Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 7 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Post subject: Returning Home [D10EN, closed]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:42 am 

It had been a pleasant evening, Kenzo thought. The Masquerade ball, from his perspective, was a success.
The music and wine had both been excellent, and he'd had many interesting conversations.

And yet, it was now, almost back to the building that had been his home for the better part of a month, that Kenzo walked with more of a spring in his step. The Merenaese boots made his stride heavier, his easy martial stride further emphasized by his finely tailored jacket and trousers. His steps sounded with a sort of authority as he made his way up to the door.

Or rather, as they made their way up. He'd been walking with Utsusemi, of course; just a tiny bit ahead, as was appropriate for this time of night. The streets had been crowded enough that he hadn't been able to do more than give her the occasional quick glance over his shoulder.

He did so now, smiling as he stepped to the door, opening it for her. "Utsusemi-sama." He murmured, giving her a bow. Already, his eyes were beginning to light with excitement, as they so often did.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: Returning Home [D10EN, closed]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:57 am 

Utsusemi too was in a good mood... mostly from the wine, some would say, as she was nearing the point of being past tipsy and moving to the borderline of drunk. Thankfully not yet at the point where she was embarrassing herself, as she was still able to keep herself composed... mostly. Prone to giggling was one of her very tipsy conditions.

But she followed Kenzo's lead back to Yomogiu, their current home, with all the respectability one should expect between the two of them. And as he opened the door for her, she nodded in appriciation. "Thank you, Kenzo-san," she murmured in return, though her smile widened with some anticipation as she saw the light of excitement in his eyes.

Finally inside, she rather unceremoniously kicked off her beautiful sandals. "Ah... that's better," she sighed with some relief. Not that they were bad to wear, but there had been a lot more different feet-activity than she was used to from trying out the gaijin dances at the party.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:17 am 

Kenzo let his eyes follow Utsu as she stepped inside. He'd spotted her as soon as she'd entered the dance hall, of course, and the dress had nearly taken his breath away. He'd concealed his reaction behind his fan, of course. Now, though, he stepped inside, shutting the door firmly behind them. Now, they wouldn't have to conceal anything.

And so, Kenzo began by not concealing his laughter as Utsu casually kicked off her fine sandals. "You know..." He said, shaking his head, chuckling. "I'd always wondered if that was what fine ladies did the moment they got home after some event. I suppose now I can consider it confirmed.."

Used to a Rokugan household, Kenzo felt compelled to remove his own footwear as well, managing to agilely push each off with the other foot. That done, he sighed pleasantly, turning to Utsu. The semi-formal effect of his gaijin outfit was still maintained without them.

"Utsusemi..." He began, giving her a warm smile. "I rather feel as though I've been waiting all evening to tell you this. You look beautiful tonight. Wonderfully beautiful." His lips quirked. "I rather hope I conveyed that with 'lovely dress', but I wanted to be sure."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:26 am 

Utsusemi joined in the laughter with a soft giggle of her own. "Mmm... you'd be surprised at how improper we fine ladies can be in private," she shot him a grin over her shoulder, the dangling parts of her hair accessories making a quiet sound from the movement.

She didn't take her eyes off him as he too removed his footwear, and her eyes met his as he spoke. "Thank you..." her face flushed a little from both the alcohol and from his compliments, her smile even turning a little shy. "... You did. I did feel what you were really saying. I hope you noticed the same, when I said you didn't look too bad yourself: what I wanted to say... was that you look very handsome."

"I'm almost upset you kept it secret from me all this time," she broke into a chuckle.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:42 am 

The musical giggle, but more particularly the comment that followed it, made Kenzo take a deep breath, his chest rising and falling. He stepped closer, new intensity in his soft brown eyes as he looked at her.

What she said next, though, made him flush, clearly touched. "I'm glad, Utsu." He said softly. "Because while I wanted to keep it secret, I also very much wanted you to know. And... I knew what you were saying, too." He took another deep breath, his eyes meeting hers. "Although I very much like to hear it plainly, now."

He laughed with her. "I'm sorry. The need for secrecy compelled me. Allow me to make up for my earlier failure by telling you again now.

With an easy motion, he stepped closer, bringing them almost together. His hands came up, gently sliding around her narrow waist, resting on the curve of her hips. His brown eyes were wide as he met her gaze. This close, the delicate earthy spicy scent he wore was stronger, teasing at the senses. "You are beautiful tonight. Utsusemi." He said, his voice soft but serious.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:57 am 

Her lips gently pressed together as Kenzo's hand moved around her waist, and she found herself leaning into his embrace as her own hands found a place to rest on his hips. Utsusemi breathed in the earthy spices of his scent, finding it mingling with her own floral scent of spring blossoms of the Dragon mountains.

