Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

Page 2 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [D9 - EA] The Merchant Spider... (Open)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:32 am 

''Both of these are true, Seppun-sama. Truth be told everything can be sold if the right buyer is found''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:39 am 

Hinami sighed.

'' I see.'' She gave up. She was expecting that the Mantis would not use such rude heimin terms like 'sold' or 'buyer' with her but this was a lost cause, apparently. Well they were a minor clan with an awful reputation so, no surprises there...

'' Well, at least that information was not false...'' She did not know how to convey the rest of her idea without using heimin terms. So she observed the mantis behind her fan.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:53 am 

Susumu was not getting annoyed with this princess, she sit too high on her own pedestal

''No, it was not...'' he wondered if there was any word he could use freely...but he got an idea ''So you wish to grace these people with tea and some piece of clothing and, seeing that they have nothing fitting to give a princess of your stature as an offering for your generosity, you will magnamously accept their meager coinage as to not offend their gaijin sensibilities''

he briefly glanced at the ronin aid

Poor, poor soul. May the fortunes take pity on you

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:11 am 

Finally they began to understand each other. Maybe he was not a lost cause after all. '' Not that I wish, Gusai-san.'' She shaked her head. '' But as a member of the Imperial Explorers it is my duty to share and expand our culture to these poor barbaric peoples so they can understand our superiority and refinement.'' She nods.

'' As you said. These savages don't have anything that I do not already possess. But it wouldn't be correct nor polite to not accept something in return, after all they should be given a chance to show their own gratitude for the favour and enlightenment we are sharing with them.'' She was satisfied with this.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:16 pm 

By the Kami, how will she survive here?

''Wery well then, Seppun-sama. Might I ask which vessel of rokugani culture you wish to bestown upon these people and, dare I say, what number of their coinage would sastify you as a show of proper deference towards the blessing they are receiving from you?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:23 pm 

'' Hmmm, I do not know much about such things, so i will trust in your own expertise, Gusai-san. But I do believe that bestowing some of our tea to these gaijin could be a wonderful oportunity for them. '' She said. '' I also plan to give them some of our clothes. I do believe that they could look far less ...hmm... well you know what i mean.''

[OOC]

Hinami does not currently have the tea in her possession. It is in her abode. But it cost 2 Koku. Also she is willing to 'sell' some of her clothes.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:39 pm 

''Of course Seppun-sama. Your aid can deliver these gifts to my residence and I will see to it that they are properly received by those who would appreciate them the most.''

He smiled to the princess. In truth he might be tempted to buy these things for himself since it might allow her to reclaim them afterwards...and if she did not then he would have a few things he could offer as gifts.

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:00 pm 

'' Excellent. Then I will arrange for Megumi to deliver you the items, Gusai-san. The details can be discussed later, perhaps during the evening. I currently live at Jitaku no Kyomei . Of course, if you have more pressing matters to attend, i will not be insulted if you could not come.'' She said politely.

'' Megumi-san, you heard me. Please, see that Gusai-san receive the items safely.'' She said to her aide.

'' Hai, Seppun-sama'' The ronin woman replied.

[OOC]

Susumu will recieve these items:

• Furisode (2 Koku)
  • Kimono (3 Bu)
  • Sturdy Wooden Chest (2 Koku)
  • Rare Tea Blend; Ten Thousand Temples Blend (2 Koku)

Hinami expect that she recieves more koku than the base price.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:15 pm 

''I am certainly quite busy at the moment but I will deliver the gaijin's reverantial offerings as soon as possible, Seppun-sama''

----
OOC: The aide will be handed 8 kokus for Hinami upon delivery

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:27 pm 

The Dragon bowed back to the Lion but otherwise minded his business. Which was to deliver the wares to the outlet. He was gimping a little.

The scene the Mantis and the Imperial made was not his business either so he gave them both just a passing regard. However, he stopped by a stall serving cool tinto de verano.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:44 pm 

Hinami nods to the Mantis. '' Just remember Gusai-san, service to the Imperial families is always remembered. May the Shining Light of Amaterasu-no-kami continue to iluminate your path.'' She bowed to the Mantis.

Megumi bowed to the Mantis, she went to Jitaku no Kyomei to acquire the items. Meanwhile Hinami was now alone, she look around, probably she will now use her time to explore.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:41 pm 

A dragon he didn't know, and a Seppun who seemed to have strange motives for coming here. Honestly he didn't particularly wish to speak to either of them. But then he didn't really wish to speak to most of his fellow explorers of late. The recent activities of a majority of them disgusted him.

After a few moments consideration though he made his way over to the Seppun and offered her a bow. "Good afternoon, Seppun-sama."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:04 pm 

Hinami was not surprised by the Lion approaching her, but his disturbing aura was, as always, a bit unsettling.

'' Matsu Yasuhiro-san.'' Hinami bowed to the Lion. She was now in a good mood. '' It is always a relief to meet a proper fellow samurai among these...'' It would be unlady like to finish that phrase. '' I hope that Inari-no-kami has blessed you today.''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:55 am 

He had a few words that could finish the Seppun's sentence, but he did not voice them. That would be rude. "I have, earlier this day. I hope you can say the same?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:25 am 

'' I have, thanks for asking. '' She said behind her -new- fan. '' Do you mind if you accompany a young woman for a walk?'' She invited the lion for a walk. Odd question coming from Hinami.

