Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Daughters of Shinjo and Doji (D8, LE)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:50 pm 

"Ah well, there is some debate on the subject in the Empire, but everyone can agree on that it is honourable to follow the seven tenets of Bushido, as set by Akodo-kami."

"Jin - Compassion
Yu - Courage
Rei - Courtesy
Chugo - duty and loyalty
Gi - honesty and justice
Meyo - honor
Makoto - Sincerity."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:57 pm 

Her mind paused for a moment on the second to last. It was honorable to be honorable? Having honor was a criteria for having honor? Still, she wasn't here to poke holes in the moral systems of others.

"Hmm... I think any Unicorn would say that those virtues are important, but it's not defined so exactly. A Unicorn who shows a lack of integrity just has to bear the consequences of their actions. They have to rebuild it through taking better actions in the future."

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:07 pm 

"So it is mostly in Rokugan as well, though there are some mistakes that are too grievous to endure. The act of seppuku also spares one's family from being associated with the dishonour."

Utsusemi sipped her tea calmly. "But I am interested in how the Ki-rin became the Unicorn, and how it ties in with the Tarkhanate I have heard about."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:52 pm 

"Mm... I see," she replied with a nod. It was even sort of true. "As much as I would like to talk about our history in detail, because I think it would help a lot to foster understanding, I can't really go into detail without consulting my family first. I can talk in generalities and about our culture, though." She frowned softly and sighed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:56 pm 

She felt a little disappointed that Rukaya could not extend quite the same courtesy as she had, but she could understand that one must follow the rules of one's family.

"Of course," Utsusemi gave a slight nod. "I would be interested to hear it."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:04 am 

She put her hands on her knees and bowed. "Please forgive me, Agasha-san. Lady Shinjo led us in trying to find a way home... if it were up to me, we would begin moving to complete that work immediately and share our travels with our long-lost cousins." She straightened. "Things are just particularly complicated right now."

"Our culture... we retain as much as we can of our Rokugani roots. But things have diverged a great deal since year 45. Many years were difficult, so we incorporated as much as we could that would help us survive and thrive. We spent a long time in the desert, and it is an unforgiving environment. That's... I suppose the context for our culture."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:45 am 

Utsusemi bowed gracefully, though not as deeply as Rukaya. "There is no need to ask for forgiveness, Iuchi-san. I understand well that there are matters that might go against your superior's wishes, and I would not want to ask of you anything that would compromise your honour and loyalty to those you serve."

Mentally she was kicking herself a little for being too soft. A true courtier would have wrangled the answers out of her somehow, but... that was just not Utsusemi's way.

"It must have been difficult to preserve everything from the homeland; culture, traditions, language even, if you have had to adapt so much to survive. It sounds like Shinjo's followers faced many hardships and trials."

Theme #5Profile

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2