Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 6 of 7 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: Returning Home [D10EN, closed]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:24 am 

"Mmmm." Kenzo grinned, his hand coming up to briefly clutch her head against his chest as she giggled. He let her go as she lifted her head, coming around to stroke her cheek. "In that case, I shall be sure to write to you from time to time." He said, his lips twitching as he struggled to keep from laughing. "So that you will know I have not been eaten by goats. I would hate for you to worry about that."

He smiled warmly at her, his brown eyes lighting up just a little. "Good. Than we shall." He said, the optimism in his tone rejecting any other possibility. "Snow is a concern, of course. But much less of one in the valleys, where the deer travel through. They're drawn to the green, after all. There's often a bit of frost in the morning, so it's important to stay warm." His arms encircled her, though Kenzo was scarcely conscious of doing so. "But the frost is actually rather lovely, or so I find it."

The mention of Tsumugi made Kenzo smile. "Mmm. And give her the chance to relive your childhood experiences? Although I don't think Yoshi would try to capture a deer." The smile became a grin. "And I think you would keep her safe from hungry deer."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:33 pm 

"No, Yoshi would probably not try to capture a deer," she agreed with a thoughtful nod. "They've both grown up with a good appriciation and respect for nature, and its inhabitants... or at least, I like to think I have raised them that way."

Utsusemi leaned into his hand again, enjoying the feel of its warmth and the surprising softness of his skin.

"It sounds nice though, with the frost over the green. I don't suppose there are many who hunt them in the valleys? I mean... I know they're popular to hunt other places... " And she wondered if people did eat them too. Dragon lands were harsh and not as bountiful as the lands of her childhood, she had learned. And goat was not exactly a favourite of hers to eat. Not that she felt she could fault people for eating what nature provided to stay alive, but goat was something Utsusemi felt she would probably never fully adjust to.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:57 pm 

Kenzo nodded, smiling fondly. "You have raised them that way, yes." His smile grew more fond. "Speaking as someone who is not there all the time, but visits often, it is rather a joy to see how they've changed each time I see them." What he'd just learned about their parentage loomed behind the words, but distantly.

The question made Kenzo frown. "I don't know with certainty." He said. "If it happens, it certainly doesn't happen much. But sometimes, when I've been in those valleys, I have seen glimpses of other people. Only glimpses, though; they avoided me."

Kenzo sighed, stroking her back reassuringly. He loved the way she responded to his touch, as well as the loving way she touched him in return. "So I think people do, from time to time. Not so commonly as in Yobanjin lands, but..." Kenzo shrugged. "I suppose if I do not fault a hungry wolf for hunting a deer, I should not fault a hungry person, either. We have our natures too, after all."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:13 pm 

"Mm, maybe I'm just not really used to thinking like that..." Utsusemi murmured, her hand moving from his chest to the area between his shoulder and neck. "I mean, fish and fowl are acceptable parts of a diet in Crane lands, but mention goat and some Doji are likely to faint at the thought."

Her fingers began to lightly massage the area.

"It probably helps that you tell the children so much about animals and show them all the pictures you've made of them," her voice was a little distant, as it often did when she spoke of home, "I know they always like it when you visit, since you always have something interesting to tell or show." Her smile turned a little shy as her gaze met his. "I think that is one of the reasons why I always looked forward to your visits too..."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:42 pm 

Kenzo chuckled softly at that, his eyes drifting shut at her touch. "I'm glad it's not quite that bad for you. Goat is part of the Dragon diet, after all. But I think you adapt well. Just look how you've thrived here."

Kenzo smiled. A soft murmur, almost a purr, escaped his lips. "That feels nice, Utsu. You really do have wonderful hands..." He said softly.

The shyness of Utsu's smile made Kenzo's smile even more fond. "The children made a gratifying audience." His hand brushed across her cheek once more, sliding through her silken hair. "As did you. It wasn't just for their sake that I tried to paint pictures of the cutest animals."

He settled back, another pleased murmur escaping him at her touch. "And there's always more to see. I'd thought about travelling on with the expedition, seeing things I've only read about..." His lips quirked. "But there's still so much in Rokugan I haven't seen, either. And ones I want to see again, like the Red Raccoon. Besides..." He tilted his head up to gently kiss her cheek. "That is where my home is."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:53 pm 

Utsusemi hummed softly in response to the kiss. "... Yes," she agreed, a gentle blush warming her cheeks. She wished to say it was their home, but this place was more like the home of the two of them than Dragon lands.

