Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: [D5 LA] Under one roof
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:06 am 

Colour hit her cheeks, and she looked away for a moment. "You'd poke at me in a different manner, then?" Baiting him, perhaps, but he set it up and she took it.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:21 am 

"Ah..." Kenzo looked at her quizzically a moment, before reddening himself just a little. "Why, Ran-san." He said, giving her a smirk. "I'm sure I don't know what you mean. A certain amount of poking is allowed between friends, no doubt. In a proper and socially acceptable manner, of course." His smirk became a grin, briefly.

Reaching out, he lifted the kettle, refilling her cup.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:03 am 

She looked back at the dragon as he filled her cup, and accepted it with a nod. "Thank you. And yes, of course. Completely, absolutely only socially acceptable poking at this table."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:10 am 

"Indeed. Quite." Kenzo's lips twisted.

He gave her a smile. "Well then, perhaps it's only fair that since you've been such a good sport about it, I should let you see my notes. Ah..." He clutched at his case a little protectively. "I trust you to use the utmost care and discretion, of course. If I hadn't seen you at work, I would be much more uncomfortable with the arrangement."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:15 am 

"I would never want to make you uncomfortable. I can take copies of your work under your supervision, if that makes things better?" She opened the satchel at her side, and retrieved new paper and charcoal. She set them on the table, and moved her bowl so there was room to write. "Absolutely at your discretion." She was kind and understanding. She had been crushed when she came to the realization her notes and letters were taken by the sea.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:21 am 

He gave her a grateful smile. "I thought you would understand. As a fellow student of nature." He inclined his head respectfully.

Carefully, he cleaned off a portion of the table. That done, he opened his satchel with equal care, sorting through it until he found what he wanted.

He set a piece of paper on the table. It was a fairly simple painting of the woodpecker they'd seen. It had clearly been done in some haste, with a live model, rather than from memory. Extra attention was given to the mechanics of its body. Notes were written on the side of the paper, referring to things like the length of the beak, the wingspan, and observed behaviors.

"Hopefully this will refresh your memory." Kenzo said. He waved to the server; clearly they'd need some more tea.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:56 pm 

She looked over his painting clinically. She traced the shape of the woodpecker with her eyes, noting every nuance.
When she was certain, she got to work. A flurry of shorthand notes began to come into existence.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:06 pm 

Kenzo watched, fascinated but quiet, not wanting to interrupt a fellow scientist's work. Instead, he helped himself to a last dumpling. When the fresh tea arrived, he waited long enough for it to steep properly, then focused on keeping Ran's cup full.

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3