Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 5 of 6 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Ever After (D13 EN)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:57 pm 

Kenzo grinned at Utsusemi as she selected some baklava; her enjoyment of the pastry was something he found endearing. His breath caught just a little as his eyes traced over her figure. Intimately familiar though they were with each other, even very recently, Kenzo nevertheless appreciated her every chance he got. His own bathrobe fit him well, displaying the broadness of his shoulders to good advantage.

Her comment made him smile a little sheepishly. "Yes, well... I won't deny a certain eagerness. But you washing me was a pleasure worth experiencing." He shrugged, his shoulders rising and falling. "And I recognize the value of taking some time. Savoring the moment. And it was very much a moment worth savoring."

A tiny bit of wistfulness entered his eyes. "Especially tonight. Tonight I feel especially inclined towards savoring." He took a slow sip of the port, actions matching words.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:07 pm 

Her eyes followed the contour of his form as well... strange to think that she had hardly paid attention to such before, before their relationship began, and now Utsusemi felt like she had known its physique for a long time judging by how intimately familiar she now was with it.

"I certainly enjoyed it," she smirked. Clearly she meant washing him, but it applied to the rest of their bath-time as well. Pressing her thumb to her lips, the honey from the baklava was gently removed with her tongue.

"Hmm... yes, you're right. Tonight is a night worth savouring every moment of. I might not even want to sleep, as I think I would rather spend every last waking moment with you, until the sun rises..." and then, the dream will be over.

But it had been such a pleasant dream. She didn't want it to end.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:40 pm 

Kenzo's eyes widened just a little, watching Utsu lick the honey from her thumb, putting him rather suddenly in mind of another experience with baklava. He slid a little closer.

"Yes." Kenzo smiled softly at her. "I expect that it will not much surprise you to hear that my thoughts run along the same lines." His hand reached out, running with fond affection along her leg.

His lips quirked. "I... it sounds strange to say. But at some point, I thought that perhaps if we didn't fall asleep, the night wouldn't end. The idea has stuck with me. I fear it is a rather vain hope..." He chuckled. "But nevertheless, I should like to try. If nothing else, it will make this perfect night last longer."

Kenzo's eyes cast over the collection of sweets, but did not select one.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:22 pm 

There was a soft blush of red in her cheeks and on her neck. "I... had a similar thought too, Kenzo." Her legs shifted slightly as his hand moved against her covered skin.

Noticing his sight drawn to the sweets, Utsusemi reached for the plate. "Can I offer you anything, beloved?" she smiled, her hand drifting over each piece as she waited for him to choose one.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:33 pm 

Color rose in Kenzo's cheeks to match Utsu's. His brown eyes met her hazel, nearly brimming over with love.

"Ah..." Kenzo's lips curled upwards, his pleased flush increasing at her fond term. "In truth, I was having trouble choosing. I think perhaps not the fruits. I was considering the candied walnuts, which I always enjoy." He chuckled, his hand gently rubbed her leg through the thin fabric of her robe. "But there is also the baklava. I find myself torn."

He gave her a smile. "Perhaps I should let you select one for me. I always trust you to judge, after all."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:46 pm 

"Hmm... well, there are some fond memories of baklava," Utsusemi chuckled, the colour become a little more prominent as she shyly lowered her gaze to the plate of sweets. In the end she did choose a piece of candied walnuts... the baklava they could save for later after a bit more relaxation.

Holding the piece between her thumb and index finger, she offered it up to Kenzo's lips with an adoring smile. "Candied walnut it is then... it is one of your favourites, after all."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:54 pm 

"A fine choice." Kenzo said softly. His hand came up to gently hold her wrist as he leaned closer. For a moment, with an "ah!", he opened his mouth wide, as though he might devour her entire hand. After a moment, his eyes alight, he took the walnut into his mouth more demurely, his lips brushing only lightly against her fingers.

For a few moments, his words were stopped at least, although there was no silently chewing a candied walnut. Finally, he swallowed. "Utsusemi..." He said, his expression growing more serious. His hand on her wrist slid up to gently take her hand. "There is something I should like to say. About the future. Before too much of the night is gone."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:09 pm 

She giggled softly as he played around, and her smile grew even more fond as her fingers touched his lips. As Kenzo chewed on the walnut, Utsusemi sipped some more of the port, watching him with an amused expression.

As his expression grew serious, Utsusemi felt herself tense as he spoke. Like a small pit of worry in her stomach. "Yes...? Of course... what is it?" she asked, putting aside her drink for now, her other hand taking his and squeezing it gently.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:02 pm 

Smiling, Kenzo squeezed her hand. Both were gestures meant to reassure her, but the slight tightness to his grip revealed his own need for reassurance.

"I know you think of me as optimistic. And I am." He sighed. "But I will confess that as this night approached, my optimism faltered. The thought that this might be the last time we should be together like this..." He took a deep breath, his hand tightening on hers once more.

