Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Recovery (day 10 late morning)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:19 am 

Kitsu Keiji blinked in the morning sunlight, his eyes still not fully adjusted from the excursion into the dim underground. Approaching Yomogiu house, he clapped his hands to announce his presence, then called, "Excuse me? Is Agasha Utsusemi at home?"

Post subject: Re: Recovery (day 10 late morning)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:29 am 

Utsusemi had just finished rinsing out the last icky feeling of the spider-nest from her hair as she heard the call. She hurriedly pulled her wet hair back into a bun as she went to check the door... then almost wanted to slam the door shut again when she saw it was her captain. Such a scandal that she wasn't appearing in her usual perfection!

"Kitsu-sama!" she exclaimed with more surprise than she liked, bowing . "W... what happened to you? Goodness, I didn't think you were among the ones in the fight yesterday." She stepped aside to easily allow him entry.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:49 am 

"Yesterday? No, I'm afraid not... I took a wound doing clean-up duty," Keiji admitted ruefully, gesturing at the field bandage on his upper arm. "I was among the search parties sent after those who went missing after the battle."

"I hope you'll excuse my coming here, Second Officer. I recall that you said you were skilled at medicine?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:18 am 

"Really, there is nothing to apologize for, captain, and yes, you recall correctly" she nodded. "... Please accept my apologies for my current state. I just returned from clean-up duty myself. Please, come in." The estate was... surprisingly Rokugani in its architecture. It had a genkan, as well as sliding doors inside. There was a common room to one side, where Keiji could glimpse paintings as well as the scent of freshly boiled water, most likely for tea. But the Agasha led him the other way to a nearby room.

One of the things she had wanted for her own place to stay was a room to practice medicine in, as Utsusemi found it worked a lot better for her to have a place where she could store everything without it getting mixed with other things, as well as having things like water and cloth for cleaning and dressing wounds already prepared.

"How did this wound happen?" she was already picking up what she needed, directing Keiji to sit at a plain cushion.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:38 am 

"Ship Captain Gusai Susumu and First Officer Seppun Kaiya of Walrus and I were making our way out of the underground tunnels," Keiji recounted, as he took a seat on the cushion that Utsusemi indicated. "Some kind of... well... spider-demon emerged and blocked our way out. It wasn't any kind of normal spider; it was the size of a tiger, with vicious fangs!" He gestured excitedly with his fingers, as if to indicate the monster's pointy teeth.

"I struck it with my sword, but the creature managed to bite me," he continued. "Captain Gusai finished it off with his pistol. It looked like a rather unclean sort of creature, though, so I thought I'd better have you take a look at the wound. I believe Seppun Kaiya was injured by it as well; if you'll pardon my doing so, I mentioned to her that you might be able to help."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:49 am 

Her expression was somewhere between amusement, concern, and surprise as Keiji recounted the tale of his deadly encounter with the spider-monster. A part of his excitement for the adventure made her think of her own son.

"No, it is no trouble at all. My door is always open for any member of the Imperial Fleet, be it for medical assistance, tea, or conversation." Though she was concerned for Kaiya. "With your permission then, I will see what I can do. I know spiders to be venomous creatures often, but I should not be surprised someone like you is walking it off as if it is nothing but a scratch."

---

Roll out of the way so you don't have to think about Wound penalties. ^_^
D10 LM Medicine/Int for Keiji. Yomogiu gives 1FR (for +1k0 on healing). TN 15: 5d10o10k3 25
D10 LM Wounds healed for Keiji. +1k0 from Free Raise on Medicine roll: 2d10o10k1 12

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:28 am 

"Yes, I know wounds can turn bad, especially bites," Keiji said. "But I understand that with proper care, the danger is lessened. So I'm grateful for your attention."

"It seems you must've heard something about the battle yesterday, though?" he asked. "I heard only that the battle was late in the evening, and people were taken by these spider-demons. But otherwise only vague rumors; hard to distinguish fables from facts among them."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:39 am 

"Being part of the groups going down to retrieve the survivors, I was informed of the events, though only briefly, captain. Sadly some of the rumours too, but I do not put much stock in idle gossip... as some were talking about the lack of respect for command regarding some units..."

She grimaced slightly at the wound, as it was a little more unpleasant compared to what she was used to seeing, but voiced no complaints - Utsusemi was a woman who rarely shied away from duty or compassion.

"I don't know," she sighed a little, getting to work with washing the wound, "things happen on the battlefield that I am not accustomed to thinking about, having never been near one myself. At least Hida Ringo-san is safe and sound, as Matsu-san and I rescued him from an unfortunate fate earlier." Seeing as Ringo served on the Kunshu Maru as well, she thought it only proper to mention it to Keiji, as the two of them knew eachother beforehand as well.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:50 am 

"That was well done," Keiji said, nodding approvingly. "Chief Engineer understands these gaijin weapons we've taken aboard Kunshu Maru better than I do, I'm forced to admit; and I venture they will be important in future battles. I'm grateful to you for having rescued him. Did you and Matsu-san have to fight many of these spider-demon creatures to free him?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:59 am 

"Heavens, no, thankfully." Utsusemi shook her head. "Matsu-san and I kept a quiet approach... which was probably for the better as we did discover a possible way of rooting out the nest. Though to do so at the time was not an option, as it would have jeopardized the lives of all our people in the area. I reported the finding to Asahina-sama, of course, so I assume it will be taken into consideration for the future."

The former Crane didn't look like she could put up much fight against these monsters anyway.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:50 am 

Making their way up the path, two woman walked in Unison. One silent as the passing of the breeze and the other springing off sentences in Mekhem. Making it easy to tell that they were approaching once they got close enough for Isabella's naturally loud voice to carry through doors and walls.

"If you are not going to let me help you walk here Sayedda, you could have at least let me send for Sayedda Utsusemi. A woman in your condition, in the way you are because of how you saved me, should not have to walk this distance on her own. It is asking to much of your body and is a needless strain on you-" Isabella was stopped by a raise of Kaiya's hand. The woman signed a simple phrase, but one that put her words to rest once they approached the entrance to Yomogiu.

'Respect.'

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:30 pm 

Utsusemi was not usually one to care about the sound of passerbys, but she recognized the voice of Kaiya's attendant, even if she could not make out the words or their meaning. "Ah, sounds like Seppun-san is here."

She placed aside the cloth and gave a bow to Keiji as she excused herself. Soon enough, the door to Yomogiu was opened to Kaiya and Isabella. "Seppun-san, Kitsu-sama told me you might come... please, come inside."

"You're both welcome, señorita," the white-haired lady nodded to Isabella as well.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:18 pm 

Keiji nodded as Utsusemi excused herself. "Of course," he said. "Please see to First Officer Seppun's needs. I should be fine here."

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]