Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 4 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Fresh Wounds (D12 LN)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:06 pm 

Kenzo's lips met hers eagerly; it felt as though it had been days since they had seen each other, and not merely most of one. And at her words, the touch of her hand on his, nothing less than a kiss, a pure expression of their shared love, would satisfy him. His own lips were a touch more dry and cold than usual, but there was no doubting his vitality as he savored the kiss.

As the kiss finally broke, he sighed pleasantly. His hand turned over, letting the shell rest in her palm. The hand came up to cup her cheek as he ever so gently brushed his lips against hers once more. "Goodness. Aren't we a pair." He murmured, smiling, his eyes closed. "All that we've been through. Neither of us quite able to stand." His lips quirked. "I think we'll both have to lean on each other, getting to bed."

The dryness of her lips, the heat of her forehead against his, all the little clues began to accumulate. Kenzo leaned back, his forehead leaving hers to be replaced by his hand, a concern frown on his lips. "Utsu..." He began. "I daresay you may have a fever. Goodness. Let's get you some water." The idea that her dream may have been fever-induced was a compelling one. A chill passed through Kenzo once more at the thought that it might be the other way around.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:35 pm 

Her fingers folded protectively over the shell in her palm, feeling the traces of warmth left of Kenzo's hand still on it.

"No, I'm alright," she protested weakly, feeling rather exhausted from recovering from her own ordeal. The two completed illustrations on the table was forgotten by her for now. "Please, let me help you get to bed, Kenzo... I'll be fine." Utsusemi pressed her lips into a thin, weak smile.

She wanted to be strong for him, at least.

"You're hurt, and... you need rest."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:49 pm 

Kenzo slowly shook his head. "I do need rest, yes. But so do you. And let me get you some water, at least..."

He shifted a little, and then his eyes squeezed shut as a brief flash of pain crossed his face.

"Ah..." He gave her a sheepish smile. "That is, if you would be so kind as to help me stand, I can get you some water." His voice was weak, but he nevertheless managed a playful tone.

He leaned against the table, his arm shaking gently as he held himself, his gaze finally falling across the illustrations. A brief glance, and he looked at Utsu with a smile. "Utsu...?" His eyes flashed warmly at her, before leaning down to take a closer look at her work.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:05 pm 

Her hold on him tightened as she saw the flash of pain on his face, brows furrowing in concern. "No, no... please, don't push yourself for my sake, Kenzo... please..." Utsusemi murmured, urging him to remain seated.

Turning her head in the direction of the nearly finished illustrations, she felt her stomach churn as she thought of her nightmare again... but she pressed on and pushed them closer for him to see. "I made them for you... earlier today."

She had done her best so that they could be used for his research on animals; the first paper had been done for the civets from Mustaffar's, with an up-close portrait of its face as well as a full body illustration. The second was of the wild pigs that they had sometimes seen in the hillsides.

---

D12 Artisan: Painting/Awareness. Animal-portrait for Kenzo. +1k1 Void. 3 raises. TN 30: 8d10o10k5 51
D12 Artisan: Painting/Awareness. 2nd Animal-portrait for Kenzo. +1k1 Void. 3 raises. TN 30: 8d10o10k5 34

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:46 pm 

"My word." Kenzo murmured. Weak though he was, the excited light in his eyes was as bright as ever. He studied both carefully, one after the other. He held them up, his eyes flickering as he traced detail after detail. "These are marvelous, Utsu. Marvelous indeed."

Slowly, his smile faded, and he set the illustration down with trembling hand. It was the work of an afternoon to make these things for him, but the impact was far more than the time spent. "No one has done something like this for me before." He said softly. Perhaps it was the fatigue, or the injury, or the lingering worry, but that seemed to matter very much at the moment.

When Kenzo turned back to her, he was smiling warmly, even brilliantly. He took one of her hands in each of his. "Thank you. Utsusemi."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:05 pm 

Utsusemi watched him as he studied the illustrations, more interested in his reactions than the paper she had no interest in now.

As their hands connected, she squeezed it firmly. "I liked doing them... seeing how you light up, it made it worth it..." she smiled, still weak, but there at least was that fondness for him in it.