After a moment, he gave her a smile, his eyes warm as they met hers. "I have reconciled myself to that possibility. If this time here is all we have together, it will be something I treasure the rest of my life. As I hope you will. My love."

His smile grew, his other hand coming up to take hers as well. "But I think your poem has renewed my hope. I have no basis in fact for it, but it is my belief that the story of Kenzo and Utsusemi does not end here." He brought her hands to his lips, kissing one, then the other. "I wanted to share that hope with you. And then we can continue to enjoy the night."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:17 pm 

At some points she wanted to interrupt him, but Utsusemi held herself back. Still, her eyes remained on Kenzo as her grip on his hand also remained firm.

"Kenzo..." she breathed his name, "I... do not know what the future will bring. I have hope, because the strength I have found with you... I could not be able to keep it if I did not have hope." She could feel the sting of tears forming in her eyes. "It is like a fragile little light, but you're the one who keep it shining for me."

Her hazel eyes were moist as she held his gaze. "If this is all we will have, I... too have reconciled myself to it, even if I will never stop hoping for a time to be together with you again, my love. I do not want our paths to diverge completely, but I understand if we must be satisfied with it only running parallel to eachother."

She knew Ryuden would never approve of it. It would be too much of an insult to his ego, probably, even if he did not seem to care for her. Her concern was more with what he would do to Kenzo, rather than her. Or the children.

"Tonight, I do not want to think of the future, and its worries. I just... want it to be us two tonight - just Utsusemi and Kenzo."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:18 pm 

Kenzo listened as Utsusemi spoke, his own eyes wide. They seemed to almost shine in the dark, emotion pooled just under the surface. He smiled as she finished.

He leaned forward then, bracing himself on one hand, bringing his face to hers. He kissed her, tenderly but lingering, relaxing into the kiss. As they parted, he drew a breath, even as his smile returned. "Then let us worry no more."

Sitting back, he lifted her glass, handing it to her with a dramatic flourish. As usual, his good cheer returned almost immediately. "Of course, there are still things to consider. For example, should I serve you baklava, or one of the walnuts. I know you love the baklava..." His fingers selected a walnut, bringing it to her lips. "But perhaps I shall begin with this." His smile quirked. "But the baklava shall come later, I assure you."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:30 pm 

Utsusemi laughed softly, admiring how easily Kenzo seemed to bounce back up again. It took her still a little bit longer to recover as he did. She accepted the drink, smiling as she took a sip. "My, such a difficult question, indeed," she smirked.

"Walnuts seem to be a favorite of yours? Or is there another nut that you like better that we do not have here?" she asked as he selected a walnut. "Ah...thank you," she blushed, daintily accepting the offered walnut with her lips that brushed against his fingertips.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:58 pm 

Kenzo murmured pleasantly at the feeling of Utsu's lips on his fingers. He let his hand brush across her cheek and then back, one finger trailing across her chin.

"Hmm!" Kenzo's eyebrows went up. "I'm not sure that there is. Back in Rokugan, I didn't enjoy them more than any other nut. But I find they take to being candied better than others." He grinned at her. "I may not have the sweet tooth that some others do, but I do enjoy them."

As Kenzo spoke, he idly stroked Utsu's leg with one hand, fingers starting at her knee, and trailing up over the curve of her hip. "And what about you?" He paused, taking another sip of his wine, letting it relax him further. "Is there some sweet you enjoy more than baklava?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:19 am 

"Hmmm... such a difficult question," Utsusemi chuckled, and her leg shifted slightly again as Kenzo started his caress there. "I must admit a fondness for sweets of cherry-flavour... as it was one of the few flavours I liked when I was younger. Hmm... I think Uirō? I remember the ones I had as a child also came in flavours of cherry. It might certainly be my favourite."

She sighed with a hint of reminiscence in her tone. Life truly was so much easier as a child... how she wished her children would have such a happy and carefree childhood that she had enjoyed.

"Did you have many treats like sweets or the like when you were young?"

Last edited by Agasha Utsusemi on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:16 am 

"Is that so?" Kenzo's eyebrows went up, and he gave a quick surprised laugh. "As it happens, cherries are my favorite fruit. I did not often have sweets, not as we would call them. My mother didn't know how to make them, nor did anyone who lived there. But sometimes there would be cherries as a special treat. Those were enough of a treat."

His gaze went distant as he thought back. His hand ceased its gentle stroking, coming to rest on her thigh, warm through her thin robe. "In fact, I can remember sometimes going with my mother to collect them. They were grown a bit farther down the mountain from where we lived. She could have sent someone, of course, and sometimes she did. But I liked to pick out a few myself. I... think I would pick them and eat them right away." His forehead creased. "I can't imagine I would have been tall enough. Was there a ladder? Or perhaps she held me up..." Smiling, he shook his head, the memory not quite coming back to him.

