Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 3 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Cicada's Lament (D8, Late Night)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:49 am 

Utsusemi breathed a brief chuckle. "I will have to take your word for it," it was the best she could manage now, as she was still rebuilding herself from her near-breakdown. "As long as I can bring you happiness, Kenzo, no matter how brief it may be in this lifetime, it gives me comfort and joy in return. When I see you smile," her thumb brushed against his lower lip, feeling his smile, "it makes me forget my worries."

She sighed deeply, enjoying the feeling of their heads against one another. "Maybe... maybe working on this temple will help me find another path. One that does not break me down to be able to pour out my innermost feelings and thoughts into prose. With you here, I believe I can do it."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:47 am 

"Mmmm." Kenzo murmured, his smile turning briefly into a kiss on her thumb as the digit brushed his lips. "Just as when I see you smile. I think that I shall try to smile more, knowing what happiness it brings you." He grinned then, as though to demonstrate. "I don't think it will be very difficult. I do it a lot when I'm with you, after all."

Gently, he began to stroke her back with his fingers as she spoke, his expression turning more solemn. "I believe you can, too." He said softly. "I know you can."

He was silent a few moments, holding her, fingers dancing down her back, their heads still resting against each other. He pursed his lips a moment before speaking. "Patterns are easy to form, difficult to break. Utsu... I wonder if you would be willing to try something for me?"

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:58 am 

Utsusemi swallowed her doubts for now, nodding her head in a gentle motion so at to not upset their position. Her hands moved from his face and over his shoulders, until they linked together behind his neck with her fingers intertwined in his hair.

Her eyes opened at his question. "... What did you have in mind, Kenzo?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:33 am 

It took a moment for Kenzo to respond, focusing on her touch, the sensation of her hands sliding around him. "Well..." He began. His lips twisted. "I'm not sure if it's even reasonable. It will certainly be difficult, I imagine."

His eyes were bright and earnest as they met hers. "I just wonder... we have some time before the construction of the temple will be complete. Perhaps, for a time, try writing poetry when you're at your happiest." His lips curled up into a smile. "I should like to read the results."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:43 am 

Her lower lip was pressed between her teeth as she gave another slow nod.

"I will try."

It wasn't that she hadn't tried before, but she needed to redouble her efforts now. For his sake. For her own sake too... this couldn't be the only way she could create her art.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:53 am 

"Okay." Kenzo said softly, smiling. "If there's any way I can help..."

His smile grew more crooked, playful. "I rather fancy that this means I'll see you writing more often. That's good. I like to see you working on your art. It's one of the things that impressed me about you, you know."

And then, finally, the smile became a smirk. "So, the next time we make love, I won't be satisfied until I see you pick up paper and pen."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:11 am 

Utsusemi blushed at first as Kenzo spoke, but the last remark made her laugh breathily as she slipped her hands down to his sides, giving him a playful poke.

"You're incorrigible!" She rolled her eyes dramatically, holding back another laugh.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:40 am 

Kenzo laughed, openly and honestly, his stomach shaking as she poked him. Seeing her trying to hold back laughter, he let his hands dance playfully along her flanks as he grinned, trying to coax that last bit of laughter out of her.

Sighing, he slid his hands around her waist once more. "I love you, Utsusemi. I hope you don't underestimate what you do for me. And even if you do..." His eyes flickered over to the swan painting he'd made for her, now up on the wall, before going back to meet her gaze once more. "Know that I don't."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:28 pm 

Even as she pressed her lips together, she was unable to hold back as he started to poke and prod at her weak spots to make her laugh, and she soon enough collapsed in laughter against him.

"Kenzo..." she smiled, pushing back all other concerns for the time being. "I love you, and you bring out the better in me... parts of me I feel like I might not have known about for quite some time," Utsusemi's hands held onto his shoulders.

"I've been trying so hard to please everyone else... my parents, my husband... but you," a hand reached up to brush some of his errant hair away from his face, "you've made me realise that I'm more than just the good daughter or the good wife."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:55 pm 

Hearing her laughter, Kenzo couldn't help but laugh as well, his shoulders shaking. Just as incapacitated by it as she was, he wrapped his arms around her, squeezing her gently until they both subsided.

As Utsu spoke, Kenzo was silent. He sat up, just a little, letting her hands rest on his solid shoulders, his hands comfortably encircling her waist. It was at the end that his eyes finally lit in understanding.

"Yes... yes!" He leaned closer, his eyes lit with excitement. "You are, Utsusemi. I've known it, almost as long as I've known you." His smile grew fond. "I'm glad that you see yourself the same way I see you."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:11 pm 

"Maybe I just needed to seek a second opinion," she managed to chuckle, drawing on the strength he gave her to be able to laugh and smile. "... I just didn't have the strength to find it before. You did give me that, Kenzo."

