Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 4 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: A Candle By The Window (D9, EN)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:10 am 

"Hmm... while I do want you to relax, it might be a bit too difficult for me to carry you to bed," Utsusemi chuckled thoughtfully, and reached for the bottle. It wasn't really meant to be poured into cups, but she had not bothered to acquire the gaijin-styled goblets that were more suited for their drinks.

"I think it's rather nice too. A little stronger than most of what I'm used to, but the fruity flavour hides it well." She poured as she spoke, passing the first cup to him. Her fingers lingered on his as the cup changed hands, as did her eyes - both with quiet adoration and affection. "I wonder what sort of other drinks they might serve tomorrow for the festivities... do you know, perhaps?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:23 am 

As their fingers brushed together, Kenzo shot Utsu a smile. The look in her hazel eyes as they lingered on him made him flush, just a little. His own eyes were soft and warm as they gazed back at her. It was not just the big gestures that mattered. The little ways in which she showed her love for him truly made him happy; he could only hope she saw the same in the things he did.

Kenzo had scarcely bothered to taste the port as he drank it before. He did so now, taking a careful sip, his eyebrows going up. "Hmmm. Yes. And it's sweeter than I expected. Rather pleasant." Idly, he let his free hand rest on her knee, palm up, an obvious invitation.

His expression when thoughtfully distant at her question. "The night that I got to see that giant turtle, Gusai-sama took Matsu-sama and I to a... I'm not sure what you would call it. They offered tastings of their wine, made from grapes. Port seems to be a variety of that..." He shrugged. "In any case, they offered us a red one, a white one, and even a pink one. Perhaps more like that?" He shrugged again.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:29 am 

The invitation was noted and accepted, so after pouring for herself, Utsusemi slid her hand into his palm and let her fingers curl gently around Kenzo's hand.

"Hm... I haven't tried any of those, apart from the red. At least, on two occassions it has been something red that is from grapes, I've been told," she said, taking a small sip of the port. "What were they like? The white and pink, I mean."

When she heard white, she thought it was actually white like the colour of white, rather than the actual colour of what was called blanca for wines.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:39 am 

As he gently squeezed Utsu's hand, Kenzo took another sip of the port. It was strong. Too much, and Utsu really would have to carry him to bed. He resolved to go slowly.

"Hmmm..." As he sought the words to describe it, Kenzo's thumb began to gently stroke her hand again. "I would say it goes from weakest to strongest. Or perhaps that's not it? Maybe it's more like sake. White seemed more like the clearest of sake, while red had a more bitter flavor, and felt thicker somehow, like pearl sake. The pink was somewhere in-between. And indeed, the white was an almost clear liquid."

He chuckled softly as he took another careful sip. "It was an interesting group to try it with. I'm not sure that Matsu-sama actually liked any of them. I suppose he was willing to try."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:46 am 

"Matsu Yasuhiro willingly trying out gaijin drinks? Well, I have seen him eat at Matsu Tonkatsu, so I suppose I shouldn't be too shocked," Utsusemi snorted briefly with some snark for the Lion samurai. Judging by how openly she said what was on her mind, it was fair to guess that she had been drinking some of the port before Kenzo came back.

Her own fingers caressed his hand in response to his touch.

"Hm? So white is clear, and not white? Interesting... but, which one did you like the best?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:46 am 

Kenzo snorted surprised laughter of his own at Utsu's display of snark. "Oh, really? I ate there the other night. I'd have been surprised to see him there, too." His lips twisted. "I hope you didn't find the tea too disappointing."

The feeling of her fingers on his was as intoxicating as the port. Kenzo smiled at her, his eyes suddenly catching the little signs. He enjoyed graceful Utsu, protective Utsu, competent Utsu... tipsy Utsu was a treat as well, he decided.

"Yes... it's closest to a translucent yellow, I'd say. But as to which one..." He pursed his lips thoughtfully. "Of those, the white was my favorite, but I think I prefer this port." He swirled it around in the glass, smiling at her. "That may be the company, though. I'd take you over Matsu Yasuhiro any day of the week." He grinned. "Or anyone, for that matter."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:57 am 

Her expression sobered, and she looked at him with deadly seriousness... which was only enhanced by the dragon-like mask she wore. "That was not tea. Calling it tea is an insult to tea." Utsusemi looked very much like a cat that had been insulted by being offered something that it had believed to be food, only to discover it was something not-food.

