Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Day 9 LA: Chocolates and fine art
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:22 pm 

''A painting of the Ki-Rin returning to Rokugan...''

He steepled his fingers

''We might want to synchronise with Hantei-no-Kimi for certain themes...we could help influence a peaceful resolution with artworks such as these''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:27 pm 

Utsusemi's fingers curled together as their knuckles rested against her lips, her other hand supporting her arm by the elbow as she adopted a thoughtful posture with a light frown. Her paintings were usually of animals or nature, not people.

And painting was still only her secondary art after poetry.

"... I might be able to produce poems for such as well, as it is my strongest forte compared to painting. Though you might wish to speak with Hantei-no-kimi of this plan. I would not want to draw his ire because seemingly good intentions acted against his plans."

Their return was already something that could not be stopped, after all.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:34 pm 

''I agree'' he said putting his hands behind his back ''Poetry would be nice...but not nearly as universal. I doubt poems could be translated to great effect but they could be great gifts''

he tilded his head

''Are any of the monks here former smiths?''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:05 pm 

She gave a smirk. "I have learned to compose poetry in the language of Merenaese, as it was how I learned the language." While she did have a strong accent to her speech, she did show a good understanding of the language.

"We have some skilled labourers with us, and my brother-in-law is a skilled smith. What are you interested in?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:50 am 

''Agasha Sanjuro-san, correct?'' he remembered seeing that name on the Yamato's crew list

''We would need people skilled in making katanas and wakizashis''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:56 am 

"The very same," Utsusemi nodded in confirmation, but she grew sceptical at his next line.

"Why? ... I certainly hope you're not going to suggest that he spend his time making weapons that are a core to Rokugani culture and society merely because it amuses the locals?" she frowned, but would give him the chance to prove her suspicions wrong. After all, for a Rokugani, a wakizashi was the very symbol of a samurai's station and honour... that a gaijin carry it would be a horrible insult.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:10 am 

''No, not for the locals'' He reflexively massaged his left shoulder before continuing

''I have spoken to some of the unicorn members present here: Some have proven themselves to be more reserved but others quite willing to dialogue. I have learned from the latter that they have long lost the art of making such blades and can barely manage to keep those they have in good condition.''

He paused

''The one they still possess are viewed as rare family relics...so I wondered: would it not be a good opportunity to weave them closer to us by allowing them to relearn this ancestral art? The significance of these blades is not lost upon me and may not upon them."

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:17 am 

The Agasha matron carefully considered her words, and took a deep breath, seemingly to hold back her first reaction to the suggestion, before she continued in a calm and level tone.

"While there are those of the Unicorn who are good and honourable souls, I think we are putting the cart before the horse with that idea, even if it is a generous one. There is still much we do not know about them, and the intentions of the Tarkhanate is sketchy at best, last I heard. If they were to return to Rokugan peacefully, then I would gladly support such an idea, but as it is now... it is not an idea I can give my support to, Gusai-san."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:54 am 

''Mmmh''

He at least seemed to consider her words for a moment

''We could shelve that for the future then, until a better situation arrives. I thank you for you opinion.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:37 am 

"I gladly offer my opinion and advice where I can, Gusai-san," the Dragon smiled wryly. "Though I know sometimes people don't always want to listen. And sometimes I am wrong too... few are infallible, after all, and I won't claim to be so."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:45 am 

''Indeed, nobody is.'' he looked once more at the masks

''Are they for the party tomorrow?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:48 am 

More than happy to let the subject continue with the arts, Utsusemi nodded. "Yes. Both Kenzo-san and Ran-san asked me if I would make masks for them to wear. Honestly, I have not made masks since my time in Kyuden Doji," which was already a decade ago, she thought wistfully, "but it is fun to make the attempt after having seen the masks the locals seem to be picking up for the party."

"I trust you will be attending as well, as an officer of the Imperial fleet?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:56 am 

He stood silent for a moment making quick calculations

''Propably, I have yet to procure a mask and a proper garnment since I got myself a new side project. I thought of going for a doublet though...I have wanted one for a while''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:08 am 

Utsusemi chuckled lightly as she gave him a briefly appraising look. "I am certain you will cut quite the striking figure, Gusai-san. You seem to have that bit of flair that goes well with local trends."

"I am not quite sure what a doublet is though?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:24 am 

''An embroided vest, essentially'' he said as he took a pose for the observing dragon

''I saw one that would be perfect for Mirumoto-san or Agasha-san earlier''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:37 am 

"Ah, I see." She nodded slightly with understanding, having seen the garment, but not been aware of the name.

"Well, I would not be able to speak on their behalfs in that matter. My yojimbo has mentioned acquiring something for the party on his own, and my brother-in-law... I suspect he might not attend the event, but who knows."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:59 am 

He gave a slow nod

''Very well...'' and idea seemed to come to his mind but he did not voice it

''Have you made your mask already, Agasha-sama?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:02 am 

"Not yet, but I have some ideas," she mused. It wasn't yet part of her way of thinking that one should buy the most shiny and most decorated mask, rather than having one that was stylishly made to accompany the attire.

"Now I am curious as to why you're asking," Utsusemi chuckled in a friendly tone. "Unless you are merely providing pleasant conversation of interest to an old woman like me."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:07 am 

''A mantis cannot be curious?'' he replied with a chuckle, holding his head high ''I am simply still wondering what to wear''

''And you certainly are not an old woman, Agasha-sama''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:17 am 

"Ah well, I sometimes do feel old compared to you youngsters, considering the different points in life we are at," she laughed with good humour. "And it was amusing the other day when one of the locals called me grandmother because of the hair. Nothing I was offended about, really, though I will certainly remember that."

Still, it was nothing to dwell on right now.

"Are you familiar yet with the kind of parties they have here on the island?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next