Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 5 of 6 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: [D9EM] In Case Of Fire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:00 am 

Kenzo's deep brown eyes grew more serious, although not a bit of the warmth in them faded. As Utsu pushed her bowl away, his near arm slid around her waist. "And I don't know what I'd do if something happened to you." He leaned towards her, his lips planting a kiss on the side of her head. "I most earnestly hope that I shall never have to find out."

A smile returned to his lips as he looked at her. "But perhaps someday you'll have to show me what you can do with that naginata of yours." He said, his tone growing lightly playful once more. "I've told you that I enjoy watching you... hmmm." He frowned a moment, searching for the term. "Display excellence, perhaps? When you create art, or make tea, or even just cut yams, you always seem to impress me, somehow. Seeing you show me a naginata form would be a real treat."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:21 am 

She didn't dare say it, but she worried more about what could happen to him when they returned home. What would happen to the 'us' they had made. It was painful to think of, but for his own sake, she might need to push him away... like she pushed Sanjuro away when he confessed to her back in Dragon's Guard City.

Utsusemi couldn't bear to think of hurting him as well.

"... Oh?" she smiled, her eyes demurely lowered as she leaned against him. It was easier to not show what she was thinking about when she couldn't see Kenzo's eyes. "I'm not very good, but maybe... we could practice together? Honestly, I never really had any practice with the martial arts when I was younger, and the Naginata I've only tried to learn since Hotaru-chan gave it as a wedding gift to me, insisting it was a suitable weapon for a samurai wife." The memory made her chuckle.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:37 am 

Kenzo had been watching Utsu for some time. On and off, for five years, he'd been a guest in her home, seen the interplay between her and her husband. He'd begun to pick up on the little things, unconsciously if not consciously, the signs that not all was right between them. Perhaps it was this that, when Utsu lowered her eyes, gave Kenzo the slightest uneasy feeling.

But it wasn't enough. Kenzo smiled, tightening his arm around her as she leaned against him. "What a gift." he chuckled softly. "I do think I would enjoy meeting your sister someday. Perhaps if we take that trip to Crane lands you mentioned. We could gift her one of the turtles I smuggle in."

"Would you like to practice together?" He tilted his head forward, trying to meet her eyes. "I would enjoy that. You could show me some naginata moves. I could show you some katana moves, if you don't think your father's head would explode from his daughter learning from a Mirumoto." He grinned.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:48 am 

The mention of the turtles made her chuckle, but the idea of what her father would say to her learning from a Mirumoto made her laugh earnestly. "Oh... it might just happen," Utsusemi snickered, meeting Kenzo's gaze. There was something picking at her, but it was hard to place.

"Though I would be sorely tempted to want to see his reaction if I were to tell him that," she grinned playfully. "Hmm... but who knows, maybe he has mellowed out in the years I've been married. It's been a while since I've seen him, after all."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:01 am 

Kenzo joined in her laughter. It was easy to do, after all. "Well, I should not want to be responsible for your father exciting himself into injury." Kenzo said, mock-seriously, his eyes still dancing with laughter as they met hers. "Perhaps we had best keep it our secret, then."

His eyebrows went up as she went on. "You think so?" Kenzo shrugged, uncertain. "I suppose one can hope. A lot can change in a few years." Or even less time.

Kenzo gave her a gentle squeeze, his voice growing softer. "When did you last get to see them. Did they visit you? I can't recall..."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:09 am 

"Mother visited when I was expecting Yoshi, and stayed until he was born, but I haven't seen her since." Her arm moved around him instinctively, hugging him closer. "... It really has been some time since I've seen them all. I've been busy, they've been busy..."

Utsusemi gave a silent sigh, but Kenzo could feel how her body moved with it. "We keep in touch with letters, all of us, but it takes time for even those to travel from Crane lands all the way to Agasha lands. I do miss them... or rather, all of us being together like it used to be."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:25 am 

Kenzo inched closer as he felt Utsu's arm tighten on him. And, in turn, his tightened around her as he felt her sigh. Once more, he turned to kiss the side of her head. "That seems a long time..." He murmured sympathetically. And with that familiar hint of wistfulness; after all, his own mother had been gone almost the same length of time, beyond the reach of any letters.

"Mmm." Gently, his arm around her moved, stroking her back as he so often did. "I think I understand that." He said, his voice soft. "We can't go back to the past..." The faintest exhale of breath there, not quite a sigh.

As usual, Kenzo brightened almost immediately. "But the future can still be hoped for." He said. "Perhaps next year things will have settled enough to travel. To see how things have changed. Perhaps you'll be pleasantly surprised."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:32 am 

"Mmm, I hope so," feeling his kiss made her smile, and the other arm came around to trap him completely in a hug.

Utsusemi shifted slightly, so she was able to kiss him on his cheek in return. "But I hope for a lot for the future... your happiness being one of them, Kenzo." This time she sought his gaze. "No matter what happens when we return home, I want you at least to be happy."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:48 am 

Feeling Utsu's other arm come around him, Kenzo couldn't help but laugh. Being with her like this brought him so much joy it seemed to overflow. He grinned as her soft lips found his cheek.

His eyes met hers, wide and warm. And open. His expression grew more serious at the seeming significance of her words. "That means a lot to me, Utsusemi." He said, his voice soft. His lips pursed a moment as he considered her words. "But I want you to be happy, too." He said. "Indeed, I think the one has become dependent on the other." He smiled, but his eyes, though still warm, were serious.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:14 am 

"I know, and I feel the same way, but... we have to be prepared that the future might not hold room for us to be together." Her voice was tinged with sadness.