"Come now... you need rest. Let me help you."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:16 pm 

And likewise, seeing Utsu smile made Kenzo's spirits lift in return. It was almost enough to make him forget his injuries.

Unfortunately, there was only so much power the mental had over the physical. Kenzo nodded, smiling. "Yes. Of course. I shall have plenty of time to study these later. In the meantime..." He inclined his head. "I shall rely on you to get me to bed."

He shifted, releasing one of her hands to hold against his wound. Keeping pressure on it, he nodded to her. "Ready when you are." He said, his voice tight.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:25 pm 

Her lips pressed together in a thin line as she moved and adjusted her hold on Kenzo. As he let her know he was ready, Utsusemi nodded. "On three then. One, two, three..." on the count of three, she put as much muscle as she could into it to help him stand, straining herself so he wouldn't have to.

"Doing alright so far? The worst is over," she looked at him with concern as he stood. At least he wasn't in such a critical condition that she would have to stay by his side to watch over him, like she had done for Sanjuro.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:49 pm 

It was easy enough. Kenzo was capable of moving under his own power, even if getting up caused him some pain. And with Utsu lending him her strength, he was able to come easily to his feet.

"Yes." He said, giving her a grateful smile. "Now, perhaps with my arm around you, that would be enough to get me to bed."

His smile grew playful. "In truth, it is probably not necessary; I walked here with only a stick for support, after all. Nevertheless..." He let his arm slip around her waist. Despite his playful words, she would feel a bit of his weight on her, although not much.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:02 am 

"Only a stick?!" Utsusemi frowned, not finding it very playful... or just too stressed out herself to catch onto his teasing this time. "Goodness, Kenzo... I'm sorry. I should have been there to meet you and help you back home."

Gently, she pulled him a little closer, encouraging him to lean on her more as if to say that she was strong enough to take more of his weight. "I want you to have good bedrest, so don't worry about breakfast in the morning... let me take care of you, alright?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:08 am 

While his joke fell flat, Kenzo was nevertheless cheered to see how much stronger Utsu seemed already. And yet, he knew that she could push herself beyond her endurance. Beyond all endurance. He would have to watch for that.

But for now... Kenzo couldn't help but turn his head towards her as she pulled him closer. Gently, he kissed her temple. "That sounds lovely, Utsu. Thank you."

Pressed against her as he was, Utsu would feel his weight shift, ready to move forward together with her.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:26 am 

Utsusemi began with careful steps, setting her pace to what Kenzo was capable of as she guided him to the bedroom. "It's the least I can do for you in your condition," she said softly, her hold on him becoming slightly more affectionate.

It was a little sad to think that they would soon have to leave this place, and return to a different life. But, at the very least, she wanted as many happy memories from here as possible to sustain her through the time ahead when it could be a rare moment to just be alone with him again.

Even if that memory would be of tonight... it would still be one she would not forget.

Fortunes, I pray to you, let him be healthy and happy at least. He deserves that much. Her fingers tightened together as she looked at him with both concern and love. "Anything in particular you want me to make for you?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:36 am 

Kenzo moved slowly, his head bobbing just a little with each step. But with her support, his steps did not falter, staying steady as they moved down the now familiar hallway.

Even though it was driven in part by necessity, Kenzo nevertheless found being held by Utsu, cared for by Utsu, quite pleasant. His arm around her waist gave her a gentle squeeze. "I do not. Or rather..." He gave her a smile, "-I should like for you to surprise me. I feel that we at our best when we try for that." It was a little thing, but perhaps it was the part of him that enjoyed exploring the unknown that made him so enjoy that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:43 am 

"Then... I will try to surprise you," Utsusemi nodded, placing a gentle kiss on his forehead. It was that motherly side of her that she let show as she helped him to the bedroom, the side of her that wanted to care for and help others. Her nightmare had turned that side of her against her, and even if it had left her wounded, it was not something that would break her compassionate soul. At least not with Kenzo by her side to help her heal too.

