Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:16 am

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: [D5 LA] Under one roof
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:33 pm 

"Heavenly Dumplings Originating From Eight Corners of the World Gathered Together under One Roof..." Ran whispered the name to herself as she stepped inside. Were she to own a dumpling shop, that sounded precisely like something she'd name it. Overly specific, and a bit pretentious.

She found a table, set her walking stick beside her (and was glad to be off her feet) - and if the language was a barrier she pointed to a few different items on the menu. She was hungry, but she ordered more than she could possibly eat in hopes that she would be joined. She had the koku to pay, it had been stashed in her satchel, it had not been washed away. Unlike my notes... she thought painfully. She sat and tea was brought out while she waited for her dumpling tray to be prepared.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

Post subject: Re: [D5 LA] Under one roof
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:39 pm 

It had already been an absurdly long day, and it looked to be far from over. Still, it had also been very productive, and Kenzo's spirits were high. After all, he'd found a living arrangement that suited him rather well.

But one could not live on enthusiasm alone, as much as it sometimes seemed that Kenzo tried. And so he found his way back to the dumpling shop he'd eating at yesterday.

He quickly spotted Ran, his eyes widening as he recognized her new colors and mons. "Ran-san!" He called out, his cheer evident in his tone. He moved to join her, standing beside her table. "Or, should I say Muhaki-san?" He asked, bowing.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:45 pm 

Her expression brightened at the sight of the Dragon, whom she did consider a friend.

"Mirumoto-sama, ohayo, please sit! Join me, have some tea." she motioned that he choose anywhere at her table he would like to sit.
"I'm... very pleased to see you. I was worried about you." she admitted candidly, keeping her voice lowered then.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:51 pm 

"Thank you." Kenzo said, giving her a smile. "And please, I think I'd prefer just Kenzo-san." He slid easily into the seat across from her, moving without apparent hindrance.

"Worried? I'm touched." Indeed, his gaze dropped for a moment, his cheeks turning just the tiniest bit pink. "I'll admit, there was a great deal of worry to go around, with the storm and all. Luckily, my fellows and I on the Kunshu Maru came through, and I've actually been doing rather well, since."

His forehead creased just a little in concern. "And yourself?"

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:12 pm 

"Very well, Kenzo-san," she gave a brief smile, and offered to pour tea for him.

"I'm afraid I did not fare so well. I was.. washed overboard. I.. don't remember, actually, but I woke up with early morning sun in my eyes, on a beach, so one makes assumptions. I was battered up pretty badly," she motions to her walking stick tucked at her side, "-but my captain, Asahina-sama set my ankle. Unfortunately, my things are in the process of recovery... My notes..." she frowned a bit, forlorn. But then, it passed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:25 pm 

"Oh, my." Kenzo said, his frown deepening. Idly, he inclined his head in thanks for the tea. "If you remember Utsusemi-sama, she's rather skilled at medical treatment. I'm certain she'd be willing to take a look at your leg; she's been helping many people, after the storm." For a moment, his eyes went distant, his smile growing.

He glanced back at her, clearing his throat. "Sorry. Your notes?" His eyebrows went up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:31 pm 

"Washed away," she said flatly, trying to distance herself from the emotion of losing everything she had cultivated in Dragon's Guard city.

"Hai, I saw Agasha-sama this morning. I delivered to her a medicine kit, I heard about what she was doing, I thought... I thought she'd need help, but I have no skill. I do have koku, so I did what I thought was right." she inclined her head politely.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:38 pm 

"Oh." Kenzo's mouth opened, and then closed. "Oh. Damn." He said.

He was silent for a few moments, one hand rubbing thoughtfully at his chin. "Ran-san..." He began, slowly. "My notes are rather comprehensive, at least on my area of study. And I have my drawings." Another brief hesitation. "Would they be of any assistance to you in recreating your work?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:23 am 

Another was soon to join them, a Lion the two would probably recognize. Yasuhiro had spent much of the day zipping around the island, both in a effort to get to know it better and furnish his new home.

In doing so he had learned of a few rokugani establishments in the western port that might catch his interest. Stepping into the world of Dumplings he looked around, it smelled rokugani enough even if it didn't look it.

It was happy coincidence perhaps that had his eyes come upon the pair of explorers already there, but he hesitated in heading in that direction. He really hasn't gotten along well with either if them.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:45 am 

Spotting the Lion, Kenzo couldn't help but grin. "Oh, Matsu-sama. Congratulations. I see you've come up in the world since last we all spoke."

He gestured to one of the adjacent seats. "This certainly seems fortuitous, doesn't it? The three of us, meeting again. Please, Matsu-sama, won't you join us?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:36 pm 

The offer of knowledge was inescapable.

