Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:51 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: East Bay Night (Day 8 Late Evening)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:06 pm 

It hadn't taken long for Yasuhiro to figure out his personality clashed with the majority of people on this expedition. It really hadn't bothered him though, he was quite used to a degree of solitude. The disconcerting thing was the absence of his grandmothers voice,so he set about working in a effort to ignore it.

Fletching was something he could get adsorbed in, and the shochu he was sipping certainly wasn't hurting matters. Sitting outside the shop he called home once again, he slowly made arrow after arrow, the level of the bottle dropping slowly as he worked.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: East Bay Night (Day 8 Late Evening)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:37 am 

The evening was brisk and warm, a perfect moment to enjoy a moment away from the hustle of the city, sit outside and think of nothing. It passed for some time before the waning moon came fully out.

"Oye, you fixing to go hunting tomorrow with all those arrows?" Tiago glances back at him with a soft chuckle. "May have better luck taking a harpoon out. Catch yourself a mackerel."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:06 am 

"No hunt pigs." The rokugani offered after a moment of trying to digest the mans words. "Is poaching, poaching bad. Need arrow for practice, also for hunt birds." He offered with a firm nod. "Harpoon good for hunting fish?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:13 pm 

"Si, si." He nods to the boy. "The harpoon takes some skill, though we use it more for the whales. It helps pierce their skin more when you throw it. Though, it can take a few if you can't hit it right."

He smiles and places himself down. "A good night to have a drink, Lion-san. Would you like some company, perhaps?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:44 pm 

"Where is right place to hit whale then?' He asked as he turned to fetch another cup and offer it in the man's direction. He hadn't really been expecting company, few had ever come to visit him, but he was prepared anyways.

"I do not mind. My skill with your tongue not good though."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:54 am 

He points directly to his stomach in response to your question. "Stomach to attach the rope nice and firm, then aim for the head." He points to his temples and shrugs, before accepting the glass.

"Your language skills don't concern. You'll understand what I'm saying, for the most part. I'll..probably have a good idea what you are as well."

"You're a hard worker, Yasuhiro, and I'm grateful for the extra arrows to have in stock." He takes the glass and sips it, immediately taken back by its potency. "And can also handle your liquor, it seems." He clears his throat, as if he was not prepared for that experience and laughs a little. "So...I'm curious, and you don't have to answer, but what brings you here? I'm sure you didn't travel all the way out here to make some arrows."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:10 pm 

He took a thoughtful Sip of his cup as he studied the man for a few moments, even going as far to pause in his work. "I think you do not want this answer." The Lion offered after a few moments.

"I am member of explorers, but not like other explorers. They are here to make friends, to share out culture with you. Though most don't bother to do the second. I am here to learn how to fight you, for the war that will come in time. Might be war with you people, might be war with Unicorn. Don't know who, just know it will happen." He finished, moments later returning to his work.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:43 pm 

He glances at him and sighs. "Well, I can't say I'm surprised. When on the hunt, you have to know what your prey wants." Taking another sip of the drink, and looks over. "I appreciate your honesty; there were always whispers on the matter, but it's at least good to expect what is coming." He looks over at him.

"Can't hate the soldier they throw into the matter, though. Not unless I'm sharing a drink with the high command of Rokugan army. Just have to hope my son isn't the one involved; a headstrong romantic. Always chasing things that will end up in trouble. I could see him going to war with you to impress a woman." A soft laugh leaves his lips.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:24 pm 

"Don't know when war might be, or with who." He offered after taking a sip of his drink. "Unicorn more likely, they conquerors." He offered with a nod. "They will want more, won't be satisfied with what they have. Where your people seem more satisfied with just money." He finished with a shrug.

He frowned slightly. "Bad idea to go to war for woman. Love gets in way of duty. Clouds one's judgement." The Lion took another slow sip of his drink. "Maybe you tell your son that? He should listen to father." That was finished with a firm nod.

Merenaese

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]