"... at least, not like this."

Utsusemi held him tightly, as if it might be her last chance to do so.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:14 pm 

"Yes." Kenzo sighed. "I know. Living with you like this has been a beautiful dream. I recognize that we have to wake up sometime."

After a moment, he went on. "I will always be your hero, Utsusemi. If that means being with you, I will do it. If that means being apart..." He trailed off, unwilling to finish the sentence.

His arms tightened around her, holding her to him fiercely. "But it also means that I'll never give up on you. On us. Not ever." His voice was a whisper, but firm.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:27 pm 

Even thinking about being apart was painful, but it was the harsh reality that existed outside of this place. One she knew they both had to face sooner rather than later.

"... I will never forget this, or give up my love for you," Utsusemi's voice broke as she felt tears pressing on. "Even if we're apart, you'll always be with me, Kenzo. You've been more than just my hero, you know - you've made me stronger, and have helped me be more accepting of myself."

Perhaps she could return home a better woman, someone who could be a better rolemodel for her children. Especially her daughter, as Utsusemi had come to realise she didn't want her beloved girl to grow up to merely live to be the perfect daughter, and later the perfect wife.

"I love you. Nothing will ever change that."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:47 pm 

Kenzo was strong, but he had his limits. And when he heard Utsusemi's voice begin to break, he suddenly found that he had a lump in his throat that he couldn't swallow. He hugged her almost desperately, one hand sliding up to entwine in her lovely white hair.

"Utsusemi." He said, his voice a hoarse whisper. "I love you. If we cannot be like this..." And he still clung to that if like a drowning man, "-I promise I'll never forget that you love me. And that I love you. No matter what happens. Or how our love has helped both of us to grow."

He pulled back, just enough to meet her eyes. His eyes were wide, brimming over with feeling, tears threatening to spring forth. And yet, there was a smile on his lips, albeit a slight one. "But the future is uncertain, and it isn't here yet. I won't let my worries for the future take my enjoyment of the present, here with you."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:55 pm 

Seeing the tears filling his eyes as well was like a knife in her heart, and her hold on him easened to allow for her hands to cup around his face.

"As always, you manage to see today for the gift it is, rather than looking to the uncertain future with dread like I've become accustomed to," Utsusemi smiled weakly and lifted his face into a deep and loving kiss. While they had certainly shared many passionate kisses, this was a kiss of pure and unconditional love.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:30 pm 

In truth, Kenzo could not completely banish his worries, not on his own. But Utsu's hands on his face helped, and the kiss dispelled the rest. Kenzo met her lips eagerly. The pureness of it, their love made tangible through the kiss, seemed to purify Kenzo's soul, the last of his fears banished. When they parted, his eyes were still full, but his smile was wide, genuine.

Laughing softly, Kenzo brushed the back of his hand across his eyes. "As so often happens, your words have affected me, Utsusemi. Your words and your actions." He leaned forward, lips brushing across hers, a brief extension of the kiss they'd just shared.

"Well!" He said, cheerful again. "Perhaps some tea? That would be a perfect end to our breakfast, I think."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:57 pm 

Her own worries were not dispelled, but they had been pushed away for now. At least it seemed that they both understood the situation once they left this place...

"Yes," Utsusemi smiled. "I think some relaxing tea now is just what we both need. And I did promise a proper Doji tea ceremony, no?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:38 pm 

"Indeed!" Kenzo said brightly. "As much fondness as I have for the Mirumoto style-" He winked, "-the Doji style sounds perfect right now."

Kenzo straightened, sitting up, his expression interested. Watching Utsu perform the tea ceremony was always a treat.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:41 pm 

The wink made her blush slightly as she smiled, and she began the process of preparing tea.

Unlike the Dragon who often practised meditation in the morning, or so Utsusemi believed from what she had seen, she preferred to start the day with the serenity of a proper tea ceremony instead. It was something that could be shared, and it had the benefit of something refreshing to drink as well.

Perhaps it was just the distance from Rokugani culture, or the emotions between the two of them, but it was as if her skill with the tea ceremony had become even more pleasing to the senses. She could have served him the cheapest tea on the island, and it still would have felt heavenly in the way it was prepared. Because tea was more than just hot leaf juice, after all.

---

D9 EM Tea Ceremony with Kenzo (2 VP back). TN 15: 8d10o10k3 43

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:20 pm 

The blush made Kenzo smile playfully, but it was quickly forgotten as she began to work.

Kenzo almost found himself holding his breath as he watched her. She always performed the ceremony with such grace, effortless and otherwise, he knew. But this time was special.

Perhaps it was love.

Taking the cup carefully with both hands, Kenzo gave a seated bow. "Thank you. Utsusemi." He said, his tongue seeming to caress her name as he spoke it. Almost reverently, he took a small sip of the tea, smiling as he felt it refresh him. Truly, leaf juice and hot water combined to make more than the sum of their parts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:04 pm 

Utsusemi bowed after he accepted the cup. "Please enjoy, Kenzo," while there was no special connection to using his name, like it was for him to use hers, she seemed to say his name with love and caring.

"I hope it makes you feel ready to face the day?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 5 of 6 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next