Her voice dropped lower. "I don't know what Fortune is watching over me to have sent you my way, but I am grateful nonetheless...." Pulling him by the shoulders, Utsusemi drew him close for tender encounter with his lips.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:26 pm 

Kenzo snorted laughter, caught by surprise by her joke. But only because she'd been so sad not long ago; her sense of humor was something he was already pleasantly familiar with.

His expression softened. "As am I, Utsusemi." The tug on his shoulders was irresistible. Kenzo leaned forwards, parting his lips against hers, his hands moving against her back as they kissed, pulling her gently against him.

As they parted, Kenzo took a breath, his chest rising and falling. He gave her a smile; the roguish twist to his lips made an appearance, although his eyes were wide and earnest. "Feeling better? We can go back to bed now, if you'd like?" His hand came up, brushing a stray strand of her white hair back from her face.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:00 am 

"Mm," Utsusemi nodded. Emtional breakdowns were exhausting, and right now she felt too drained to think about starting a new day. Sleeping beside Kenzo was much more tempting.

... And she could allow herself one morning to sleep in.

"Thank you..." she kissed him once more, "let's go back to bed. It's been a long and tiring day for both of us."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:58 am 

Kenzo closed his eyes, enjoying the sensation of her lips against his. "Okay." He said softly, giving her a smile. "Hold on tight." His hands tightened, gripping her slender waist firmly.

He stood then, taking her weight onto his shoulders, his grip on her waist providing the rest. It was easy to get them both on their feet, without ever having to let her out of his arms. Which was good; he rather enjoyed having her there.

Kenzo grinned at her. "It has been a long day, but there's still a few hours left in the night. Long enough to get some sleep, and still see me try the niten technique with that other fish."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:00 pm 

It wasn't difficult to ask Utsu to hold onto him tightly, as she already wanted to, and even as they stood, she was still holding onto him.

"Mm, I don't want to miss the chance to see that," she said with some humour to her tone, her head leaning over his shoulder. "... Carry me?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:30 pm 

Leaning over his shoulder, Utsu wouldn't be able to see Kenzo's eyes light with appreciation. But she would be able to hear it in his tone. "Of course, Utsusemi. Just keep holding on."

It only took a few small adjustments. One hand slid up her back, to circle around her shoulders. The other, after quickly crossing her body, slid down the outside of her thigh, until he reached her knee. From there, it was a simple matter to sweep her off her feet, into his arms.

Kenzo straightened, shifting his arms just a little as Utsu settled against him. Now she would see the look on his face as he looked down at her, smiling gently, his eyes bright. Unable to resist, Kenzo bent his head, pressing his lips to hers.

Last edited by Mirumoto Kenzo on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:17 pm 

Her arms moved over his shoulders to hold on to him better, and she made a tiny surprised yelp as he swept her off her feet.

She at least was much easier to lift than the other Agasha he had had to carry in recent time.

Utsusemi's fingers carressed Kenzo's hair as they joined together once more. "Now this is quite a heroic pose," she teased as she caught her breath.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:55 pm 

Kenzo's hair was soft to the touch; it seemed as though he'd been maintaining it better since she combed it out the previous morning.

"Mmm." Kenzo murmured softly. He grinned at her. "I suppose it does, doesn't it?" He tilted his head up dramatically. "The brave protagonist, having rescued the beautiful princess, carries her off to his cloud palace." He couldn't hold the pose, breaking into laughter, tangible to Utsu, held as she was.

His laughter subsided, and Kenzo looked down at Utsu once more, smiling softly. "In truth, this isn't a cloud castle. But it's more than enough for me."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:27 am 

"If it is with you, then it is better than any castle," Utsusemi murmured softly, still clinging to him. Her smile turned into more of a grin, her tone more teasing. "Well... with the exception of Kyuden Doji, maybe."

She giggled briefly. "I jest. Not even that place compares to being where you are."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:55 am 

Kenzo could only manage the briefest of incredulous stares before he burst into helpless laughter. He lowered his face, rubbing his cheek against hers, his chest shaking once more.

"Utsusemi..." He said, raising his face, smiling down at her once more. "I'm truly touched. I can think of no place I'd rather be than wherever you are." He sighed pleasantly. "As many places as I've been, I think Yomogiu may always be my favorite."

With slow, easy steps, he carried her back down the hallway. He'd closed the door, but he managed to push it open again with his foot, carrying her across the threshold back into her bedroom.

Page 2 of 3 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next