Though her expression soon softened, as she wasn't in a state to maintain such seriousness easily. "But the food was good. Was the first proper meal I had on the island... so I suppose I should factor in that hunger makes for the best sauce."

"I'd certainly hope you'd choose me over any Matsu," she chuckled warmly, sipping her own port. "I know I would. Maybe that's why the hot leaf juice at Matsu Tonkatsu was so terrible... because the company was so poor."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:28 am 

"Errr..." Kenzo's eyebrows went up at the sudden fierce Dragon-lady that he faced. "Of course not. Perish the thought." He murmured softly.

"I liked the food, too, and that was after a few nights. But yes!" Kenzo grinned. "Hot leaf juice. That's just the term for it. I think I may have become rather spoiled after living with you... but I don't think I would ever have found that good."

He gave her a soft smile. "And good company does make quite the difference." He lifted her hand to his lips, kissing it softly, his eyes on hers.

As he lowered it to her lap once more, his eyebrows went up. "Goodness, I don't think I ever asked what sort of day you had." He shook his head. "Would you tell me?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:41 am 

His grin was infectious, and Utsusemi soon found herself grinning too, even more so as he kissed her hand.

"My day? Not that exciting, really," she giggled softly, taking another sip of port. It was just so rich in its flavour, and after the first drink, it was just so easy to continue drinking.

"Worked on the masks, and painted some gifts too, for the Governors. Hmm... had you been home earlier, I could have shown them to you. But I think you would have liked one of them at least, since it had turtles," Utsusemi teased him in a friendly manner. "Talked with Gusai-san. He thinks that he could help me spread Rokugani art a bit more on the island, as I think he said that the locals are interested in paying for it. I don't really like the thought of selling art, but... well, that's how are things are done here, it seems."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:54 am 

Kenzo sighed pleasantly, now quite at ease. The feeling of Utsu's hand in his was a pleasant one, as was the sensation of their knees resting together. His eyes were warm, watching her smile, hearing her giggle. The terrible events of the day, if not forgotten, at least were unable to touch him now.

Kenzo laughed softly. "You're right. I really would have liked that one." Her teasing made him smile.

"Hmmm." Kenzo pursed his lips. "I... understand your concern." Indeed, he wasn't quite sure how he felt about it; her art was all so distinctly her, after all. "As you say, though, that's how things are done. Maybe something needs a price to be valued here, in a way? I'm not sure." He shrugged.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:10 pm 

"Mhm, something like that, I think. Back home, it's a prestige to be gifted artwork from an accomplished artisan, here it's prestige to have enough wealth to procure art from far away. Or that is how it seems to me," she murmured, looking down into her cup.

"I suppose I should not mind too terribly, since Gusai-san offered to handle the commerce-side of things. Who knows, maybe we'll get something neat in return for it that I can bring back home," Utsusemi suggested with a hopeful smile. She still hadn't heard back from Bellena about the exchange for knowledge, so she figured she might have to do that herself in the coming days. Belle probably had a lot on her plate these days.

The liquid in her cup was drained and the empty cup placed upon the table. "So... what did you think of Bellena's handsome love?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:39 pm 

The hopeful smile on Utsu's face led rather naturally to one on Kenzo's as well. "When you put it that way, it sounds like an even better idea. Cultural exchange." He gave an easy nod. The fact that Susumu would hand the money was also good, Kenzo thought.

Following Utsu's example, Kenzo, tilted his glass back, draining the rest of it before setting it on the table. That made him slow to respond to Utsu's question; he did a double-take. "Her... oh my." Kenzo grinned. "I didn't realize that's who he was. Well well." He chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm pleased to know a little about her romantic life." Turnabout was, after all, fair play.