"Kenzo..." her voice was almost a whisper, eyes narrowing with a smile. "... You are always handsome, but tonight... was special. That you went to all this effort for me, I am touched. Especially since I recall how you were at the garden party in Dragon's Guard City." Her smile was a little more teasing as she thought back to that moment. That moment when he finally let it slip that there was more he felt for her than just the innocent admiration he had shown before.

"You even got your hair to behave too, I see," Utsusemi giggled, and a hand reached up to touch it.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:07 am 

Kenzo chuckled softly at that. "I'm glad you like it. It really was for you, you know." His lips quirked playfully. "After all, you've helped me come a long way since that last garden party. After all, I have a fan now, with a very lovely poem written on it." Indeed, it was tucked into his belt, not far from where her hand was resting. "You've ensured that I no longer go to battle unarmed." And, of course, all the other wonderful things that happened as a result from that evening.

At the comment about his hair, Kenzo's eyebrows went up, but he laughed. "Indeed! I'd hoped you could help me with it, but unfortunately giant spiders ruin many a plan." One hand came up to gently brush through her hair, pausing as he encountered one of her ornaments. "Your hair always looks lovely, of course. Although I don't think I've seen you wear these before?"

His hand came back to find hers, still in his hair. He caught it, turning his head to plant soft kisses on the inside of her wrist.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:23 am 

She shuddered a little at the mention of spiders, but she pushed that subject away rather quickly. Utsusemi wasn't going to let creepy arachnids ruin this night.

There was a quiet and bashful gasp from her as she felt his lips against her wrist. "Ah... I..." she flustered for a moment with her words. Partly because of his intimate caresses, and partly because she didn't want to talk too much about the kanzashi. "... They were a wedding gift. I'm just so worried something might happen to them, so I hardly wear them anymore." Her eyes lowered shyly. At least they had something nice to look at, now that she could admire the details of his new attire up close.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:37 am 

"Oh." Kenzo said shortly. That wasn't something he really wanted to talk about either. He covered by letting his lips brush against her wrist once more, sliding further along her arm. "Well, perhaps we should put them safely away, then? They do look rather delicate. I could help, if you like."

Up close, the details in Kenzo's outfit could be picked out more easily. The material itself was made of a very fine canvas, giving it its shape and stiffness. The stitching was well done, and given how closely the jacket fit Kenzo's figure, it must have been at least partially custom-made. Closer, Utsu would be able to make out the functioning of the brass buckles holding it shut, as well. The front made just enough of a vee to reveal the glint of jade at his collarbone, and the top of a simple underlayer farther down.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:47 am 

Her free hand moved up from his hip, touching the unfamiliar material of his jacket and tracing over the brass buckles that closed it together. She recalled how it was on Anzai's clothes, but they had been of a different sort of make, though the function remained the same.

"Hm, yes, that sounds like a good idea," Utsusemi's eyes looked up at him, smiling gently. "Your assistance is always appriciated. And... we should probably take off these masks as well?"

The blush was intensifying gradually as his lips moved further along her bare arm.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:02 am 

With an effort, Kenzo brought his lips away from Utsu's arm; her reactions made him scarcely want to stop. As he released his grip, though, he let the tip of his tongue playfully brush against her skin. He grinned as he turned fully to her.

Though he could scarcely feel Utsu's gentle touch through his jacket, Kenzo nevertheless smiled fondly as her hands traced over the material, and the buckles. "I think so." He agreed. "They are both very lovely masks, but I think they've served their purpose. For the rest of the night, we shall go back to being Kenzo and Utsusemi."

His hands slid behind her, up her shoulders and through her silken hair, until he found the ties that held her mask in place. "May I?" He asked softly. A gentle tug, and he released the tie, loosening her mask.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:11 am 

Feeling the tip of his tongue against her skin made her go from what was still a modest amount of blushing to a full-on flushed colour of her cheeks and neck.

"Just Kenzo and Utsusemi... I might miss being mistaken for a heavenly dragon," Utsusemi smirked playfully, and her own hands reached for the ribbon that held Kenzo's mask in place.

"Only if I may return the favour...?" Her fingers traced the arch of his ears before finding the knot that kept it all together. There was something both playful and shy about her. The way her lips tugged more to one side as she smiled, paired with how she looked at him through natural veil of her lashes.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:39 am 

There was something undeniably exciting about Utsusemi's mixture of playful and shy, the combination making Kenzo's heart beat faster. It was the smirk that excited him the most, his lips curling up to match hers in automatic response. "Oh? The heavenly dragon, served by this earthly one?" He chuckled. "Believe me, I shall not soon forget the sight of you in this mask."

For just a moment, Kenzo's eyes closed, his lips parting in a as Utsu's fingers traced along his ears. "I would very much like that." He said, his voice soft. His fingers, having untied her mask, came forward, gently pulling it away, brushing gently against her cheeks as he did so. Kenzo closed his eyes, waiting for her to return the favor.