'' After all, these gaijin neighborhoods can be dangerous for a young lady...'' She remembered when Hikari was robbed by a street urchin.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:26 am 

The new fan caught his eye for a moment, and his lips twitched, forming a frown for the briefest of moments. It's make was decidedly not rokugani. "It would be my honor, Seppun-sama." He offered dipping his head in thanks.

"You are right after all, while these streets are safer then most, you simply can't be too careful. These gaijin are natural sinners after all. Each of them inclined to it to such a degree, that their goddess needs spend her days in eternal suffering to grant them access to the heavans."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:45 am 

'' Indeed. You couldn't have said better, Matsu-san. '' Hinami nods with every word that came from Yasuhiro. '' I actually have not dedicated my time to investigate what type of deities these gaijin worship...'' She shrugs. '' I mean, I can barely pronounce their names or understand what they are saying with their barbaric languages.''

She looks around as she walked. Observing the surroundings and sometimes some gaijin picked up her attention.

'' First let me give you my thanks for standing in favour of me and my sister some days ago.'' She was refering to his intervention against Zabieru. '' I never had the opportunity to properly give you my thanks. Arigato. '' She bowed low. '' That being said, I wanted to ask you Matsu-san, what are your thoughts about our recent situation?...'' She asked, her tone neutral.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:10 am 

"I've spent a little time in the study of them, though I intend to spend more. If you can understand someones religion it can give you a bit of insight into how they might move." His lips twitched into a slight smile. "I admit to having a similar problem myself, even though I have some experience with their language."

He hadn't done it for them, well not fully at least. Still he dipped into a low bow as well. "You need not thank me Seppun-sama, I merely did what I thought was correct. It's to my shame I was unable to accomplish more." As the conversation shifted once again he fell silent for a moment.

"I believe we are in a precarious situation Seppun-sama. It's not hard to see that every clan that comes into contact with these gaijin are changed, perhaps irrevocably so. Take the tortoise for example, there are a few of them I imagine that still uphold traditional Rokugani values I'm sure. But then you have men like Muhaki Zabieru, who is willing to make a liar of himself in front of his lord. Muhaki Berena is another example, though in a different way. While on the surface she gives indication that she follows our ways, she worships the gaijin Goddess Karushisu. I've found it's rather difficult to tell between who is a tortoise, and who is actually a gaijin, and that's not even touching on the topic of the Unicorn, who were indeed once the Ki'rin."

"I'm rambling though. What I'm trying to say, is that in my believe; if we continue on the path we are following, as I see most of the members of the Imperial explorers doing. Accepting the gaijin culture without putting emphasis on our own. That in a handful of generations we will no longer be able to be recognized as Rokugan. The Gaijin influence will corrupt us all."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:44 am 

'' You give to much credit to the Tortoise, Matsu-san. '' She actually giggled behind her totally not-gaijin fan. '' They are what they are, they do what they do. While their importance has indeed grown in these last years, do they pose a threat to our Empire, eh?...'' She was refering to their minor status. '' If for some reason they are colluding with gaijin to endanger our shores or if they have betrayed their position, it would only take one word and the Divine Emperor will revoke their rights...'' And then you could kill them all ''...but you are right, not all Tortoises are as you described, Muhaki Aiteru-san is a man that values our traditions and culture, I can vouch for him, since I have been staying in his home.''

A small pause to observe the surroundings.

'' I do not know anything about Muhaki Berena, and frankly I'm no shugenja to say if this faith she follows is heretical or not. I will leave those debates to the priests. But you are right about that pitiful 'being' also known as Muhaki Zabieru. But like my sister said to me once, men like him always overstep. He is a liar and false. Hantei-no-kimi has already noticed how this man acts, so I would not be so worried about him.'' She adds.

Then she was not so pleased about the comment that Yasuhiro made about the Unicorns.

'' They are not the noble sons and daughters of Shinjo-no-kami, Matsu-san.'' She said dryly. '' Only the Son of Heavens can say if they are indeed what they say they are or if they are liars. Until he shares his divine judgment with us, they are gaijin. No more, no less. '' She corrected the Lion.

'' But, I truly believe in what you said, Matsu-san. While there's no going back from opening our borders, since that is the wish of the Son of Heavens and only he knows what it is best for us, we must ensure that our ancestors are properly respected and honored. Our traditions and culture are sacred and what I believe is that we must show our superiority to these gaijin so they awe and fear the power of the Divine Emperor and the Heavens.'' She said.

'' You said to me once that you wanted to study gaijin technology and weaponry, remember? What do you think now that you have, probably, seen their soldiers more closely?'' She asked.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:56 am 

She had misunderstood him, that much was clear. "I was using the turtle as a Example Seppun-sama, the clan itself holds little threat, but it is a example of the corruptive influence of gaijin culture on Samurai. At least in my mind." He offered in reply.

"I can see it affecting other members on the explorers already as well. Speaking almost solely in gaijin tongues, wearing gaijin clothes." His lips curled into a smirk. "I imagine tomorrow will showcase this even more, when the various samurai of the explorers go to the ball. I imagine the majority will be clothed in gaijin fashions, wearing masks to hide the truth of who they are. Thinking it's not because they like such things, that it's just a way to showcase out friendly nature. Our acceptance of their ways. when in truth it might be because they are losing sight of ours."

The later questions elicited a pause from the Lion ans he pitched his voice so as not to carry before he answered. "That they are conquerors, as least as far as the Unicorn are concerned. That they pose a threat to our nation and while in the end we will prove victorious, that a better understanding of their weapons and tactics will prove advantageous in the future."

Merenaese

Page 2 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next