He was silent a moment, considering. "I think he'll do well for her. Intelligent and thoughtful... but a bit of a sense of humor. That's important, I think."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:52 pm 

Utsusemi's giggle was sweet and girlish. Seems the port was really doing a number on her, but she had always been light-weight when it came to drinking, and the port was stronger than regular sake. "Oh, I thought you knew too... but yes, I agree! He seems smart and funny, which is good for her."

"Although..." she leaned closer to him, looking like she was about to kiss him as she grew closer. Until sudden and inevitable betrayal! Kenzo could feel her hand on his chest, and with a push she took advantage of the momentum of surprise to knock him down on his back. "... And that's for the remark about my sweet tooth cravings." She giggled triumphantly, a hand raised to partly conceal her grin.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:18 pm 

Kenzo nodded agreement, but his attention was quickly arrested as Utsu began to lean forward. His eyes were drawn to her lips. The port made them appear redder; no doubt they would taste sweet. Kenzo's eyes closed, his lips curling upwards, beginning to part in anticipation as he felt her hand on his chest...

And then, something went very wrong.

A startled exclamation escaped Kenzo's lips as, with a rush of motion, followed by a puff of breath as he suddenly found himself on his back. His head tilted up, his expression incredulous for a brief moment before he burst into laughter. "Utsu... you..." He let his head fall back to the floor as he laughed, speech briefly unavailable.

Finally, he tilted his head up, still chuckling. "Well. Consider me justly chastised. Help me up?" He held out both hands to her. With a mighty effort, he kept his grin from growing too cunning, but he had to hope Utsu wouldn't notice the gleam in his eyes...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:28 pm 

Utsusemi joined in the laugh, cheeks turning a rosy colour from the port and the laughter.

"Hm," she was usually not the most perceptive, and the alcohol did make it harder to pick up some of the signals. "Alright, I suppose I should help you up again. I think Shinsei said something about that, after all," she smirked and reached out for his hands. Lithe fingers brushed over his as they tried to find a good grip to pull him back up.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:37 pm 

It was quite easy for her to find a good grip. Kenzo's fingers locked solidly with hers. And while his betrayal was not quite so sudden as hers, it was just as inevitable.

Grinning, he pulled, bringing her down atop him. His arms quickly came up, wrapping around her, keeping from rising again. "Hah! There we go." He said, his chest shaking with his laughter. "Now we're even."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:45 pm 

"Ah!" she yelped in surprise, squirming in protest of this betrayal.

"Hmph! Not even close," Utsusemi replied with feigned indignanation of this treatment. He had freed her hands, after all, so she was at liberty to liberally apply corporal punishment in the form on tickling to his vulnerable flanks.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:53 pm 

Kenzo grinned up at Utsu, his grip tightening around her waist. His brown eyes were bright, alive, as they looked up at her. It made him so happy to see her truly enjoying herself, he-

"Oh!" Kenzo's eyes went suddenly wide as her newly freed hands found his flanks, seeking his weak points. "Utsu, that's no-" His words were cut off in gasps of laughter, as he squirmed beneath her, trying to resist.

Kenzo's hands slid along her flanks in turn, but she had a head start, and he couldn't give quite as good as he got. "Stop! I... I yield! I yield!" He gasped out as he fell back, laughing helplessly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:07 pm 

His retaliation made her laugh and squirm as well, but she still had the high ground, so to speak, consider she was on top of him. So when he yielded, Utsusemi mercifully complied to his request.

"Hm, I shall accept your surrender then, Mirumoto-san," she smiled playfully and this time kissed him without any tricks up her sleeve.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:17 pm 

It took another few moments for his laughter to settle down. The kiss, however, was an excellent inducement. Kenzo smiled just before their lips met, his head coming up from the ground to meet her. His lips, too, were both soft and sweet.

He let his head fall back with a happy sigh. "I think this is the battle that I am most happy to lose. I don't mind surrendering to you, Utsusemi." He said. Indeed, having her atop him was more than a little appealing. His hands ran back up her flanks, no longer tickling, and then down her back, exploring the gentle curve of her body. He smiled up at her, his brown eyes full of admiration, love.

Page 3 of 4 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next