Despite his growing excitement, detectable the quickening of his breath and the flush in his cheeks, Kenzo took a moment to carefully set her mask on the adjacent table. He turned his attention back to her, seeing her without mask for the first time that evening. His breath caught, just a little, suddenly struck anew by her beauty, and by the feelings he had for her. "We should... your hair ornaments." Kenzo swallowed, his brown eyes wide as his gaze flickered to her lips. There was another thing he'd wanted to do all evening, he suddenly realized.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:03 pm 

"The earthly dragon is the protector of the heavenly dragon, it seems," Utsusemi giggled softly, and her fingers undid the knot of the ribbon holding Kenzo's mask in place. Her voice dropped a little, but that still did not hide the anticipation in it. "But I reward honourable service and loyalty..."

Carefully her hands manipulated the mask away from his face, allowing her to see the flush in his features fully as it no longer offered him any concealment. Her breath seemed to deepen in response, judging by how the rather exposed chest seemed to rise and fall more prominently. "... Yes," she nodded, placing aside Kenzo's mask besides hers.

Perhaps it was in response to his gaze resting on her lips, but Utsusemi did her usual move of biting gently into her lower lip, as she often did when they were together like this. But she kept her hazel eyes on him as she reached behind her head to undo her hairstyle. The dangling parts of the kanzashi made gentle sounds as they clinked together.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:40 pm 

As Kenzo's mask was pulled away, his brown eyes flickered back up to hers. The gentle jingling of her hair ornaments drew his attention; his lips curled up. "Here, allow me to help."

He stepped closer still, their bodies a hands-breadth apart. His hands came up once more, sliding back into her hair. Finding her hair ornaments, and gently undoing them. Finding her fingers, as they undid her hair.

It was all suddenly too much. Her beauty, the scent of her. Her smile. The gentle rise and fall of her chest, very appealingly. And the way she gently bit her lower lip.

It was less a decision than something that just happened. Kenzo leaned forward the last of the distance. He shivered as his lips found hers, moving against them with passion already inflamed. His fingers, still gently entangled with hers, and with her hair, tightened.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:07 pm 

The white hair cascaded down as the first ornament came out, and the second one fully let her hair down freely. Utsusemi was still holding the two kanzashi in her hands as Kenzo's lips found hers, and she could not help herself from a quiet moan as his kiss only stoked the fires of her own passion. The past weeks they had both been so busy with working at the temple, they had both put their desires aside, and yesterday had not exactly been the right time either.

So to feel Kenzo's passion again was such a welcoming experience, she forgot almost everything else and let her arms draw him in closer, her occupied hands pressing gently against his back.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:34 pm 

Kenzo kissed Utsu hungrily, passionately, his lips parting as they moved against hers. His hand slid down through her hair, palms pressing against her back. The past few weeks, the day before, and especially earlier that night had all been slowly building his desire. It was time, it seemed, to finally allow their passions to burn for each other.

Kenzo grinned into the kiss. They parted, but only a little. Kenzo let his lips trail back over the line of her jaw. "I must confess something, Utsu." He began between kisses, his tone gently teasing. "I did very much enjoy myself at the party. And finally seeing you in your dress was marvelous. But this is what I've been looking for all day."

His lips began to trail down her neck, brushing softly over the skin, moving to her collarbone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:45 pm 

"Kenzo..." Utsusemi purred his name, desire lacing each syllable as she felt his palms against the bare skin of her neck and back. "... This is the highlight of the day... no, of the week." Her head tilted back as his kisses traced a path down her neck, the throat expanding slightly as she swallowed.

"... Please, let me put these away," she finally managed to chuckle, tapping the tips of the hair ornaments against his back. "So my hands will be free too."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:55 pm 

Kenzo's lips had just begun to trail down further, passing down over her collarbone, when he felt the reminder taps of her hair ornaments against his back. He chuckled softly. "Of course." He murmured softly, his breath hot against the swell of her chest, his eyes glinting as he looked up at her. Just as before, he was unable to resist pressing his lips to her skin one more time before his head came up.

Straightening, Kenzo grinned, taking a deep breath. His eyes were bright, and the pleased, excited flush still colored his features. "I do, after all, very much want your hands to be free." His own hands slid back from around her, resting once more on her hips, but gently, allowing her to step away.

His lips quirked. "Do you keep them the bedroom? I'll carry you again, if you like." Idly, he wondered at what point he'd stopped thinking of it as 'her bedroom'.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:44 pm 

A part of her just wanted to drop the two hair ornaments then and there, but... even if she and Ryuden didn't get along these days, she still treasured them for what they had once been. And for their beauty, which was still untouched by the ugliness of the world. "... So do I," she breathed the words more than she spoke them.

Slightly trembling from his touches, she at least managed to place them down on the table next to the mask... and finally her hands were free again, and with some urgency they moved up his arms, brushing over his neck and cheeks as her fingers pushed through his hair, allowing her to pull him close. "I've been wanting to do this since I saw you tonight," Utsusemi whispered before closing the last distance between them into a hot kiss of passion.

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 7 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next