Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 6 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: [D9EM] In Case Of Fire
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:14 am 

Kenzo paused a moment, stepping over to stir the porridge a bit. "Something like that." He said. As he walked back, he let a hand drift out to gently brush down her back, half reassurance, half affection. "I hardly know that much about it, myself. We'll work together to discover it." He gave her a firm nod, smiling. "Just like a joint research project."

His smile grew fond. "And I do like your cooking." Kenzo said, truthfully if ignorantly. "You always seem to make it with such thoughtfulness."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:24 am 

Utsusemi's chuckle was breathy and pleasant. "Hmm... I do not think I've ever been part of a join research project before. Sounds a little more exciting and professional than just 'learning to cook', when you put it that way."

For the moment, she busied herself with cleaning the knife and cutting board.

"... Thank you," her eyes lowered, but the smile was sincere. "I just want to give it my best, since it is for you..."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:50 am 

"In fact, neither have I." Kenzo admitted. "I always preferred to work alone."

Kenzo's face flushed just a little at those words, at that smile. "Utsusemi..." He murmured. He looked at her, smiling warmly, his cheeks still gently flushed. His hand reached out, gently taking hers.

"Well then, it's decided. We'll cook breakfast together, starting tomorrow." His eyebrows went up. "Actually, starting the day after tomorrow. Tomorrow I get another chance to pleasantly surprise you, we agreed."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:59 am 

Her fingers carefully interlaced with his as their hands came together.

"We agreed, yes," she nodded, exhaling pleasantly as she lifted their hands to give a small kiss to the back of Kenzo's hand. "Seems like tomorrow is going to be all sorts of surprises; breakfast, formal wear, and masks. Is there anything else you want me to help with for the masquerade?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:20 am 

Kenzo smiled, his eyes lighting up at her words, and the touch of her lips. Their fingers still entwined, his thumb began to rub gently against her hand. "Yes, it will." His smile was pleased, indeed. "But no, I don't think I shall need any help. I've practiced a bit with the more fiddly parts..." His lips pressed together. "But you'll get no more hints out of me." He teased.

His head tilted as he regarded her curiously. "What about you? Some of the women's fashions here seemed rather..." He paused, searching for the right word. "-elaborate." His eyebrows went up. "Will you need any help with anything?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:26 am 

"Darn," Utsusemi muttered when he refused to elaborate further about his attire for the party, grinning playfully as she did. Though it soon turned contemplative.

"Hmmm... the only time I've worn it before I had help from Berena. Maybe I should ask her about it." While she was used to getting ready without help when wearing her Rokugani clothes, even the extravagant outfits, this might be a different matter entirely. Besides, it would take away a little bit of the magic if he had to help her get dressed, she felt.

"But I will probably need some help with it after the party," teeth brushed against her lower lip as she looked down with a bashful smile.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:40 am 

"Ah, good idea." Kenzo nodded agreeably. Indeed, he thought it might be more enjoyable if they didn't see each other until they were both fully dressed.

It was her next line that really got his attention, though. As well as the way she gently bit her lower lip, and her bashful smile. "Ooh." Kenzo murmured. He couldn't help but step closer, his body gently brushing against hers. "I would be more than happy to assist." His brown eyes seemed to glint at her, a playful smile on his lips.

His head tilted to the side as a thought suddenly occurred. "Oh. Actually, there is something I could use your help with. And it wouldn't spoil any surprise." He smiled. "Do you think you could help to brush my hair in the morning? I've been trying." And indeed, it showed; his hair looked rather nice these last few weeks. "But I can't manage it so well as you did."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:47 am 

The playfulness in his eyes was the reaction she hoped for, and the smile changed to a happy grin. "I will look forward to your assistance then..." she murmured, leaning a little closer too.

They were almost equal in height, but the way Utsusemi tipped her head slightly down made it so that she looked up at Kenzo when he made his request. "Hm? Why, of course. I would be more than happy to." Her free hand reached up to his hair, brushing over his dark locks lovingly. "I've noticed you've been taking better care of it... it looks nice, but sometimes I do miss the scruffy-looking style you so often have had before."

She laughed softly. "Although, when it's smoother, you look much more like the scoundrel you are."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:59 am 

"Do you?" Kenzo's eyebrows went up, just a little. This close together, his hands naturally came to gently rest on Utsu's waist. He smiled as she touched his hair. "Well, you rather present me with a dilemma. I'll have to meditate on that. The new way, or the old way?"

He leaned a little closer, his hands tightening on her waist. "But for tomorrow, I think it should be well-brushed. When I surprise you, I should really be looking my best." He dipped his head, his lips finding hers in a tender kiss.

