Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

Page 1 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: [D9 - EA] The Merchant Spider... (Open)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:13 pm 

Several days had passed. New winds, new days. The ambient and tension around the island was different than when they arrived several days ago. The gaijin have welcomed the rokugani and now suspicion about their presence here was quite low.

Hinami, was followed by Megumi. For some reason the young Seppun had grown accustomed to the ronin presence. At the beginning she didn't thought much about this ronin woman, but now she wasn't so sure. Things have changed, maybe Hinami was changing as well.

In any case, she was here to partake in the dishonorable 'art' of commerce. This was not something that Hinami liked, but she was running out of cash, and she did not had other options. She could not ask Hantei-denka, that would be insulting her liege's honor, implying that he was not taking good care of his subjects. Nor she could ask her father since, well, he was in Rokugan...

She was not totally clueless about commerce though. Hinami had, in the past, because of her job learned some sort insight about commerce in general but as it was expected she was no expert.

The Spider queen sighed.

'' Is there something wrong, Seppun hime-sama?'' Megumi respectfully asked.

'' No, it's nothing...'' She was still a bit confused since, -that- situation. She was happy about her nomination to superintendent for Kameyama Jima, that was something that she truly hoped for career. But now things were not so clear for her. What path should she continue to walk? This kind of questions appeared on her mind.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

Post subject: Re: [D9 - EA] The Merchant Spider... (Open)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:22 pm 

The Mantis had gotten busy.

Planning to open an inn was not a small matter but he had enough assets to make that possible. As he walked in the plaza he was surprised to find the Seppun princess walk there alone with her ronin companion.

Not the usual sight

He had some time on his hands so he decided to approach

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:35 pm 

There was a third Rokugani around the area as well, though it likely wasn't all that unusual. This was a area quite near his home after all.

Yasuhiro wandered through the streets after a brief meal and some more supplies for making arrows. He noticed the two of his countrymen, he didn't approach though. The nervous behavior of the Seppun had him a bit intrigued though

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:51 pm 

Hinami turned around and noticed that a mantis approached her. The captain of the Walrus. There was not surprise here, afterall, Mantises, Tortoises and Yasuki were a common sight around mercantile enviroments.

'' Gusai Susumu-san.'' Hinami bowed slightly to the captain. Megumi did the same behind her, lower. '' What a strange coincidence...'' It was not '' ...to find you in such a place. I hope that you have received Inari's-no-kami blessings today.'' She said politely.

Last edited by Seppun Hinami on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:59 pm 

And a fourth one, because why not. Sanjuro was wheelbarrowing steelwares from Gutierrez's workshop.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:54 am 

The Mantis gave a respectful bow a light smirk

''I have indeed been blessed Seppun Hinami-sama, I do hope you have as well.'' he looked around and then back at her

''It is indeed a strange coincidence for I would not have thought you would enjoy this kind of place. Are you looking for something particuliar? I might be able to help''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:17 am 

'' Yes, I have been blessed, thanks for asking. '' The young Seppun princes said. Then she replied to his question. '' Not in particular. But as the new superintendent for this island it is my duty to understand how this, hmm, 'society' works...'' a polite way to say merchants. Also a lie. She looked around inspecting the surroundings. She noticed that Yasuhiro was close and there were other Rokugani lurking around. Maybe it was not a very good idea to be here after all.

'' But you could, indeed, help me with today's job, Gusai-san...'' Hinami inspected the captain of the Walrus. '' You see, during my time working for the bureaucracy around the Scorpion clan lands I met with several captains from your clan, it would seem that the River of Gold is frequently visited by members of your clan...'' She was refering to the mercantile interest of the Mantis clan along the river.

'' Perhaps you could council me about such matters...'' She was trying to not use any reference about money or mercantile endeavours.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:59 am 

Susumu looked at Hinami curiously ''The Mantis does have several dealings with the Scorpion clan...we are allies after all''

Put a hand behind his back

''You wish to inquire about the trade agreements we have? I am unsure if I can answer you as I was not involved in them''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:13 am 

'' No, no. I was referring to...'' Please don't make me say that word. '' ...I was thinking that you could advise me about, hmmm, exchanges. But perhaps you don't know about such matters, so...'' Hinami now was annoyed with this situation. Perhaps she should return to home, empty handed.

But then she remembered something. '' Muhaki Aiteru-san, my most honorable host, told me that these gaijin were quite interested in things from our Empire...'' Maybe he could now understand what she was referring to.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:21 am 

A sly grin began appearing on Susumu's face, who began understanding the situation

''You wish to purchase or sell something then? Participate in commerce?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:33 am 

Damn you. Next time you should yell and let everyone find out. Brutish Mantis. Hinami was shocked by the honesty and familiarity the Mantis was using here. She tried to keep this conversation polite but perhaps she misjudged the Mantis. She thought that he would be a bit more subtle.

'' No...'' She said dryly. She took out her -new- fan and opened it. Now she was really pissed. '' I apologize for bothering you Gusai-san. May the Seven bless your path. '' She bowed slightly.

Then she turned around and prepared to leave. '' Come on Megumi-san, let's return home...'' The ronin also bowed to the Mantis.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:48 am 

''That is too bad'' he said shaking his head ''Being here for my own business I could have handled that for you, sparing you the indignity. I know how proper samurai dislike commercial activities after all''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:58 am 

'' ...that for you, sparing you the indignity, -Seppun-sama-...'' She turned around and repeated his own words, correcting his lack of etiquette.

'' Know your place.'' Her voice was clearly not so friendly. She was showing her higher status here to the mantis. She was not his friend, she was the daughter of the Seppun daimyo and an Imperial kuge.

She waited for the Mantis reply.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:02 am 

Susumu tried not to be too amused by this. Still he could not hide the glimmer in his eyes

''Of course, Seppun-sama'' he replied with a proper bow

Last edited by Gusai Susumu on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:07 am 

The lion watched the exchange for a brief moment, but didn't seem to interested. The mantis was likely causing another argument with a Imperial. A fact that was not all that surprising.

The Dragon samurai recieved a brief bow of acknowledgement, but the Lion didn't move to approach. In all likelihood they'd have little to discuss after all.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:54 am 

'' Good. You should treat everyone with utmost respect, Gusai-san. Even your enemies. Remember that. '' She was satisfied with the proper apologies but she also tried to make him remember that he was a samurai. She imagined that because of his Mantis background he surely was corrupted by heimin activities but this was a great oportunity for him. Ironic, since Hinami was known to treat her inferiors without proper respect, but she was a kuge. Ç'est la vie.

'' Now that we are having a -proper- conversation, will you help me or not, Gusai-san? I do not wish to waste your time. '' She asked. Nor waste mine...she thought.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:00 am 

The Mantis smiled wide

''Of course Seppun-sama, what is it you wish?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:12 am 

'' ... ''

By Hida's balls! Either this man is just playing games with me or he is really stupid. She thought.

'' I thought that we just -recently discussed- about what I needed, Gusai-san...'' She observed him, her fan covering her lips. If this fails, then she will give up. She was not very fond of the idea of indulging in mercantile activities in the first place, and her patience was not infinite.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:22 am 

He raised an eyebrow

This was amusing but I begin to think this one is more then a little dense

''Yes...but I require more specifics to properly help you, Seppun-sama''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:29 am 

'' I was told that these gaijin are interested in tea coming from Rokugan, is that true, Gusai-san? also I heard that they like our clothing...'' I don't blame them, our fashion is clearly superior.

D13 Theme

Page 1 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next