Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Marriage Counselling - Mantis Edition (D8, Late Morning)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:54 pm 

Utsusemi sighed heavily as she waited for the Mantis captain to arrive, mulling over the contents of Yajinden's letter a couple of more times. She still recalled the Gusai's reaction to when she had inquired about Kaiya, so it had seemed her gut feeling hadn't been too far off.

The lady Agasha's pale kimono made her white hair seem even more silvery, and her mud-incident yesterday had at least paid off in making her skin almost glow with a healthy glow.

There was chilled barley tea, but no snacks for now. She didn't want to make the scenario too pleasant.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Marriage Counselling - Mantis Edition (D8, Late Morning)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:54 pm 

Steps could be heard approaching, willfull steps that indicated purpose.

They stopped at the room's entrance...and then came a knock to indicate the captain's presence.

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:54 pm 

The Yomogiu was a rather tranquil manor done in an architectural style similar to that found in Rokugan. And the captain was recieved promptly by the lady of the residence.

The silver lady was like a regal Crane lord as she acknowledged the Mantis captain as befitting his station, but still allowing her to maintain seniority of the situation. "Gusai-san, have a seat." She gestured to the simple cushions by the table. Chilled barley tea was already in a cup for him... more fitting on a hot day than warm tea.

Bearing the perfect On she had during the meeting the other day, her eyes remained lowered as she folded together the letter obviously bearing the chop of Asahina Yajinden.

"We are both important people who no doubt wish to spend our time more productively, and with that in mind I will skip the pleasant chit-chat that proper decorum would prefer; you're a smart man - do you know why you are here today?" she lifted her gaze and regarded him cooly.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:27 am 

The mantis nodded. He, at least, appreciated the Agasha's attitude for this convocation. However he did not give any indication that he knew why he was here.

''Well Agasha-sama...according to your tone and since this invitation was an official one I suppose that this is either about your nakodo station or maybe about the shrine to Kasuga.''

He raised an eyebrow

''Probably the former...is that about our discussion at Mustaffar's?''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:36 am 

"I feel I must correct you, I am not a nakodo, but I was appointed by Miya-sama to watch over all of you and offer advice where I can."

She inclined her head slightly. "But close, though not quite the accurate guess. I recieved a letter from Asahina Yajinden-sama yesterday, expressing concern at your treatment of your betrothed, Seppun Kaiya-san." Utsusemi did not sigh, but it was obvious she was disappointed in the Mantis.

"I have several questions, but I suppose it can most efficiently be reduced to why? Why do you think this is proper behaviour?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:38 am 

The Mantis seemed honestly lost.

''What behaviour?''

Hell I try to be away from her most of the time!

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:47 am 

"Seppun-san is also the First Mate of your ship, correct?" Utsusemi was sceptical of his 'honesty', but after Wataru, the general impression of Mantis had gone down considerably.

"But still, Matsu Yasuhiro-san, who was stripped of his position of First Mate of another ship, was decided upon to act as your First Mate despite Seppun-san being aboard the vessel and fully capable to perform her duty?"

The mother of dragons now looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "I do hope you realise that this is not only an insult to Seppun-san as your future wife, but also to our superiors as you call into question the arrangement of her being appointed to serve as your First Mate."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:58 am 

The Mantis frowned, realising what this was about

''This is not a marital issue then, this is about one of my decision as a captain then''

He did not seem pleased

''When Seppun-san is on my ship she is my first mate and only that as the contrary would not be professional. If she questions my decisions then she should ask me first since I am her commanding officer.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:08 am 

Utsusemi supressed a sigh.

"Gusai-san. It is an issue that concerns other parties, but since I was brought in on this it is also considered a marital issue, or it would not have been brought to my attention," she reminded him in a gentle tone. "The two of you are to be husband and wife eventually, and to all appearances, such actions as these are signs of disharmony."

She sipped her tea calmly.

"It is also important to remember that a marriage extends further than merely two individuals. It is the joining of families, and honouring one's spouse and their family through our actions. Your actions have consequences outside of yourself. You've been granted the rare honour of being betrothed to a maiden of the Imperial families, Gusai-san... but that means your actions are watched closer."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:17 am 

''Oh?'' his fists clenched under the table ''And why is Seppun-san not here if this is a marital issue...oh, of course...I am the Mantis thus I must be the villain''

He tried to restrain his anger

''As for it being an 'honor'...'' he grimaced, seemingly ready to leave

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:29 am 

"I will speak with Seppun-san as well, seeing how this concerns you both," her tone remained calm, though there was some worry in her face as she saw his reaction. "But I think... this might be something better for me to speak with each of you in turn, now that I see the situation."

She raised a hand, gesturing for him to calm down. "And I have not called you a villain, Gusai-san. That chip on your shoulder... you have no need for it here. I am not here to cast either of you as the villain or the victim. What I am here for, however, is to try to help. This reality of your betrothal won't go away simply because you do not like it. You know that."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:38 am 

''Or do I?'' replied, narrowing his eyes but otherwise remaining

''This relationship will never work, Agasha-sama, as it is poisonnous for us both.'' he tapped a finger on the table

''What do you know about us?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:47 am 

She watched him with a disappointed expression. There was always those who deemed themselves special and above the expectations of a samurai's life. "Do you think you are the first samurai to have been betrothed to someone else than you had hoped? It is more common than you might think, but Duty is a cornerstone of our society, Gusai-san. As I said before, this does not affect only you, but your relatives and your clan as well."

Utsusemi's hands folded together on the table. "That you consider it to be poisonous speaks much of your character."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:57 am 

''SHE'S MY BEST FRIEND'S LOVE, DAMN IT!'' he said, smashing his fist on the table, red with rage

''I saw their first kiss, I know what they feel for each other...'' he snarled ''I could live not being with the one I wanted...but this...THIS is an ignominy I cannot stand!''

He was now furious with the Agasha and her condescention.

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:03 am 

Her eyes narrowed slightly in disapproval over the outburst, but mostly there was sympathy.

What in Jigoku do you know about shame or humiliation? This is nothing.

"An ignominy for you, or them?" she eventually asked after a quiet moment of scrutiny, her tone still remaining calm in the face of his rage. "Because so far, you are the one who seem to be acting out over it, while they are not?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:08 am 

He leaned closer

''Are you sure?''

He then simply returned to his position, cold.

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:18 am 

"Don't try to be clever with me, Gusai-san. It is not leading you anywhere meaningful," she shook her head with dismay.

"Your little stunts are only hurting both of them. What do you think will happen to Seppun-san if you keep thinking and acting the way you are now?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:20 am 

''She does not think of me when she stabs me in the back''

He rose

''Why should I care about her? I am done here''

/exit, unless stopped

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:26 am 

"If you are a man who values his friends, you will sit down," the lady Agasha said firmly in a rare occassion of raising her voice.

Whatever positive impression Susumu had given in their previous meeting was nearly completely destroyed.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:30 am 

He turned one least time

''I have a good idea...she has enemies I hear.''

He put a hand on his kamas

''I was ready to swallow that medicine, I truly was...but if she chooses to sabotage this relationship...she might find me amongst them''

/exit

Equipment (visible):

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next