"I'm glad... that you're going back too." Knowing herself, she'd worry every day for him. Just like she knew she would for Sanjuro, but for him... it was more like letting go of someone for their own good. "And that you're enjoying this," she chuckled warmly and her lips left a faint trace of a kiss on his cheek. "You've been working hard, especially tonight. I'd like for you to be relaxed and comfortable before we go to sleep."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:35 pm 

A glance at Kenzo's warm brown eyes would show that he thought along the same path. Indeed, here with her felt more like home to Kenzo than anyplace, perhaps even more than his childhood home, as the mists of time slowly obscured his memories of it.

"Mmm." Kenzo's fingers came up to gently touch the spot on his cheek where her lips had touched. "I very much am enjoying this. If relaxed and comfortable is what you intend to make me, you're very much succeeding. But Utsu..." His head tilted up, a playful glint in his eyes. "I hardly think of my greatest efforts tonight as being work." His hands came up to playfully pinch her bare flanks. A third round was probably overly optimistic...

Kenzo sighed, settling back. In fact, he was tired; the emotional drain had been the most wearing, even if they both seemed much better for. "But, yes. I felt I had to come back. For any number of reasons." He looked up at her fondly, his eyes warm. "Before us, I'm not sure if I would have decided the same. I may have; I'm not sure. Even though we've only shared our love for a little time, I feel as though I've thoroughly adapted to having it in my life." His lips quirked. "I suppose that matches my attitude about progress, in a way."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:56 pm 

His pinching made her laugh, once more pressing her face against his chest. "Mmm... maybe not work as such..." she kissed his bare skin once more, but indeed, a third round was overly optimistic. At least she was content with just the gentle intimacy they had now, in the wake of the emotional strain she, and Kenzo as well, had gone through.

"I... I'm just glad you're returning too. Not only because I'd worry for your well-being if you were to travel to some unknown land, but... knowing you'll be nearby makes me feel better about the future." It was a fragile hope, coming from her, but that she was willing to try spoke much of her committment to attempt to emulate Kenzo's own optimism. "Even if, as you said, our love has been brief. Though it just feels like it has naturally developed from our friendship."

Utsusemi leaned forward, her lips pressing to his in a tender gesture of affection. "You are my friend as well as my lover, Kenzo."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:26 pm 

The words made Kenzo smile, as did the gentle press of her lips against his chest. His hand stroked her back fondly. "The future... yes. I'm glad, Utsu. I cannot say that I worried about the future especially. But I nevertheless feel as though it is a little brighter. New possibilities..." He trailed off, his expression thoughtful a moment, before he shook his head with a smile. "But I shall stay near. I promise." His lips quirked. "It is, after all, in my nature, and I can hardly act contrary to that."

Kenzo's eyes closed again as their lips met, the tenderness of the gesture warming him. "I'm glad for that as well. And perhaps that is why this feels so... I'm not sure. Natural is a good word, I would agree." His arms slid around her back, holding her gently. "From friendship into something more. Yet without altering the underlying friendship." His arms tightened, just a little, as he lifted his head to press his forehead against hers. "I'm very glad for both. Utsusemi."

He settled back once more, his eyes half-lidded. "Mmm. It seems to me that we've established that turnabout is fair play. Perhaps I should ask you about your favorite work of art? And I can take my turn rubbing you. You've been working at least as hard as I have, after all." His hands slid up her back to where her shoulders and neck met. Applying gentle pressure, he began to massage the muscles with his deft fingers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:57 pm 

Utsusemi on the other hand worried for the future. Always had, and always would, but... in a way, she felt safer knowing Kenzo would be in it somehow. If he was there, she knew she could manage to be stronger for what she had to do.

"Work," she chuckled with mirth, which soon turned into a blissful sigh as Kenzo worked out the tension in her muscles. The efforts of the morning had been a little out of the ordinary of what she usually did, and her muscles did feel a little strained. "Mmm... favourite work of art? You mean, of any masterpiece I might have seen, heard, or read, which one was my favourite? Or which medium I enjoy the most?"

The sensation of his deft hands made her close her eyes, her voice dropping into a pleased murmur. "Ooh, your hands are very good at that."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:30 pm 

"Mmm. I think I know you well enough to know your favorite medium." Kenzo said with a warm smile. "So in this case, I would ask about your favorite masterpiece, yes. Of whatever form." He chuckled softly. "Fortunately, you're the one with a way with words, so I expect that even if your favorite masterpiece is a painting, or a piece of music, I trust that you can describe it sufficiently for me."

