Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm

Page 3 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: [D9 - EA] The Merchant Spider... (Open)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:52 pm 

'' If I tomorrow appear at the ball wearing gaijin clothes, will you consider me corrupted by their influence, Matsu-san?'' She asked. '' What is the difference between you understanding their tactics and weaponry, and I doing the same in my own way? Should I brand you as a corrupt man if I see you wielding a musketu or firing a kannonu? '' There was no malice behind her tone nor her questions.

'' While I do understand your point, you must also understand that the courts are the same as a battlefield. That's is the cyclical relation between Winter and Summer. I'm not an expert and forgive me if I quote wrong but was not Akodo-no-kami the one that preached for flexibility in the field of battle? I suppose that a general that always do the same tactics is inviting his enemies to destroy him.''

'' What I'm trying to say here, Matsu-san, is that we must learn an adapt to this new world. If what you say about these Unicorns it's true then we must increase our efforts to know their strengths and weaknesses, in the field and out of it. But we must also protect our heritage and defend our traditions, so that the -spirit- of our culture continues to shine brightly. Cull out those that are weak-willed or that are corrupted to the core and replace them with true loyal servants of the Son of Heavens.''

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:38 pm 

"If you arrive at the ball tomorrow wearing gaijin clothes, hiding who you are behind a mask, and wielding a gaijin blade." His eyes drifted meaningfully to the fan she held. "I can't honestly say what I might think. I would have to see it with my own eyes, and then give my own impressions on it." He offered humbly.

"You do make some fine points though. No army has killed more men then ignorance after all." He paused a few moments, perhaps to collect his own thoughts. "I do understand we must adapt, and I plan to do just that. I just worry of adapting too much. I may wield a gaijin musket, or command a cannon, but my swords will always be at my side, my armor and clothing shall always be of rokugani design. It's the balance I will hold for the rest of my life."

"As for seeking out corruption, I will do what i can. Though at the moment I am more inclined to take more drastic measures. I will keep your words in mind though s I move forward."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:00 pm 

'' Very well then, Matsu-san. I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts about me after tomorrow. But let me remind you something first. I'm sure you are familiar with this Scorpion saying 'We all wear masks' ...'' She was not particulary amused by using a Scorpion clan reference, but it was very appropiate for this moment.

'' Adaptation is always there Matsu-san. I'm sure if someone from the era of the Shining Prince, may his soul shine eternally in Tengoku, would see my or your clothes right now, they will be shocked and horrified. Times changes us all. I'm not advocating for us to completely discard our culture, on the contrary my point is that we must always find balance between our past, present and future.'' She said. '' Drastic measures to protect our heritage is always a honorable action, but if said actions cause your death in a futile and bad planned attempt you are not aiding your lord, and frankly, you will disrespect your ancestor's memories.'' She was kind of worried about the Matsu's last words.

'' That's what I wanted to share with you, Matsu-san. Forgive me if I bored you''

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:37 pm 

"I am." He offered softly. "In that simple sentence the Scorpion accuse us all of breaking a tenet of Bushido. I am not fond of it." He dipped into a small bow. "Not that I intend to insult your choice of words Seppun-sama, I merely wished for you to understand what I felt about the matter."

Her following words though were more then a little disappointing. Adapting, balance, advocating, they were all fancy words. One's he found on the lips of most that intended to leave their traditions behind, to hear them from a Imperial princess was more then a little disappointing. Though he had come to expect as much from members of the explorers. "These are things I know well enough Seppun-sama, which is why I have stood idle, letting the courtiers try and handle these affairs, to protect our heritage. Each day for the last two weeks though I have seen our morals eroded, and the acceptance of gaijin morals strengthen."

"Very few attempt to combat that continued flow." Yasuhro finished softly. "I do not intend to take any drastic measure Seppun-sama, but I have been left with little choice in these matters. I will move to try and protect our traditions in the ways that I can, the ways that I know. I have no intention to throw away my life though, so you need not concern yourself with that."

He dipped into a bow again. "You have not bored me Seppun-sama, and thank you for taking your time to speak with me."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:08 am 

Hinami sighed. She was a bit disappointed by the Matsu's inflexibility and short sightedness but, it was no surprise. She wondered what would Akodo Meikuko-sama think about this situation.

'' Good. I sincerely hope that you succeed in what you have planned. The wisdom of the Lion clan will be necessary for the times that might come.'' She closed her fan.

'' May the Light of Amaterasu-no-kami continue to illuminate your path, Matsu Yasuhiro-san.'' She bowed to the Lion.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:19 am 

The disappointment was mutual, though he didn't let it show, other then a faint frown. He had tried to emphasize that he didn't mind progress in moderation, it seemed he failed though.

"Good luck with your own plans Seppun-sama." He offered as he returned the bow. "I'm sure your superior understanding of this subject will prove fruitful."

"Do have a good day though, may the fortunes watch over you Seppun-sama."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:32 am 

Sanjuro downed his second cool, watered wine and grabbed the handles of his wheelbarrow to continue to the port proper. The cleats inside were rattling on each cobblestone.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:49 pm 

"Running errands for the Gaijin?" Yasuhiro asked the Dragon as he rumbled past; the Lion had returned to where he was shopping after speaking to the Imperial woman, and his mood was not the best. He was rather curious about which gaijin the Seppun had exchanged fans with. Though thinking about it, it could be a tortoise.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:02 pm 

"Got a problem, Lion? I do what I deem fit, and it's none of your ____ business." Sanjuro spat back without stopping. "Unless you ask out of genuine will to help, but I wouldn't bet on that."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:51 am 

That brought a slight smile to the Lions lips. "No problem at all, I merely thought I spotted another Rokugani in the crowds, so I was curious as to what he was up to."

"It seems I was wrong though." He offered a slight bow, perhaps insultingly so.. "Apologies for disturbing you Senor."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:31 am 

Susumu came back around that time, somewhat shocked by the scene

"Is there a problem here?"

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:36 am 

"Feeling better now? Usually taking a laxative brings about this effect quicker. Don't stay too long on the sun." Sanjuro nodded back curtly and began to walk away. He had only a frown for the Lion and the Mantis who felt like intervening.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:27 am 

The Lion turned towards the Mantis and offered a bow. "Not at all, I merely mistook that man for a Samurai." He offered with a polite smile, as he gestured towards the departing gaijin. "Though with every words he proves he knows nothing of bushido. So obviously I was mistaken."

"Thank you for your concern though Gusai-sama."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:52 am 

Sanjuro left.

/exit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:03 pm 

''Are you the custodian of who and who is not a samurai, Matsu-san?'' he said as Sanjuro left

''And is your command of the tenets of Bushido so absolute that you can judge others?''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

Page 3 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3