Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 4 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: A Candle By The Window (D9, EN)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:46 am 

"Then don't push yourself," Utsusemi chuckled softly and leaned her forehead against his. "You've been my support all these times, Kenzo... but let me be the one to be your support now. You don't have to smile if you're feeling sad. Just... allow yourself to feel what you feel."

Sadness tinted her own smile. "I know how bad it can be to lock it all up."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:14 am 

Kenzo couldn't help but smile warmly, genuinely, as she leaned her forehead against his. The mutual support of the gesture grew with each repetition. It had become their gesture, that they used to show love for each other.

"Oh." Kenzo said softly, his eyes going wide. His hand around her waist came up to gently brush across her cheek, back into her hair. "Yes. I suppose you would, wouldn't you." He said softly. Strangely, that seemed to make him feel better.

After a moment, he began. "Utsusemi..." His hand stroked across her cheek a second time. "Most of me is still optimistic, I think. But there is a part of me that worries... and right now, that part of me thinks that a future without you in it is a bleak one."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:28 am 

"Kenzo..." she breathed his name with tenderness, swallowing that she knew there was a small chance for any future for them. Utsusemi knew he didn't need the harsh truth now, but... lies would only tear them down.

"Even if we're not together, I do want you to be in my life. Because before we were lovers, you were my friend, and that will never change... I refuse to never see my dear friend again. My beloved friend who makes my children smile and laugh in amazement at the stories and drawings you bring with you." Her eyes closed as she smiled, staying near him in their gesture of love and trust, willing herself to stay strong for him now.

Just please, don't make me choose between my children and you, Kenzo... I must stay, for their sake.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:58 am 

Kenzo smiled at her words, but his forehead was still creased, concern lines etched across it. "I want that very much too, Utsu." He said, his voice soft. "Your children bring me joy too, you know. I look forward to seeing them."

The creases deepened, his smile fading just a little. "But... part of me wants more than that. Will always want more than that. I'm sorry." His voice dropped to a whisper at that. His eyes closed. "I don't mean to... I'll always love you, Utsu. And I want that to be a comfort to you."

Softly, he smiled. "Just... remind me again that you'll always love me? I think I very much need to hear that, just now."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:08 am 

"Shh... don't be sorry." She hushed gently, her hand moving from his chin to caress his cheek lovingly.

"Always," Utsusemi smiled, opening her eyes again to meet his gaze. "I will always love you, Kenzo. Nothing can change that." To enforce the meaning of her words, the hands cupped around his face brought his lips to hers in a gentle kiss.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:34 am 

At the touch of Utsu's hand on his cheek, the creases faded. Her words made him smile, his eyes lighting up. And finally, her kiss soothed him entirely.

"Utsusemi..." He said softly. "Thank you. I very much needed that. Need you, right now. I..." He shook his head, unable to find the words. Instead, he leaned forward, kissing her again, as tenderly as the first time.

"Utsu..." He hesitated, biting his lip. "Do you think I would be a good father?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:26 pm 

"Yes, I think you would be a good father," her voice on the other hand was certain and comforting, providing a contrast to Kenzo's hesitations and doubts.

Utsusemi's smile curved into a playful smile. "... Given you won't be too distracted by squirrels or red racoons, yes, I think you would be a good father to your children."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:36 pm 

Kenzo first smiled, then laughed softly at her joke. "Well..." He said, smiling faintly. "Squirrels certainly. If we spot a red raccoon, hopefully their mother can keep an eye on them." His eyes glinted humorously at her.

The smile faded as, just for a moment, he tried to imagine this as of yet theoretical mother. His mind shied away from the task before he even began, knowing that the imagining could only hurt him. If only things had been different...

Kenzo chuckled again. His arm slipped down to Utsu's back, squeezing her gently. "You really do know how to make me feel happy again, Utsu." He said. His voice seemed to be steadily regaining its usual vigor and warmth.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:03 pm 

She sighed, though more happily this time, as she leaned forward to rest her head on his shoulder. "Mmm... I'm glad I can make you feel better. Considering all the times you've been there for me, I'm more than happy to be your support as well, Kenzo."

Similarly to him, Utsusemi was trying not to think of any child or children they might have had, had life turned out differently. And even if it were to happen... she dreaded to think what her husband might say, or do.

"I finished your mask, by the way."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:14 pm 

Kenzo smiled. As Utsu leaned against him, his hand began to stroke down her back, again and again, the familiar gesture reassuring him as much as he hope it did her. "You already do so much for me." Kenzo said softly. "It seems almost too much for you to be my support, too." Gently, he kissed the top of her head. "But I'm very glad that you are." He whispered.

"Oh, you did?" Kenzo grinned down at her. It seemed that the worst of things was over; except for being a little more pale and quiet than usual, he was back to his usual self. "I should very much like to see it. Believe me, I haven't forgotten about tomorrow." He said, his smile growing playful, his eyes intent.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:27 pm 

"It's not too much, don't worry about that," Utsusemi protested with some concern for him. She didn't want him to shut off his worries and fears from her just because he didn't want to burden her.

She shifted slightly, head turning to look at the three masks she had completed. With some reluctance, she untangled herself from their embrace temporarily, retrieving the mask she had made for Kenzo before returning to the comfort of his arms. Her hands held up the mask for him to see.

His mention of a colour-palette of green and brown, as well as knowing his love of nature, she had incorporated it into the design and colours (bottom mask).

---

D9 Making mask. Soul of Artistry: Artisan: Mask-making/Awa. +1k1 Void. 2 raises. TN 30: 6d10o10k5 35

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:46 pm 

Kenzo shook his head, smiling. "I won't. I promise." Kenzo knew that Utsu had burdens of her own. But he also knew that she was strong. "I rather like that we can each support the other when we need it."

