Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:50 am

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [D5 LA] Under one roof
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:04 pm 

Kenzo gave Ran a look with raised eyebrows. "How intriguing, Ran-san." He murmured. He didn't press though.

He turned to Yasu, giving him an inquisitive look. "Really? You brought back samples? That's terrific, Matsu-sama. Those are good scientific instincts. Have you given them to anyone to study?"

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:00 am 

"I've met enough of you types that like to study I figured I might as well bring a few in. I'm no expert myself after all, and no reason to try and find the place again if it's not something of import." He reached into his kimono and pulled out a folded piece of parchment.

"They aren't in great condition. I really didn't have much to carry them at the time, and since I've stored them pressed in this parchment here." He offered as he pushed the paper across the table. The flovers inside were a bit damaged, but you could still see their general shape and color.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:07 pm 

She regarded the crushed little flower. Leave it to a Lion to be so hard on nature.
"Truly a beautiful find, Matsu-sama."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:23 pm 

"Hmmm." Kenzo frowned. Reaching out, he pulled the flower closer. "It's not in the best condition, true. Still, you did a fine job, considering your lack of training in the area, Matsu-sama."

He peered closely at it, trying to determine any notable features. "Hmmm..." He murmured again. "May I have this? A closer examination could be done in better circumstances. Not at a dumpling restaurant, for instance."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:16 pm 

"Feel free, I believe I can find them again if need be after all, though they were a bit of a hike into the forest." He really hadn't been worried about finding them at the time either, other things had a much higher priority.

Sitting back he selected another dumpling and ate it, they were fairly good all things considered. "I did think they resembled a medicinal herb I've seen before though."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:20 pm 

"Medicinal?" Carefully, Kenzo studied the parts of the plant most likely to be healing. The roots, the seeds, the petals. He turned the parchment so that Ran could look as well.

After some consideration, he nodded. "Yes, I believe you're right. It does have some characteristics that make me think that it could have medicinal properties. Quite a few, actually." Leaning over, he pointed them out to Ran. "Certainly warrants further experimentation."

---------------------------

What plant is this? Lore:Nature(earth): 8d10ro1o10k3 27
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Althaea_officinalis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:45 am 

"Well, if you're interested and I can find the time, I can always lead you to the area in which I found them." The Lion offered evenly. "Could be useful after all, especially since we don't have all that many skilled in the healing arts."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:20 pm 

"Perhaps so." Kenzo said. "Thank you for the offer, Matsu-sama."

His eyes flickered over to Ran, and then back to Yasu. "Should all three of us go, then?" He asked innocently. "An expedition brought together by sporadic sharing of tables? I've heard worse tales." He smiled, his eyes glinting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:39 am 

"I'm fine with whatever you two decide." The Lion offered in response, exploring with the pair wasn't something he was exactly looking forward to, but it was his duty, and it certain beat goign alone. "Just figure out a time that's good for the two of you."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:20 pm 

"I think that sounds fantastic, there is no other way I can imagine spending my time." Ran said flatly, and sipped from her tea, though she gave a kind glance to Kenzo-sama.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:51 pm 

Kenzo smiled. "Well, then! Perhaps in a few days we should see about it. Matsu-sama, you can lead us to these plants. Ran-san, you and I can collect them properly? It seems like a good match."

"I think we will make a good team." He said, taking a deep sip of his tea.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:10 pm 

Good was probably a bit of a stretch, perhaps adequate? Yasuhiro's eyes drifted from the Dragon to the Tortoise and back again. No that was probably a bit of a stretch as well. Just so long as they don't wander off for some 'hide the noodle' you should be fine, Boy. Was the only comment from his grandmother.

"Send word and I'll make what preparations I can Mirumoto-san. I should note it was a bit of a hike front the shore though, and the terrain can be rather rough."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:15 am 

She gave a tight lipped smile. "Travel is all I know, Matsu-sama. A bit of walking, once I am recovered," she nudged her walking stick tucked beside her, "-should be just fine. Better than fine, with the promise of exploration at hand."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:56 am 

"Oh, rough, is it? Very good." Kenzo said, smiling. "If you were to use Dragon lands as a comparison, would you say that it's more or less rough than that?"

The smile grew a bit more genuine as he turned it on Ran. "I quite agree. We should wait until your legs are fully healed, but then we should give them a proper workout."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:30 pm 

"I can't say I've spent enough time in Dragon lands to make the comparison Mirumoto-san. I would assume it's different though, I found them on the other side of a marshy area, after following the course of a river upstream."

I don't think he'd admitted it yet but he definitely wants to plow her fields. His grandmother offered her sage opinion. "So yes, waiting for all members to heal would be a fine idea."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:17 pm 

Her eyes widened slightly at Kenzo's choice of words. She stuffed a dumpling in her mouth and chewed thoughtfully. Then swallowed, ready to speak.

"I'm glad we're in agreement. I look forward to the exploration."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:35 pm 

Yasuhiro caught the look. and paused a moment, perhaps there was more to his grandmothers words then he had thought. Finishing his dumpling he glanced between the two of them. "I'll be expecting word in a few days then."

"For now though, I feel it's time to take my leave." He rose to his feet and offered the two a bow. "As I believe the two of you wish for some time to discuss some more private affairs."

"Thank you for your hospitality Mirumoto-san, Muhaki-san." He offered polietly before turning and makign his way towards the exit.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:44 pm 

Kenzo rose to bow to the Matsu, although his eyebrows flickered up curiously. "Very good, Matsu-sama. Thank you for joining us. In a few days, then." He watched as the Lion left.

Turning, he sat down once more, giving Ran a smirk. "Is that okay with you? I'll admit, I was playing a bit, there."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:52 pm 

"Til then, Matsu-sama," she watched the Lion sulk off, and exhaled warm air through her nostrils as they flared. She didn't like him. He looked at her like she was nothing. She wasn't ronin anymore. She was something now.

Back to Kenzo, and she softened. She picked up her cup, but paused. "Were you, Kenzo-sama?" she probed, an inquisitive smirk upon freckled features.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:58 pm 

"A little bit." Kenzo admitted. "Lion are a bit, well..." Smirking, he gestured after the departed Matsu. "Let us say, they have very particular standards, which only a few can meet." In fact, those standards seemed to be an exact fit for Lion, and no one else.

"So I perhaps poke at him a bit; nothing untoward." He shook his head. "But it's clear that you and he don't quite get along. And I don't intend to poke at you in the same manner, Ran-san." He inclined his head in half-apology.

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next