Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Cicada's Lament (D8, Late Night)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:10 am 

"It is my favourite as well," she chuckled, snuggling up close to him as he carried her. "... But I would love to show you the palaces of the Doji and the Kakita some day. Maybe when we return home, I could maybe see about visiting my family in the new year... my children have still not seen where I grew up."

It was sadly not something that had been an option with the recent troubles and war there. She had mostly wanted the children to stay with her parents while she was gone, but with the tensions there, it was out of the question.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:28 am 

As she spoke, Kenzo slowed just the tiniest bit, his smile growing a touch fonder. "I would like that very much, Utsusemi." He said softly. "It would mean a great deal to me to see some of the places so important to you." It seemed to him to be an extraordinarily good sign that she was thinking of the future, and that they had a place together in it. He wasn't about to call attention to it, though.

His grin grew crooked as he smiled at her. "If we visit the Kakita Academy though, we'll have to find some turtles, first. I understand the gardens there don't have any!"

Still holding her, he carried her to her bed; of course, he'd actually spent more time in it than she had. With exquisite care, he knelt down, his arms shifting on her body as he lay her down gently, remaining within the circle of her arms.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:42 am 

"Oh..." she chuckled warmly, burying her face against his shoulder as he lowered her down. "... Sure, I will just need to make sure we're nowhere near that garden when it is discovered. Though I have no idea how you plan to smuggle in a turtle, let alone more."

As Utsusemi was settled down comfortable, she smiled as she tugged him down to join her down on the bedding.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:52 am 

Kenzo was all too happy to allow Utsusemi to pull him down. He settled comfortably beside her, his body against hers, his warmth tangible even through the nightclothes he wore. The wonderful softness of her soothed him, even as it excited him other times. He laughed softly as he put his arm around her. "Very well. It shall be our parting gift."

His hand came up then, gently cupping her cheek, turning her her face towards his. Kenzo's eyes were dancing with humor as they met hers, with warmth just below the surface. "As to the how, well..." He smirked. "I hope you can always count on my ingenuity as well, Utsusemi. You'll just have to wait and see what I can do."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:43 am 

There was humour in her eyes as Kenzo spoke, as well as in her smile. Utsusemi didn't seem to have the same amount of warmth as he did, but she was more than happy to share in the warmth he provided for them both.

"I better hope the children never learn about your little pranks then... they might want to attempt to recreate it someday," she clicked her tongue in playful disapproval. "Such a bad influence you are on such well-behaved young children."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:55 am 

Kenzo's expression turned into one of pious innocence. "Who, me?" He said. "I assure you, I won't tell them anything." His lips twisted. "Well... perhaps only the more educational pranks."

He grinned. "They're both so intelligent and creative. If they weren't so well-behaved, I'm sure they'd be able to come up with that sort of thing on their own. Luckily, they have a very good mother."

Gently, his hand stroked across her cheek, his smile growing softer. "And... I understand that in larger families, there's often a 'fun' uncle. I think I could fill that role."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:02 am 

"Mm, they already are quite inventive with their little pranks... perhaps you have been giving them ideas behind my back," Utsusemi chuckled softly, her hand cupping over his with a gentle touch.

Her expression softened slightly, with something that looked like homesickness or a brief hint of sadness. "The 'fun' uncle, hm? I suppose they already think of you that way, having known you all their lives. Yoshi-kun was still just a babe when you first came to visit our home, after all... and they always are excited when you come by."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:18 am 

"I don't think so." Kenzo said. His expression turned thoughtful, a frown on his lips. "Hmmm." He chuckled softly. "Perhaps I need to pay more attention to the stories I tell. Yoshi-kun is impressively good at encouraging people to talk."

The flash of sadness caught Kenzo's eyes. They grew faintly concerned, sympathetic as they looked into her eyes. "I remember. He looked so small in your arms." His hand shifted, his fingers entwining with hers.

"I enjoyed seeing them, too." Kenzo shifted foward, his forehead resting against hers. "And seeing you and them together." He smiled softly. "It always made it feel like a home."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:41 am 

Utsusemi's smile grew as their foreheads rested against eachother once more, closing her eyes at the comforting sensation.

"Hm... it still feels like yesterday sometimes. They grow up so fast," she sighed wistfully. It was obvious she missed them dearly, but it there wasn't that sadness there now, having passed already or pushed back. "That it felt like a home to you... I am glad to hear that. I always wanted you to feel like it could be a second home to you, when I learned of your family... thinking you probably felt alone."

She missed hearing Yoshi running around the house, hearing his laughter. Or the feeling of brushing Tsumugi's hair as her daughter would nap with her head in her mother's lap. It was the little parts of her everyday life that they brought to it.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:50 am 

For a few moments, Kenzo was silent, savoring the feeling of her against him, forehead to forehead, hand to hand, body to body.

It was strange, he thought. She was happy here, with him, as happy as he'd ever seen her. And yet, he knew that as long as she was away from her children, a little piece of her happiness would be forever locked away. Kenzo's eyes closed before she could see the flicker of sadness in them. If only things were different... but still, who knew what the future would hold?

His eyes flickered open, warm once more. "I did. Almost always." Kenzo admitted. "And I was generally perfectly fine with that, being alone." His lips twisted, still smiling. "Lately, I find myself feeling rather differently about it."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:59 am 

"That you don't want to be alone anymore?" Utsusemi asked, her nose brushing against his in a loving gesture before she opened her eyes. The warmth of her hazel coloured orbs were visible in the dark.

