Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Post subject: Avenue B (Day 5 LAte Evening)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:22 am 

The place was done, well as done as he had been able to make it. It had taken some time and some cleaning but it was livable at the very least. The small apartment consisted of a pair of rooms, and a living area complete with kitchen. The decorations were simple clean, small ikebana arrangements, collections of sea shells, and a few pieces of calligraphy.

He'd sent out word that he had found a home, and there had been whispers among the rest of the crew that they should have a meeting. His own place seemed as good as any, having recently put the finishing touches on his letter to yajinden, he began preparations to receive guests. Yea was on, and a small selection of food was available. It was simple, mostly a selection of what he had found that that. Crab, coconuts, and a few other bits and pieces. The cooking wasn't great but it was something.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Avenue B (Day 5 LAte Evening)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:18 pm 

Wataru reached the direction that was sent to him. He was unsure if it was the place, but the ikebana decorations made it look like it was the proper place for a samurai to live. The smell of homemade cooking reached the Gusai, and he wandered to the door.

"Matsu Yasuhiro-sama!?" He called out.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:57 pm 

"Ah, Come in Gusai-san." Yasuhiro called in return, none of the others had arrived, and honestly he didn't think they would. Most were likely busy after all. This day had been rather hectic after all, well at least for the young Lion..

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:54 am 

Wataru looked around him, the place was pretty decent, much more than his own place, but his was in one of the harsh areas of the city, and so little was expected from there.

"I am honored, Yasuhiro-sama." He entered with a bow to his host, "You have a beautiful home here, sama. I see you have made this day a worthy one."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:34 am 

"It will serve it's purpose for the length of our stay, though I thank you for yours words. I did spend quite a bit of time on it." He gestured towards the small table, so the other man could take a seat before going to fetch the pot of tea. "I trust you have been able to secure a place of similar comfort?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:02 am 

"Well...." the samurai seemed a bit hesitant as he replied, looking at everything in the place, "my new place is a bit... humble, and needs some work, which I will gladly do on my own. I've already built some panels to make it more of Rokugan style, and to be able to manage the space distribution. The neighborhood is poor, but it's near the Shrine of Agasha Kasuga, and near the southern beaches." The samurai placed himself on one end of the table, ready to savior the tea of the Matsu, which in his mind, as a courtier, sounded strange, tea from a Matsu? Though his face did not show.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:37 am 

It was a black tea, Yasuhiro had been unable to find little else in his journey through the various shopping districts, though admittedly he hadn't looked long. Pouring a cup for himself and the former ronin he sat the pot on the table.

"You are the Commander on the Teppodakka Gusai-san, even if you were recently a ronin..." The Lion murmured as he picked up his cup. "You are aware you might well be required to entertain men and women of importance correct?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:31 am 

The strong aroma of the tea raised up to the Mantis as he held the cup near his mouth and listened. The words of Yasuhiro worried the samurai, he was Commander, and he would have to entertain people from time to time, he had no problem with that, he was a trained courtier, but he was worried that his men still did not feel comfortable with someone of his nature being their commander. He had proven to be the most worthy one in skills, but they were used to having someone of considered class to be their leader, not some low guy who was a ronin that long ago.

The samurai's worry was obvious in his lost gaze into the tea.

"I am a trained courtier, Matsu Yasuhiro-sama, I have not forgotten the ways of treating people according to their status. I might have some trouble with the language though, and I hope it doesn't cause problems, sending the wrong message."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:11 am 

"That's completely dependent on who you are speaking with I imagine. Though It would probably be wise for both of us to spend more time learning the language." He was rather lacking in that department as well. "Perhaps that's something that can be arranged though?"

"I'm sure there are others among the explorers that have more skill then either of us."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:56 am 

"I've been practicing, and I think I'm getting the hang of the language, but it's true that maybe some sort of linguistic aide could be of use, some of our samurai who can tutor." The samurai took a sip of the tea, he still had no taste for the coffee that the people of the island had a liking for. It was too bitter on his tongue, and made him shiver. Tea was much better, soothing and always had an organic, natural, backtaste that reminded him of home. "How have you found the island till now? The locals attitude seem to be changing slowly."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:22 am 

"It's not the local's attitudes I worry about Gusai-san." The Lion replied with a half smile. "They will do what they will, and honestly I prefer it when they are wary of us. It keeps things simpler, at least in my opinion."

"It's the other members of the Imperial Explorers that are my main concern. I believe some might be adapting to this land a little too quickly."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:30 am 

"You think so!" Was the surprised reply of the Gusai as he jumped in his place. He had not thought about that, about how they could ease into the uncivilized people of the region, turning into drunken sailors. "I would had thought that the pride of Rokugan would keep them from falling into the easy life of the island. But I would have to take action then, have them do training and things of the sort."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:00 pm 

"You have a lot of exhausted men and women that went through a rather dangerous voyage Gusai-san. Many were sick by the end of us, others injured. A island where you are even wearily welcomed can seem like a blessing. I hope those of us from rokugan would remember who we are... Thee are no guarantees though. I wouldn't be surprised to find a few wearing gaijin clothes in the near future."

There was a small pause as he sipped his tea. "Some drills of the unit's might be a wise idea, you can keep a eye on them and their morale that way. It will also be a chance to get them more used to following your orders."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:15 am 

It took the expert eye of a Lion to see all that the courtier had missed out on. Wataru was used to the court, not to being in an army, he had been a Phoenix, of the most peaceful clans ever, and after that a ronin, and now a Mantis, non of which had much of a sense of a real army, not at least as the Lion knew.

"You have brought enlightenment to my mind, Yasuhiro-sama, I thank you." The head of the Gusai bowed in recognition. "You have given me much to think about tonight. I shall be a better Commander, I should speak and bring comfort to my men, as well as remind them of where we come from, try to inspire them. I was a courtier, so I can speak in this way to them, even though my understanding of battle is limited. Would you please aide me? What do you think I should tell them? more or less..."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:28 am 

"That all depends on what you want from them honestly." Yasu replied as he took a sip from his cup of tea. "Though as I understand it they still don't know you too well. I'd say try to lead by example for a while. Schedule drills, be the first to arrive, show them you are devoted to the position. Practice your sword skills and gun skills, but on your own time. Do not hesitate to punish them, for tardiness, lack of discipline, whatever you think necessary."

"Don't lack in compassion either though. As for what to say? Not much. Speeches and the like can wait for the moment."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:39 am 

"That I understand, Yasuhiro-sama, and is why I have practiced the firearm art since I was placed in this position. I have become much more adept at it as the days went by, thanks to my understanding of the science of the weapon. It requires a less physical preparation, and more of a mental recognition, which is best for someone like me." The samurai raised his weak arms to the Lion, as he smiled with his brows closed over his eyes. "I shall start the drills once I have the space to do so, I was thinking of asking the local governors for a space to do so."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:04 am 

Yasuhiro nodded. "Remember to make the various captains of the ship's aware about your intentions. The troops are stationed on them after all, you wouldn't want ship maneuvers to get in the way of the drills."

"Getting permission from the governor is also wise, no need to upset the locals after all."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:49 am 

"For now I shall keep the drills and training on land. I wouldn't want to look like we are trying to attack the island. I was thinking of using the long beach down at the south, it seems like a good place to start. It's a wide space where they can train without causing trouble."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:33 pm 

"That would likely be a good place to train, there is a marsh not far from there you might look into as well. It could prove a interesting place to train in the future as well. Though there is some risk of the wildlife cresting some problems."

He took a sip of his tea. "You likely want to look into those before you commit."

Merenaese

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]