faint smile, "but tell them to me anyway. You've earned at least that much."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:44 am 

Her smile was returned with one of his own, though it was hard to keep his nervousness out of it. "I have been told that on my return to Rokugan, we might be betrothed. Given that I can prove myself worthy of the honor and improve myself."

"I was curious if there was anything you wished me to devote some of my time to?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:11 pm 

"Learn what you can. How to fight them, for when we have to. How to befriend them, for if we have to," she said thoughtfully.

"Do you have a copy of Leadership? If you don't, I'll provide you with a copy. I'll be interested, too, in your thoughts on that. And finally, when you return and you continue to perform as you have, I expect you will be a man of note and interest to many. Return to me with your answer to Lady Matsu's question. 'If you were to wed me, you would be the husband of Akodo. If you were to wed any other, they would be a wife of Matsu.'"

She gave a faint smile as she posed her last request and her eyes glinted with study.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:56 pm 

Yasuhiro nodded to each point she made, he was already learning the how of fighting them, the befriending them part would be difficult though. He had never really considered that as a option before, though it might very well be one.

"I have a copy at my home, but I did not bring it with me. I wasn't certain how a book would fare on a long journey such as this." He admitted after a moment. "I'll be sure to think of the question you have set for me, along the way as well." Yasuhiro finished a soft frown on his features as he considered it. It was a difficult question to answer at the best of times.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:58 pm 

"I have a spare copy with me. I'll have it sent to you, as well as ink and pen if you require as well. I won't ask you to recreate all of your annotations, but I expect you to add any revelations or thoughts you have on the matter during your voyage," she said with a shrug, sidestepping any visible discomfort he had from the more difficult task.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:06 am 

"Writing supplies is something I have plenty of Akodo-dono." He replied with a bow of thanks at the offer. I"'ll be sure to keep thorough notes about anything I find relevant, as well as what maps I can make of the various places we visit.

He might need to find more paper somewhere along the way, but he would worry about all of that later.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:34 am 

"Was there anything else you wished to discuss?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:49 am 

There was a momentary pause. "There are a large number of explorers from a wide range of clans, some of which we Lion are not on the best of terms with."

"Are explorers you want me to keep a eye on if I'm able?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:24 am 

"It's always wise to study the children of Togashi, neh?" she said vaguely, "Their progenitor always had much to teach those who watched and listened."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:03 am 

"I'll keep that in mind, Akodo-dono." Yasuhiro mused thoughtfully. "I'm sure I can a lot by watching and listening more." Just don't stare at Akodo-dono's butt too much, boy. There was a small moment as Yasuhiro blinked, perhaps in shock.

"Thank you for sharing that wisdom with me Akodo-dono."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:45 am 

"Then may Akodo-no-kami guide you on your voyage," she said with another bow, though not as quick this time. She turned and reclaimed her naginata, once again returning it rest blade down.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:02 am 

He dipped into another bow, as he was dismissed, before turning to make his way from the dojo, pausing on the way out to pay his respects to the dojo once again before taking his leave.

/exit unless stopped.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:14 pm 

The Akodo waited until he had paid his respects to the dojo then returned to her drills that her skills might remain as sharp as the blade she bore.

/scene

Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]