Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Day 9 LA: Chocolates and fine art
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:37 am 

Susumu had been angry at her, certainly,, but it was not truly her fault: She was a former crane so condescension was to be expected.

He let out a sigh has he walked up the steps.

These people, so focused on the apparences rather then on the heart of the problem.

He knocked at the door and announced himself to the servants

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

Post subject: Re: Day 9 LA: Chocolates and fine art
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:47 am 

There were no servants to greet him, as the lady Agasha preferred the privacy of the temporary home. And the Yomogiu was more than manageable for her and Kenzo combined.

So it was the lady of the house who greeted him personally. Even when at home working on her art, she was well-dressed and groomed, her attire in muted colours of peach and pastel green, with a decorative obi in powder blue, and her long white hair was done up in an elegant style more in touch with the local fashion. After all, he was rather spot on in his conclusion that she was a woman who cared about appearances.

There was a brief look of surprise in her eyes, but quickly recovered to bow respectfully to the Mantis captain. "Gusai-san," Utsusemi spoke politely, giving a light smile. "An unexpected surprise, but not an unwelcome one. Please, come inside."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:02 am 

The Mantis bowed back, unsure he was entering a viper's nest or not.

''Agasha-sama'' his tone was even, calm ''I took the liberty of bringing you these''

he offered a package delicately wrapped in green paper

''I believe you'll find these more easy to bring back to your children''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:13 am 

Another brief look of surprise. "Oh... really, you shouldn't have, Gusai-san," her smile grew a little. "Considering... I feel at fault for our previous meeting not having gone so well, I could not possibly accept a gift from you under such circumstances."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:19 am 

By the Kami how he wished he could sigh right now

''Truth be told I was not behaving as a guest should have, even on an official matter. Please take this as a token of apology.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:26 am 

Utsusemi on the other hand was not oblivious to the fact that the Mantis might not enjoy the traditions of the Empire, but she had initiated in it simply out of habit. The two of them came from widely different backgrounds, after all.

But she did try to make her next refusal a more natural way for them to reach the end.

"If you would accept my apology for my poor behaviour as well, I can with good conscience accept this gift. And perhaps we could try this again?" she smiled with sincerity.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:31 am 

''It would be a pleasure to start on fresh grounds Agasha-sama, I will gladdy accept yours as you accept mine'

He replied, hoping that it sounded right

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:49 am 

Utsusemi nodded, accepting the gift. "Thank you, Gusai-san. Let us start over."

She made room for him to come inside properly. "Ah, I have no tea ready at the moment as I was working on my art, but there is always water, if you wish for it?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:01 am 

''I am used to warm weathers, no need to trouble yourself...''

Still he tilted his head, something having caught his attention

''Working on art you say?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:08 am 

"Yes," she nodded slightly. "Painting. I would be happy to show you."

Leading him into the common room where they had been before... well, it looked a little less tidy than it had last time he was here, as there were artistic supplies across the table. One side of the table had some crafting materials, the paint drying on two masks of fine make. While the project she was now working on was a painting depicting a group of turtles resting on a rocky outcropping by the sea, their shells seeming to glow with a golden hue against a sunset. In the background of the painting there was a majestic ship, one of the local ones rather than one of the Imperial fleet.

Utsusemi turned the canvas around, allowing Susumu to see it.

---

Painting with 3 raises.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:29 pm 

Susumu observed the masks for a brief moment before he was allowed to look at the painting.

When it was revealed he got as close as possible, not only bringing scrutity to the scene but the very brush strokes as well

''Masterfully done Agasha-sama'' he commented while taking a step back ''Is this for your residence?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:35 pm 

She gave a gentle shake of her head. "A gift for the governor of west port, as a token of gratitude for the hospitality. I do not know how well Rokugani art is accepted here, but I hope she will at least appriciate the sentiment," Utsusemi gave a light chuckle.

"Things work quite differently here than back home, after all, where a gift from a Kakita artisan is a prized favour."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:44 pm 

''True, here art is a sign of wealth and commerce is an art of its own.''

He scratched his chin, thinking.

''Have you ever thought of selling your paintings? I am fairly confident we could introduce Rokugani art to new markets''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:50 pm 

Commerce an artform... sounds like something a Mantis would say, alright, she thought wryly, though she had to acknowledge that what he said was true here, as she had already experienced haggling and bartering.

"Hmm... it has not crossed my mind." Utsusemi could feel generations of Kakita and Doji screaming in outrage at the idea of selling art for profit. But wasn't political favours and allies just another kind of profit?

"But... I suppose it would be a way to garner more interest for our traditions and culture, which is getting more interest by the day, it seems," she tapped her chin with a well-manicured finger. "I'm just not good at that sort of thing, to be perfectly honest, as my experience with numbers before coming here was limited only to managing my household."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:39 pm 

Susumu let out a light grin

''I can help with that.'' he said with utmost confidence

''I already have deals with a merchant house to access the Tarkhanate markets. I could sell them for you, if you are interested.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:21 pm 

Utsusemi gave him a look of careful considerations. He was not a man who enjoyed the delicate exchanges of proper conversation around the subject, she had learned, so it was best to cut to the heart of the matter.

"I am not opposed to the idea... but I wish to know what you seek to gain from it?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:38 pm 

The Mantis chuckled, turning to the former crane

''Exposure as a merchant, stoking interest in Rokugani products, a cut of the profits...a lot of things can be gained from this.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:42 pm 

"Hmm... it could also draw positive attention to the temple of Sadahako, considering the artisans that came along for that project." If Rokugani art became popular enough, the temple could have the potential of becoming more self-sufficient if it was lavished with donations for the chance of possessing Rokugani artwork.

"Alright," Utsusemi nodded, "consider me interested, Gusai-san, and my trust in you to handle the details of such that is fair for us both. I will not deny that you have more experience and understanding of commerce than I do, as well more established contacts."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:04 pm 

''Good'' he smiled as he turned back to the painting

''Once you have more of them, or any other art piece for that matter, I'll begin searching for potential avenues.''

He thought for a while...how to best begin

''Might I make a suggestion?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:07 pm 

"The ones I have now are of personal projects, but I shall be having more time to dedicate to the arts now that I am not needed by the temple everyday."

She raised an eyebrow with a curious look.

"Of course. What is on your mind?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next