It would take some time, but... she was certain that with his help, she could heal in time. The time on the island had already healed her, and this... maybe she would consider it an injury from overextending herself too soon. Like a fawn that faltered after trying to stand for the first time.

"... Thank you. For coming back. For returning our heart." Her head leaned closer to his as they entered the room. Tonight would be no night for intimacy, but she would still be by his side.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:58 am 

Already leaning against her, it was entirely natural for Kenzo to let his head lean against hers, completing the gesture. He gave a soft sigh. He was wounded and exhausted, physically and spiritually, but the feel of her close to him, and the lingering memory of her lips on his forehead made those injuries seem distant indeed. He only hoped that he would to the same for her.

"Of course." Kenzo whispered, smiling. "And thank you for receiving it. That's just as important, I think. It isn't just that I came back, but that I had you to come back to." His lips quirked. "I hope that makes sense. I rather fear that it doesn't."

He sighed pleasantly. "Would you help me to undress?" He asked, holding out his other arm. While physical intimacy was very much beyond both of them at the moment, he recognized, the thought of falling asleep in each others' arms was something he looked forward to very much.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:13 am 

"It makes sense," she assured him with soft tones. Utsusemi could understand what he meant, and it touched her numbed soul...

She nodded, "of course, Kenzo." Though in truth, a part of her was worried about seeing the extent of his injuries... swallowing away that particular concern, her hands began the familiar motions of untying and undoing all that held his clothes in place, even if there was not much romantic overtures to the procedure this time except for the concern and care the two of them shared for eachother.

Her eyes blinked slowly, feeling her own weariness and the fever that nightmare had brought upon her, but she did not falter in her task.

"Do you want me to brush your hair too, to help you relax?" she offered as his clothes were in the process of being removed.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:29 am 

Holding out his arms, Kenzo made it easy for Utsu to undress him. He smiled warmly at her as she did so. He always enjoyed this moment right before lovemaking, the anticipation building into pleasure with each passing moment. But the domesticity of this moment was its own sort of pleasure, warm and comforting. Firmly, he pushed aside the thought that this was one of the last nights they would so easily share it.

In truth, Kenzo's injures were not too bad. Mostly a few cuts, a few bruises here and there, with a large one on his left hip. A bandage on his abdomen was definitely covering the worst, but the cleanliness of the bandage suggested both that it had been changed recently, and was bleeding little, if at all.

The suggestion made him grin for the first time that evening. "Mmm, yes. But I should also like to brush yours." His hand came up to stroke across her cheek, stroking through her lovely white hair.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:39 am 

The feeling of his fingers against her hair helped her relax, and having seen the state of his injuries, she felt a little bit more at ease as she could look at it with her knowledge as a medic. Even if it also worried her, to see how close to death he had been.

Would it had been differently if she had been there, Utsusemi wondered. Or would she now be a cold corpse.

"Hm... only if you promise me that you will stop if you feel too tired, or it hurts," she leaned into his caress. "If it hurts, I can get you something for the pain."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:04 am 

"Mmm." Kenzo murmured softly. He was silent a moment, his fingers twining through her hair, brushing across her ear. He cupped his hand as she leaned into his caress, enjoying the feeling of her against his palm. "I promise, Utsu."

Withdrawing his hand, Kenzo turned, easing himself to the edge of the bed. He still moved a bit slowly and stiffly, but he grinned up at her with his usual enthusiasm. His brown eyes, while fatigued, and showing a hint of pain, looked at her as warmly as ever. "Well then. Let us brush each other's hair. And then, to sleep." He said with another soft sigh.

His eyes flickered briefly, judging her reaction. With her nightmare, would she dread sleep? Hopefully this would calm her as much as him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:27 am 

That she was dreading sleep was a rather accurate guess, and she showed a few nervous signs, like by the way her shoulders seemed to tense a little, and her gaze flickering down. It was these small and nearly imperceptible traits that normally would go unnoticed, but was hard to hide from her close lover.

"Yes," Utsusemi nodded after a brief hesitation, helping him as he easied himself down on the bed. "... Let me just, dress down, and get the comb, yes?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 2 of 4 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next