All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Day 9 LA: Chocolates and fine art
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:24 am 

''That man was obviously blind Agasha-sama''

He shook his head hearing her next question

''Sadly no, I am not truly familiar with merenease customs''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:38 pm 

"Ah, well, I am sure they will accomodate us a little bit at the party, seeing how many of the Explorers probably do not know. I've only learned some of the music and dances, but... not quite the same as actually attending a proper party," she smiled politely, but her mind was thinking of something completely different.

"Dancing is a rather social activity for them, from what I understand, but I do not think you'll be one to be easily flustered by it."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:45 pm 

Dancing? Heh...err...yieeesh

Susumu seemed to have lost himself in his thoughts for a moment

''Ah! Err, no of course not...'' he looked away for a moment ''Why would I be?''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:48 pm 

Utsusemi's fingers curled over her lips as she partially conceal her amused smile.

"Well, it is rather different than traditional dances back home, as here it requires two dancing partners to hold onto eachother throughout the dance."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:56 pm 

Silence came before a long awaited nod. Susumu danced...on occasion...but in also very informal settings

Why was he bothered by this?

''I see, that seems quite interesting''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:00 pm 

"There might be other dances too that aren't so offending to more traditional Rokugani sensibilities, of course. I admit I have not seen them all yet," she offered graciously, seeing that he seemed a little bothered by the subject. "The music on the other hand is rather festive and enjoyable."

Utsusemi did wonder if she could pick up a few of the instruments to bring home. That would make a nice gift for her daughter.

"I wonder if it is the same other places too, but alas, I will have to hear from the experiences of those who continue onward with the Fleet, as I will be returning home."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:23 pm 

Susumu remembered the first night of last year's collegial sortie at the Feitoria

''That is true, I have listened to this music first hand. It can certainly prove quite enjoyable. The fiddle is a very interesting instrument''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm 

"Mm," Utsusemi nodded. "The kokyū is the only instrument I know that compares to it, but they are still so very different. I have not yet tried playing one to truly compare their differences. I am sure after a few tries I can get an impression of it's workings. A shame I only brought two instruments from home myself..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:30 am 

Well that was certainly a way to make him curious

''Ah, you play instruments as well? Truly, you are a paragon of the arts''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:37 am 

"Thank you, though I am only a novice at most of them," she smiled. "My time among the Doji and the Kakita was spent learning all the traditional instruments and arts, though some lessons certainly did stay better than others; poetry, tea ceremony, painting, ikebana, incense-making..."

"Ah," Utsusemi chuckled, "I tend to ramble a bit on the subject. Are there any arts you have an interest in, Gusai-san?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:53 am 

Susumi gave a sly grin

''The art I enjoy the most might owe me angry stares from Yomi.'' he shrugs ''I can appreciate many art forms but I practice none myself''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:57 am 

She raised an eyebrow at the first statement, but only smiled at the second one.

"Really? From my time aboard Kunshu Maru, I could see how much it bolstered the spirit and morale of the men when our captain would sing. Though I have to admit he is an impressive singer... but perhaps it would be of great entertainment to your crew if you were to make the attempt?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:05 am 

The mantis laughed

''That would be something that could indeed motivate them to jump overboard.''

He shook his head

''I do enjoy storytelling but I can't say I really practice the art''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:10 am 

"Really? You should certainly give it a few tries, Gusai-san. Storytelling is an artform that crosses boundaries of culture and age alike. Besides, how else will you tell of your daring adventures in foreign lands?"

The words did give her an idea though, as Bellena had mentioned that there were children in both the mosque and the church. Perhaps it was something she could do there, seeing as it was easier to weave stories for the young minds than to speak to them of poetry or teach them to paint.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:25 pm 

''I had considered hiring a writer to follow the Walrusin its journeys'' he said

''I sadly could not find one before leaving Dragon's Guard''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:47 pm 

"A storyteller or a scribe? The two are a little different but not mutually exclusive," she mused.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:25 pm 

He shrugged

"Why not both?..." he let out a chuckle "...The more the merrier!"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:54 pm 

"I... suppose there is something to that," she smirked in return.

"Should not be too difficult to find someone to help you out, at least. There are several talented writers among the Explorers, and well, I have some training in storytelling, and there are probably others too. So while the fleet is still gathered on the island, something should be doable."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:07 pm 

He looked doubtful

"Mayhaps but I have none if them on my crew...I might look for one in the city eventually"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:27 pm 

"Considering the wide diversity of people on the island, I believe you will be successful, Gusai-san," Utsusemi offered politely.

Theme #5Profile

Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next