"I would be humbled and grateful at your kindness, Mirumoto-sama," Ran said, lowering her head in humility. "It is a devastating loss, but like the phoenix who is born anew from their own ashes, I will begin again."

She looked up, and then followed Kenzo's gaze.

The ugly Matsu.

"Matsu-sama! Ohayo! Please, please, sit with us."

A tray of dumplings was then brought out, enough for all of them. Ran poured a cup of tea for the Lion, and her stomach knotted. She was hungry. There was much variety of dumpling to choose from. Enough for all three of them, Ran was sure.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:17 pm 

The pair should just go ahead and get married, they certainly seemed to chatter like a wedded pair. Making his way over he offered a bow to first Kenzo then Ran. "Thank you for the invitation Mirumoto-san, Muhaki-san." He offered with a polite smile.

"I'm not the only one who has risen in the world though. Congratulations on your elevation from a wolf Muhaki-san." A minor clan wasn't much better but it was likely the most the unfortunate woman could hope for.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:26 pm 

Kenzo briefly beamed at Ran. "Very good! Perhaps sometime tomorrow. Ah, I'll be serving as Agasha Utsusemi-sama yojimbo. You can find her new lodgings in The Hillside."

He shifted a little as Yasu joined them. "What about the two of you? Have you managed to find lodgings here? Oh, try these ones. They're very good." Kenzo gestured at a few of the dumplings.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:18 pm 

Taking the seat, he waited for the woman to take her pick of dumplings before adding any to his plate. It was certainly his right to make the first selections, but they had been kind enough to invite him to the table, so he let the two make the first selections.

"I have." He offered with a nod, making a note of how both the Dragon were staying together. It seemed odd, perhaps he'd have to find a reason to come visit. They might be plotting something after all. "In the Plaza de Diversidad, over in the eastern port."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:22 pm 

She narrowed her eyes at the Lion, but forced a smile. It eased at Kenzo's addition.

"Yes, thank you." to the Matsu.
"Oh... Staying with her? That's very ...resourceful." Her head quirked in a tilt to one side. "I wasn't aware she required protection?"

"Arigato," she nodded, and chopsticks picked out a few pieces. She should take them all so the Lion had none, but that would be rude, and she would have a tummyache. "Itadakimasu."

She nodded. "I have found my stay at the Amigo Winehouse, with promise to do some work for Muhaki Kiara-sama while I am there."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:38 pm 

"Ah, very good." Kenzo acknowledged the Lion's answer with a nod. "I've only managed a brief trip to the East Port, although I expect to be there more often in the future."

He glanced back to Ran, giving her a solemn nod. "Agasha-sama is an important person, and the wife of my patron. And..." He frowned. "One of the locals told me to be careful. It seemed prudent." He flashed her a quick smile. "You be careful too. You're not quite so heavily armed as Matsu-sama and myself." He gestured at his compliment of swords and pistols.

After glancing back and forth between Ran and Yasu, Kenzo took a variety of dumplings, one of each.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:21 am 

The former Ronin was a drunk, there was no other explanation for her choice of lodgings. She would probably spend the majority of the time here drunk senseless. As the others made their selections, he waited for them to finish before taking a modest number onto his own plate.

She should just push that dragon down already, only way she will ever bed him. His grandmother mused. A ronin girl like her should be well used to swinging her hips. May get him addicted enough to want to marry her. "So I'll be the only one of us on the East port then? I wouldn't have expected that, you both seemed quite curious if gaijin lands after all."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:58 am 

"Mmm." Kenzo finished swallowing. "Well, speaking for myself, I do have some amount of interest in gaijin culture." He flicked a quick glance at Ran.

His expression brightened. "But mostly, I'm interested in the exploration of the natural parts of the island. Why, my first hour on the island, I found a new sort of plant, and a new bee! I didn't make any paintings, unfortunately." This last mostly said as an aside to Ran. "This was right after the storm; I was looking for survivors."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:47 am 

"I found a few things in my search as well, a type of flower i didn't quite recognize, I brought a few samples back with me though. I also found out the jungle is rather dangerous, and one should be careful of touching most of things there. Apparently there are a lot of snakes, hornets, and spiders that dwell inside. From what I heard the spiders are supposedly especially large and dangerous."

He paused a moment to eat one of the dumplings before he continued with his speech. "I also tried a type of nut. It was called a Coco, it was rather interesting. Oh, and you might be careful, apparently we can't hunt the wild pigs."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:22 pm 

"I am interested in the gaijin cultures- I want to learn all about them. But...! I plan to spend my time busy assisting with the erection of shrines to Sadahako and Fukurokujin, and then when I'm not doing that, then learning of the varying cultures here, and when I'm not doing that, exploring the island, and when I'm not doing that... well... that's personal."

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next