It was just as reluctantly that Kenzo untangled his limbs from Utsu, although his curiosity was great. Still, he gave a happy laugh as she returned to his embrace moments later, his arms giving her a brief squeeze, before he leaned back to see her handiwork.

"Oh. Oh my." Kenzo's lips slowly curled upwards as he admired the mask. The colors naturally suited him, even before considering the color of his gaijin formal-wear, and the natural lines of it very much appealed to him. "Yes, this is very fine indeed. Marvelous." He grinned at her, clearly pleased.

"You shall have to tell me how it looks." His hands on her briefly shifted, hesitated. Then, with a smile, Kenzo leaned forward, tilting his chin upwards, in clear invitation for her to try the mask on him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:13 pm 

Seeing him pleased with it made Utsusemi feel a little more at ease. "You like it? I'm glad," she chuckled warmly. At his invitation to try it on him, she smiled with some anticipation as she helped to carefully place it on his face.

She looked at him appraisingly. Still, she knew she could have made it fancier, but Kenzo had wanted it a little more humbler than hers... and she had followed his wishes.

"It looks nice on you," her lips rolled against eachother as she took in the sight of him in a mask. "Goes well with your eyes."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:30 pm 

Kenzo did his best to keep his face steady as Utsu placed the mask on it. Well, mostly; he couldn't help kissing her hand when it drew close to his lips.

"My eyes?" Kenzo laughed softly. But indeed, his eyes, warm and alive were emphasized by the color and shape of the mask. The relative humbleness of it matched well with his rustic charm. And his scoundrel nature, of course.

"As always," Kenzo said, inclining his head with a grin, "I shall trust your judgement. For myself, I can say that it looks amazing, and feels pleasant on my face." His eyebrows went up, visible only by the motion of his scalp. "May I see yours as well?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:00 am 

The little kiss on her hand made Utsusemi giggle softly, and she secured the mask in place with the deep green ribbon attached to it. "It does certainly bring out your roguish charm," she teased warmly.

"Hm... alright." Even if it meant she had to leave his side again to fetch her own mask.

The colour-palette was gold, bronze, and brown; the surface had been made to resemble a dragon's scales and the sides had fin-like wings.

Placing it upon her face, she turned to let Kenzo get a good look at its draconic majesty. "What do you think?"

---

Image isn't completely accurate right now, but closest to what I have in my head at the moment. xD
D9 Making mask. Soul of Artistry: Artisan: Mask-making/Awa. +1k1 Void. 3 raises. TN 35: 6d10o10k5 53

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:34 am 

"Good. That's one of my best features." Kenzo said, his eyes following her as she moved back to the table. Still physically and emotionally drained, he didn't rise himself, although he straightened, rising to his full kneeling height.

He was glad he did a moment later as Utsu turned. The mask she wore was magnificent. Somehow it seemed to both emphasize her Crane beauty, while being clearly reminiscent of Dragon. And though it covered a good portion of her face, it did not hide her eyes.

Kenzo gave a low seated bow. His expression was serious, but his brown eyes were alight. "Marvelous, Utsu. It suits you very well indeed." As he straightened, his lips curled upwards into a playful smile. "You should come closer. I would love to examine it more carefully."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:08 am 

"Thank you," she smiled with a light blush on her cheeks, partially concealed by the mask, a little touched at how serious Kenzo was praising her.

Then he bade her to come closer, and that seemed more like the Kenzo that Utsusemi knew. Smiling, she shifted close to him again, hands brushing over his arms. "You are now my biggest critic, after all, Kenzo. So I will take your words very seriously."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:32 am 

"Am I?" Kenzo grinned at her. His arms slid easily around her waist, gently pulling her against him. "If that's so, I shall make sure to choose my words very carefully."

"I love my mask." He said. "And yours is magnificent. I feel that they suit us well, just like the bird of the sky, and the bird of the water." He smiled. "I am glad to see yours closer. It is quite lovely up close." His eyes flickered down to her lips. "But I'll admit that, once again, I had an ulterior motive."

Gently, so as not to risk damaging her work, Kenzo pressed his lips to hers. There was passion, but restrained, giving just a hint of desire while promising more later.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:48 am 

She was going to say something along the lines of I'm not a bird, but a mighty dragon, and maybe say like a cute rawr that Tsumugi would do when she said that she was a Dragon, but Utsusemi wasn't too terribly upset that her plans were interrupted by Kenzo's kiss.

Passion was of course something she had for him, and she could sense his as well, but her own feelings were more warm and loving. Considering what he had said about the words he had been told by the ghostly apparition pretending to be his mother, it was not something she wished to press on him tonight. "Then I hope you will enjoy the rest of my ensemble for tomorrow... you are the one I want to impress the most for the occassion, after all," she whispered as their lips parted slowly.

"... Would you care for more to drink? It's called port, a gift from the Governor of the western port. Or should I heat up the bathwater I mentioned earlier?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:04 am 

The kiss lingered, Kenzo's lips tugging gently on Utsu's lower one as they parted. He was far too drained to express his desire for her any further. Nevertheless, his breath caught as her whisper sent a little thrill through him. "Mmm." Kenzo murmured at her words. "Than we shall both have to see what we can do to impress each other. Tomorrow." He said. His voice was rough, his eyes alight. It was a promise he intended to keep. "I can hardly wait."

"Oh." Kenzo blinked, flashing Utsu a grateful smile. "Hmmm." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Perhaps a little... port, you said?" He did not say the word as smoothly as she had, being unfamiliar with the language. "I rather enjoy it." His lips twisted. "After the day I had, I think that if you put me in warm water, I'll promptly fall asleep. Leaving you to carry me to bed, I suppose."

Page 2 of 4 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next