The pot began to boil again, a little too wildly, bubbles forming under the porridge. It was, however, just about done.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:07 am 

"I anticipate the moment I'll see you at the party then with baited breath," Utsusemi's voice dropped a little lower before their lips met and her arms moved to wrap around him in a gentle embrace. Though the moment was a little ruined with the sound from the food demanding attention, and she chuckled sweetly over it as they parted.

"Guess it's time for breakfast then?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:20 am 

As soon as they parted, Kenzo was laughing softly. He let his forehead rest against hers for just a moment before he released her, and stepped away. "I suppose it is." He said, shaking his head ruefully as he stepped to the pot. A bit of stirring, and he gave it a nod. "Yes, definitely."

Grabbing the poker, Kenzo spread out the coals, letting the fire build back down. That done, he grabbed a serving bowl and ladle, and began to transfer the porridge from the pot to the bowl. He looked over at Utsu, smiling. "Would you like to go have a seat? I can bring the food in for us in a minute."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:28 am 

Utsusemi watched as Kenzo beat her to the punch with the last that needed to be done, and sighed with an amused expression. "Fine, fine," she chuckled warmly, turning to go to the common room as she looked over her shoulder at him once more. "... Sure you don't need a hand with anything?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:41 am 

Kenzo's expression turned thoughtful as he continued to ladle porridge into the serving bowl. "I think I've got everything. I'll be out momentarily, I promise."

"Although..." His lips curled up into a smile. "If you could make the tea, I should be most grateful. That's one area I think I'll never be your equal in." His smile became a smirk. "Although I do still have my special Mirumoto technique to fall back on, there."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:52 am 

"Ah," Utsusemi nodded. "Of course. If you wish, I would be more than happy to start the day with the more traditional Doji technique when it comes to tea, after we have eaten. It's not as... bare essentials, as the Mirumoto style, but I think you will like it."

Her smile was perfectly innocent, of course.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:03 am 

Kenzo, not quite as controlled as Utsu, couldn't help but snort laughter at the words 'bare essentials'. "I'm sure I will, Utsu." He said, grinning. "Although I do have a certain fondness for the Mirumoto style."

He rose, carrying the full bowl of porridge. "In fact, I'm all ready now. If you'll just wait a moment, then, we can walk out together." He went back to the large table, setting the bowl on a tray with the fish and utensils. Lifting the tray, then, he swept over to Utsu, smiling. "Shall we, then?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:22 am 

"As do I," Utsusemi agreed with a fond smile. At least it wasn't so cold to practice the Mirumoto style here as it had been back in Rokugan before they left.

She waited patiently for him, and once he had everything gathered together she nodded. "Yes." Another smile was cast in his direction over her shoulder as they stepped out of the kitchen and to the common room. "You might spoil me if you make a habit of this and your promised breakfast tomorrow."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:41 am 

"Oh." Kenzo's return smile was playful, his chin tilting upwards. "Good." He nodded confidently. "I think it's for the best. You deserve to be spoiled, at least a little, from time to time."

He carried the tray over to the table, setting it down. After a quick glance at Utsu, he continued in his role as host, laying everything out for each of them. He waited for her to be seated before seating himself.

"Especially with how hard you've been working lately." His eyes were a little concerned as he looked at her. He'd managed to cheer her up that night some weeks ago, but he suspected the underlying issues might still remain.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:49 am 

"Do I?" she chuckled with some surprise.

Utsusemi seated herself down in seiza, her movements fluid and elegant even when they were both in private and still dressed down so casually. A hand moved over her lap instinctively, smoothing out the wrinkles in her sleeping clothes... it seemed like she hardly registered herself that she was doing it.

His concerned look made her a little more self-aware though. "It's been good to keep myself focused on the work," she tried to reassure him, "it's... something different, demanding in a different way than my duties at home are."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:21 am 

Kenzo settled himself more casually, relying on his natural grace. It helped, but couldn't match Utsu's combination of natural and practiced grace. "Yes, you do." He said, playful but firm. "As your hero, I feel it is my job to do so, from time to time."

The assurances were more than enough. Kenzo smiled, his head briefly bobbing acknowledgement, apology. "Yes. I can't say that I had a normal settled routine back in Rokugan. And yet, I still feel as if this is a pleasant change in it nonetheless."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:38 pm 

"Very well, my hero, I will bow to your superior judgement," Utsusemi followed up his playful tone with another chuckle.

She picked up her chopsticks as the breakfast was spread out.

"...Hmm, I suppose your routines back home usually are a bit less structured, yes," she mused, "but... it might change if you take on a more active yojimbo role?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 3 of 6 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next