Kenzo's head lifted up. Gently, he kissed her shoulder, lips lingering a moment. "I'm glad you find them so, Utsusemi." He said, his voice soft. His fingers continued to work, methodically seeking out tightness. Or, perhaps a bit more than methodically. Kenzo took some joy in the act himself, his fingers lovingly tracing the lines of Utsu's muscles, or delicately tracing over her skin.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:27 pm 

Her breath was a soft purr as his fingers eased her muscles and traced over her pale skin. "Hmmm... it's difficult to choose, since... well, being at the Academy, I suppose you feel sometimes oversaturated to amazing works of art."

Utsusemi's form was slowly growing more limp in response to Kenzo's administrations.

"I suppose... it was the performance of one of the Kakita singers, Kakita Hiiragi. Not only was she skilled at composing beautiful lyrics, but the way she performed was just... breathtaking. How overwhelmed with emotion it made me feel, as if I felt each and every word she sang. When she performed a song about Lady Doji and Lord Kakita, even the highest ranking samurai present were wiping their eyes." Her head rested against his shoulder as she breathed deeply, noticing how their scents had combined together now. "... I don't think I could ever do it justice if I were to try myself."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:04 pm 

Kenzo chuckled. "Just as I think I would have difficulty choosing a favorite animal."

His fingers continued to move down her back, circling around her shoulders, and then working down an inch on either side of her spine. His fingers pressed, but his palms massaged, enjoying the feel of her. As she grew more relaxed, so did Kenzo beneath her, her weight seeming more comforting moment by moment.

"Hmmm." Kenzo smiled softly. "Indeed, you do almost make me see it. Or hear it, rather." He leaned up to kiss the top of her head, taking in their pleasantly mingled scent as well, his chest rising and falling beneath her.

His expression grew thoughtful. "I've not often been moved by art, although my exposure has been limited. There have been a couple notable exceptions recently..." Another kiss on the top of her head; those exceptions had all been her work, of course. "Nature has sometimes moved me. I remember... there was one morning, up in Yobanjin lands, I saw a sunrise so beautiful, it almost made me weep." He smiled. "I thought of you then, actually. That if I'd had your talent, perhaps I could have done something to recreate it for others."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 pm 

"Aww... but you are talented, Kenzo," her arms embraced his form, hugging him tightly. "Like that swan-painting... it's beautiful, and I love it." In truth though, she was touched that he had been thinking of her when he had seen such a beautiful scenery. Utsusemi only wished she could have said the same.

"I hope I just can one day be as talented as Hiiragi-san, and other artisans, who can evoke such strong emotions in their audience..." she sighed deeply, becoming more and more relaxed. "Hmm... I might just fall asleep like this one, which will probably make me regret it in the morning," Utsusemi breathed a chuckle. "... Shall I try to sing the song to you, as a lullaby, before we both fall asleep?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:23 pm 

Kenzo laughed softly, his arms briefly wrapping around her to match. "I'm so glad, Utsusemi. I very much hoped you would like it." The sentiment behind it was all the more true, now that he knew the deepest of her struggles. The thought filled him with warmth, love shining in his eyes as he looked at her.

"One more moment..." Kenzo grinned as his hands worked their magic on Utsu's lower back, pressing out the last of the tension they found there. Finished, he let his hands rest on her, enjoying the rise and fall of her body as they both breathed.

His expression softened further at her suggestion. "That sounds lovely, Utsusemi. I've enjoyed your singing, when I've heard it. I cannot think of a better way to be lulled to sleep than this."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:49 pm 

Her own eyes were tender and affectionate as she looked at him, the flecks of opal nearly drowned out in the darkness of the warm hazel colour.

"Mmm... very well," she murmured as she rested ontop of him a little bit longer, before finding the strength to roll over on her side next to him. Utsusemi raised a hand to his head, running her fingers through his hair, as she took a few moments to compose herself and remember the melody and lyrics. "Hiiragi-san said, she wrote this when she thought of what it must have been like for Lady Doji when Lord Kakita set out to meet Mirumoto Hojatsu on the field of honour..."

As she begun to sing, her voice was delicate, fragile even as it kept a steady note, trying to capture how it must have been performed originally by the Kakita songstress. Her fingers did not stray from him as she sang, as they curled carefully around the locks of his hair.

"It is done; you have decided.
No going back now.
I have seen, and I believe
You'll return somehow.

Since the first time I saw you I knew
The shadows in your heart withdrew.
Though the world grows darker every day
And hope seems all but a memory,
Nothing can dim or extinguish this flame
Ignited long ago,
Deep within me

It is done; we will meet again,
As I once promised,
Long ago—do you remember?—
In the forest.

Since the first time I saw you I knew
The shadows in your heart withdrew.
Though the world grows darker every day
And hope seems all but a memory,
Nothing can dim or extinguish this flame
Ignited long ago,
Deep within me.