Yoshi had the same colour of brown, but without the blue that made hers brighter, while Tsumugi had inherited the Crane blue eyes in full rather than just the small flecks that her mother had.

"Or... something else?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:24 am 

"Mmmm." Kenzo smiled as Utsu's nose brushed against his. He was silent for a few moments, lost once more in a study of her eyes. It was more than just the color, as appealing as both the hazel and the flecks of blue were. But rather, it was the combination, a deeper and more intriguing whole that drew him in. His lips parted, just a little, his eyes growing just a touch wider. They were a simple brown, but rich and deep, darker in the dim light.

"Yes." He said finally. After a moment, he smiled. "Or rather, both of those. It's not that I don't want to be alone, it's that I want to be with you." His lips twisted. "It's a rather new feeling for me, really. I'm still getting used to it a bit."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:31 am 

Utsusemi on the other hand had never found his eyes to be plain or simple, as she had always seen such a kind warmth in them, paired with the light of his mischief as well as his lust for life. Though it was sometimes something she envied in him.

"I am too getting used to it," she admitted a little bashfully. "But it is enjoyable to grow more accustomed to that feeling. It... must have taken you a lot of courage to put your feelings and your heart on the line like that, back in Dragon's Guard City."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:50 am 

Kenzo laughed softly at that. "Ah... rather less than you would think actually." He grinned. "In truth, I think it was more in the manner of... as though I was casually strolling towards a precipice, and didn't realize it until I'd lost my balance."

His eyes went distant as he thought back, a smile on his lips. "I remember thinking that speaking to you as I was was harmless. Practice, or perhaps a game. And then... suddenly I realized that I'd let my feelings for you show. I hadn't actually intended on it. I was worried for a few moments that I'd made a terrible mistake."

His gaze snapped back, meeting hers, suddenly intense. "But it wasn't a mistake. Not at all." He couldn't help but press forward, then, finding her lips with his, kissing her with a sudden passion.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:03 am 

Utsusemi watched the changes in Kenzo as he spoke, but the sudden kiss and its intense passion caught her off-guard at first, until she surrendered to it as she let his passion stir her own.

It could have been a grievous mistake for Kenzo, had she not responded the way she did, she knew. Had Ryuden been there in Dragon's Guard City, Utsusemi knew she had not dared to return his feelings that day they first shared a moment of true intimacy. But like Sanjuro had said, there was something liberating in being away from his shadow.

But it is still a mistake... in a way... the words taunted at the edge of her thoughts, but now she would not hear of it. She was here with him now, and she loved him. It was perhaps not the love she had heard stories of as a child, but it was the closest she had been to feeling love and feeling loved in return. The bitterness in her tried to remind her that it was the love she should have found with her husband, but like the other doubts, it was too ignored.

"Still, I am glad..." her words were a tender whisper as they both broke apart to breathe, "I would not have had the courage to do so then." Her lips found his again with a renewed passion.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:36 am 

Kenzo's chest heaved as they parted, his passion having caught himself off-guard as well. Just as when he'd revealed his feelings for her, he'd allowed his feelings to outrun his good sense. And, just as with then, he was pleased to have done so as her lips found his again, her passion further inflaming his own.

His lips parted, moving against hers, matching her, pushing gently back. Kenzo lifted himself up on his elbow. His other hand slid back across her cheek, brushing through her hair. They parted a moment, and he was panting, breathing heavily with his passion. "But you gave me the courage to go on, Utsusemi. And so we went, step by step, side by side." His voice was rough, throaty. "I hope we shall continue on the same way."

For Kenzo, there was no turning back. He might wish for something different, wish that Utsu was unmarried, or married to him. But wishes were not regrets. He knew that giving up on her, on what they had, would be his path to regret. The only way out was forward. Kenzo smiled a moment before leaning forward once more, his hand behind her head guiding their lips back together.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:14 pm 

Utsusemi was a woman of many sins, but in this case, regret was not one she was committing right now. She could not bring herself to regret this or the time she had spent with Kenzo, for to do so would be to tear down all that it had done to build her up. Her chest rose with intensified breath as their bodies spoke to eachother without words. Their lips declaring their love for eachother, her hands expressing her affection for him as one went behind his back, fingers curling over his shoulder blade, while the other moved down his side, lovingly caressing his hip.

"Let us share tonight," she murmured with desire. The coming days they would have to focus on the temple, rather than eachother, but tonight could be a passionate moment to hold onto during those long days.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:34 pm 

As they parted, just for a moment, a witticism almost came to Kenzo's mind. But as he looked at Utsusemi, heard the desire in her voice, saw it in her eyes, everything else fell away. His dark eyes reflected desire back, his passive need for her suddenly turned very active indeed. They would share tonight, yes.

The little touches of her hands and lips encouraged him. He responded in kind, lips brushing along her jawline, his hand tracing down her back, passing over the curve of her hip as he explored the shape of her, gently caressing.

The touch on his hip made him growl with passion. Suddenly he moved, rolling agilely, and in a moment, his body was atop her, arms bracing him to either side, holding all his weight. The intensity in his eyes as he looked down was tempered by love, and a hint of playfulness. "Utsusemi..." He murmured. It was rather a lot of things for four syllables to convey, but he rather thought he'd managed.

And then, slowly, Kenzo lowered his head once more, as passion overcame him.

/ohmyfade

Page 3 of 3 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3