Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Shining Light on the Sea (D7, EN)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:09 pm 

Bellena walked through the street in her Burning Sands garb after she had been sent a note to meet with Saionji atop the Torre Oriental. She entered quietly and walked up the steps to the top of the tower...

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

Post subject: Re: Shining Light on the Sea (D7, EN)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:12 pm 

He was waiting there, sitting on stone floor at the very top, above the lighthouse chamber, watching the scantily illuminated darkness in the east.

Actually, judging by a small snore, he dozed off.

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:15 pm 

She smiled and pulled up beside him and wrapped her arm around him gently. She scratched his back softly and kissed him on his neck. "I see you were so excited for me to come mi amor... You must've dozed off in anticipation." She chuckled and leaned her head on his shoulder.

Last edited by Muhaki Berena on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:19 pm 

"Mmmm..."

He responded to the touch first, leaning in with a nuzzle and a small smile. It was the voice that awakened him.

"Wha...? Ah, Bella. I'm sorry. I've been here for a while, and... well."

He kissed her cheek, but then scoffed at himself and kissed her properly, on the lips and with affection.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:21 pm 

She simply smiled and shook her head tenderly deflecting any embarrassment he may have felt, after all she was just teasing. She returned the kiss and then smiled warmly, looking into his eyes. "And why do you find yourself in the lighthouse at this hour mi amor?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:28 pm 

"I sought a solitary spot to think. After the day in the streets of the Hoof and the Hope in a concealing burnoose I needed a place which could be both lonesome and spacious." He sighed. "But thinking is better with you around. Being alone is also better with you around. Probably most things are like that."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:31 pm 

She smiled tenderly and couldn't help but have her cheeks flush at his compliment. Her eyes traveled down to the floor upon which they sat, but her soft smile stretched from cheek to cheek. She scratched his back again softly and nestled her head into his shoulder. "What is it you were thinking about?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:46 am 

"All of it. All I have learned from those I spoke to. I know you've been poking around yourself, so I guess you have a good grasp of how complex and intertwined it all has become." He kissed her head. "I guess there is much insight in this beautiful mind I could benefit from."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:21 pm 

She smiled, "There's a lot... it's difficult to know where to start..."

She scratched his back tenderly, "I suppose I will start with a secret that Muhaki and Teodoro kept secret because it could possibly rend the Empire apart..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:36 pm 

"Which of them, Bella?" He said with irony he tried to keep sounding good-hearted.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:46 pm 

She chuckled, "There are quite a few... This one... has to do with our current guest. I have sworn to not use this information to harm anyone... so please... let us consider this matter carefully..."

She squeezed his side tightly, "It would appear that Jama's father was a child of Teodoro and baptized as a small child here on the island. He was granted the inheritance of the Cornejo family. It appears to have something to do with the problems on the Merenaese mainland as well... Juanito received word that the King is fearful of the rebirth of the Xantellados... and in the document I read, that word apparently refers to the Hantei family and its connection to the Cornejo."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:43 pm 

Saionji was hard to read on this. When he was thinking, he was thinking, not letting shock, revulsion or other feelings cloud his judgement too much. Or maybe he had known or suspected much of this.

"Jama had announced his voyage over a year ago. Enough time for this news to reach Carceiras, like through complaining Almerias. If you're right that Xantellados means some prior conspiracy against the Merenaese throne involving Hantei back in Cornejo era, it may be that this very voyage is responsible for king's paranoia... and from my understanding the ships with the news have already sailed out to Merenae. It means that all of us here may have no easy way back. Miguel is awful like that, he does not differentiate much. Depending on how much he knows or can learn, those who're here now, we're all implicated to him, Almerias, Arrigo, Quijano, Muxaqui... and Cornejo." He looked at her and nodded slowly. "Yes, I've known it."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:52 pm 

She nodded taking her time to process the information herself, "Do you know what it is that concerns Miguel about this; is it simply a title claimant issue?"

She paused for a second before quickly adding, "I ask because there is a man here... his name is Miya Edogawa... He claims to have the memories of Teodoro Cornejo. Some form of partial possession or something, I am not sure of the details... but he seems to have a memory of my grandfather speaking to Teodoro about how these 'Xantellados' would be a means of saving the Kingdom... Does that make any sense to you?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:25 pm 

This could raise even his brows. He chuckled in confusion.

"Isn't he one of Jama's trusted men? And he claims what? That seems rather weird. It would mean that Cornejo's soul... oh right." He shook his head in nervous realisation. "Still, it's hard to believe. And frankly I don't know if it can make any sense. Maybe your grandfather - was it Fulgencio? - was involved in this Xantellado thing. It were dark times in the kingdom during early reign of Enrique. Inquisicion, burning of records... all that I know is that his succession wasn't smooth, though I always thought it was all about taking over Empresa Mercantil. But without Teodoro the Tortoise didn't have a good way into the kingdom until much later."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:35 pm 

She nodded and thought about it for several moments before shaking her head, "I'm not sure what to make of all this... The only place I have to look is back with the Padre. His name was listed on the baptism record as the priest who conducted the ceremony for the current Hantei, a boy named Ricardo in the document. Other than that bringing in this Edogawa and shaking him like a piggy bank until the right memories come out..."

She chuckled a bit to relieve just a bit of tension, "Other than that... I've been looking around for Hawethorne's stolen treasure for the bulk of the day... unfortunately I don't have it just yet to hand over to you my dear."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:46 pm 

"What triggers those recollections in him, do you know? Maybe you need the right circumstance to reveal whatever his soul still knows. Or something like that, because I still think this might be a ruse, things Jama told him to say." He rubbed his temples, then leaned it for a quick peck at hers. "I don't know if it is not a Unicorn pipe dream, this treasure. And now also Jama's. Maybe Hawthorne is laughing at us all from his grave, how we pursue arrows he had drawn to fool the hunt."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:56 pm 

She nodded, "It's possible... but we are surrounded by people who think that it's real... so in at least one sense it becomes very real... Same thing with a prince running around saying they are the inheritor of Cornejo's legacy because of blood alone. Delusions upon delusions. He is planning on sending his explorers as emissaries to Merenae and the Tarkhanate after he has found what he is looking for here... I'm not sure where that leaves the Tortoise... but he is in the process of revoking all of our duties."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:04 pm 

"But is he?"

He looked at her slightly bemused.

"Running around, planning to send, in the process of revoking?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:08 pm 

She raised an eyebrow, "What do you think he is doing? This is what he has expressed publicly, and his actions seem to correspond... I can guess at his motivations... but that little smile suggests you know something I don't."

She returned his smile with a look of playful threatening as if to say, 'Don't toy with me Sai'.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 pm 

He tilted his head, returning her smile in a way that left her without immediate answer. "Tell me, Bella. What is your opinion about the House of Hantei as a whole?"

Page 1 of 2 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next