No one can break my will; nothing can change.
My path is
Laid before me."

----

D10 EN Fluff singing. Spending last Void of the day +1k1. 2 raises! TN 25: 6d10o10k5 52
Original song: Arwen's Promise by Eurielle (lyrics changed a little)

Last edited by Agasha Utsusemi on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:13 am 

As Utsu rolled off of him, Kenzo shifted slightly, not quite rolling onto his side, but shifting to face her more. He could do no less; the pleasant weight and warmth of her was something that he wasn't ready to do without entirely, not yet. His eyes were bright and interested as he waited for her to begin.

And then she did...

It was easy to see the effect of the song on Kenzo as Utsu sang. His eyes grew just a little wider, easily catching the little bit of light in the dark room. His lips, which had been curled up in a smile, slowly parted. His chest moved as he breathed, up and down, up and down. Gently, he first moved his head against her hand as it curled around his hair. And then, as that wasn't enough, he reached up to take her hand in his own, squeezing it gently.

As she finished, he closed his eyes, just for a moment. When they opened, he smiled at her, swallowing. "Utsusemi..." He murmured, his voice rough. "You said you wished you could one day evoke strong emotions in your audience." His lips twisted; his hand came up to gently cup her cheek as he leaned closer. "In this case, at least, you have quite succeeded." His eyes closed as, ever so gently, he pressed his lips to hers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:43 am 

She had no reply at first, except for returning the kiss with the same gentle affection that he gave her.

"... Thank you, Kenzo," Utsusemi replied with a soft voice and her hand moved down to his shoulder to hold him closely. "Coming from you, it means a lot to me." Right now, he was the only audience she wanted to captivate. Perhaps if she set her mind to composing for him, rather than aiming for greatness, then maybe she could make a true masterpiece too? Someone like Hiiragi had probably had someone she had sung for too, someone who was the only audience she had wanted to captivate with her performances.

Perhaps Kenzo was her muse, rather than despair? In this moment, at least, Utsusemi dared to hope so. Though, then her name somehow seemed ill-fitting, if she was to find a more positive inspiration for her work.

"... I suppose there is one more thing I didn't say about why I like deers so much," her voice refleced the feelings of bashfulness she felt. "My childhood name... was Shika*. I didn't like it very much when I was younger, especially when I was taller than most in my class as a child, as some would tease me for being 'tall like a deer'. But... I suppose I can see why my mother would give me that name, when I've come to appriciate more their beauty."

----

*= 鹿 (gentle deer)

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:58 am 

Kenzo just smiled in response, his own arm sliding comfortably around her, encouraging her to snuggle against him as they moved towards sleep. If he could somehow have known her thoughts, he would have been touched beyond words. As it was, he was happy that she had sung for him, and that she was pleased by his reaction. And now, that they would be falling asleep in each others' arms.

After all, she was his inspiration. It would be fitting if he was hers, as well.

A soft smile came to his lips at Utsu's latest revelation. "Shika." He echoed softly. His hand came up, gently brushing across her cheek, as though to brush her bashfulness away. "It's a lovely name. And one can see how it fits you, too." He shifted forward, letting their foreheads rest together, locking his gaze with hers. "After all, of all the animals, I would say that deer have the most lovely eyes."

His smile grew. "But there's more to it than that. I... do not know if animals have souls." His lips quirked. "If there was ever a question that was out of my area of expertise, that would be it. Nevertheless..." He took a deep breath. "It is difficult to do what I do, and not believe that they have them." His hand stroked across her cheek once more. "And, if someone asked me what animal has the kindest, gentlest soul, I should answer deer without hesitation."

His lips quirked again. "Of course, there is more to you than beautiful eyes and a gentle soul. But nevertheless... I suppose I now have another name to use for you now. Utsu, Utsusemi, and now Shika. Hmmm." He smiled. "I think that last one shall be special indeed."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:13 am 

Her eyes were half-lidded as she smiled, and they blinked slowly like a content cat. Or like a sleepy person. Her hand curled lightly together over his shoulder as she made herself comfortable against him, as he encouraged her to. "You flatter... but I like it when you do that," Utsusemi chuckled with warmth, snuggling closer to him.

"Mmm... you have all these names for me," she teased gently, voice slowly turning drowsy as she breathed deeply and steadily, "but I know you only as Kenzo. Who is sometimes my hero, and sometimes my scoundrel. But neither of those I can say like the way you say my name."

Utsusemi's lips turned into a lopsided smile. "Now whatever shall I do with this problem, hmm... a nickname, maybe?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 6 of 7 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next