Sighing pleasantly, he took another sip of the port, his glass nearly empty. Idly, his fingers began toying with the fabric of her robe. "So, not sweets as such. But cherries were still a special treat indeed."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:32 am 

"Oh, not even for the New Year celebrations? I remember even the monks and priests of our shrines would indulge in one mochi when celebrating the New Year," she was a little surprised at how rustic his life had been compared to hers, even when they had spoken of their childhood before many times.

Emptying the last of her own port, feeling its warmth go down her throat and into her belly, Utsusemi leaned over for the bottle to get them both a refill. "Hmm... I think I want to buy one of this to bring home. I think I've grown rather enamoured with it," she smirked playfully, popping up the cork.

"Maybe she held you up, but... taking a guess at how adventurous you are, and knowing how energetic little boys can be, I wouldn't be surprised if you climbed the tree to reach the berries." She shot him a playful grin, pouring port in her own glass before offering him a refill.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:03 am 

"Mmm, sometimes for New Year celebrations, yes." Kenzo nodded agreement. "But in the hierarchy of special occasions, that was exceptional, of course." He shrugged. "It was just such an effort to get them, sweets were a rarity. And since I was often just as happy with a handful of cherries, I imagine it hardly seemed worth the effort." He grinned at her as he selected another candied walnut for himself. "I think you've given me a new appreciation for them, though. Seeing you enjoy them so, it seemed that I must have been missing something."

He held out his glass, murmuring thanks as Utsu refilled it. "A fine idea." He said. "I've become rather fond of it myself." The glass was lifted in silent toast before he brought it to his lips for another sip. It was making him pleasantly warm. But not, he judged, so much that he would fall asleep. Good.

Utsu's playfulness was like a lure. Kenzo slid a little closer, his hand resting between hip and waist, fingers gently squeezing her. He laughed softly. "Ah, that I remember, later on. Although these were smaller trees; I remember when I was almost fully grown, they could scarcely hold my weight." His expression grew a little sad. "I'd gone myself then, trying to get a treat for mother. She wasn't doing well..."

He shook it off, brightening. "Would you tell me a little of your family's lands? I can only imagine... perhaps you had a cherry orchard?" He returned her playful smile with one of his own, fingers dancing up her flank.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:16 am 

Utsusemi blushed softly as he pointed out her fondness for sweets... or maybe it was the port? Well... maybe a bit of both. She joined in the silent toast nevertheless and had another sip.

She squirmed a little as his fingers seemed to gently tickle her, and she held back a small laugh. "I can imagine... you, almost a man grown trying to climb small trees..." a soft chuckle blurted out, and she put a hand on his to stop him from any potential tickling attempts.

"An orchard? Hardly," she shook her head. "But my family's estate have many fruit-trees of different sorts; cherry, plum, apple, persimmon, pear, peach, apricot... all very beautiful when they are in bloom. While we adored them as children for the fresh fruit, I suspect they were planeted because of their appearance more than anything, as the gardens around them are made to reflect the season in which they are either blossoming or when they bear fruit."

She sipped the port once more, while also caressing Kenzo's hand. "There are orchards outside though, that the heimin tend to... orchards are not as beautiful as gardens, so it is not something you might nescessarily find in a Crane lord's home," a small smirk adorned her features.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:37 am 

The hand on his effectively stopped any attempt Kenzo had been making to tickle Utsu further. He grinned at her, the grin becoming a warm smile as she caressed his hand. His hand still on her side, he let his thumb come up to gently brush against her fingers as she did so.

"Hmmm." Kenzo said, his expression pleasantly thoughtful. "I certainly understand the distinction between orchard and garden; we had that too, naturally. But while it sounds strange to me to have fruit trees that are more for beauty than for, well, fruit, at least it sounds as though they were enjoyed for that."

He took another sip, savoring the feel in his mouth before swallowing. "I think I've mentioned before-" his lips quirked, "-most notably perhaps in reference to your hands, that I appreciate both form and function, especially when combined. Dragon gardens often have to make up with shapes and arrangement what they lack otherwise, and I haven't seen one with fruit trees in it. It sounds rather lovely, actually."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:47 am 

"Hmm... Dragon gardens tend to have an abundance of rock gardens," she grinned. Not that they weren't pretty too, but she much more preferred green over rock and sand. "Maybe I should see to having a proper garden at home when we return... I think I would like that."

And it would be something to focus her energies on when she was at home. Her fingers laced together with his.

"Though my hands might certainly become dirty and calloused from such work. Still... it is rather nice with such trees in a garden, so in the springtime when their flowers bloom, it all smells so sweet. They are quite beautiful all year-round, I find, though everyone always speak of the beauty of their flowers." She nibbled slightly on her lower lip as she looked at him with a fond smile. "Have you tried persimmon before? It is really quite good... somewhere between apple and peach, maybe - it really is hard to compare it to anything else, as it is so different."

Theme #5Profile

Page 5 of 6 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next