Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 5 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: [D5 LE] Alone (closed)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:07 pm 

With a sigh, Kenzo set down his paint brush. Yes. It was done. He could say with confidence that it was done. Which was good, because much of the light had faded, although the moon was high and bright tonight.

Carefully, he cleaned his brushes, washing them thoroughly, but gently, making sure not to cause undue harm to their delicate bristles. The waiting area had been finished some time ago. His room had likewise been finished, such as it was; he'd spent enough time to make certain it was comfortable, then tucked most of his things in there. It would be enough for him. The last hour or so had been spent ensuring that this shared area would be more comfortable.

Shared... What a curious thought. He shook his head as he set aside his brushes for the last time that night. There'd been so much work, taking them to different parts of the manor, they'd scarcely exchanged more than a dozen words. And some tea; there was always time for tea. Kenzo smiled as his eyes sought his companion.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: [D5 LE] Alone (closed)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:19 pm 

Likewise, Utsusemi was cleaning the brushes of paint and ink. It had been a while since they all had seen this much use in one day, but the result at least was pleasing to the eye. And in a way, being able to work around in this temporary home had been a theraputic treatment after the stress that had followed the storm. But at least for now, the weight of worry and fear was banished from her being and she looked lighter, more at ease.

Her eyes glanced up, catching Kenzo's gaze and smile. She couldn't help but to smile as well... how would she had managed all this without his help?

"It seems we've done all we can for today, yes?" she said, her voice tired yet at the same time lifted from its previous state of gloom. "I think this will be a nice change of pace from sleeping on the ship... seeing as that lost its charm after a week or so."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:30 pm 

Kenzo couldn't help but laugh at that. Even in the pale light, he looked more vital himself than he had in some time. He rose easily to his feet, slowly crossing over to where she sat, step by step.

"At least it lasted a week. It rather felt like an adventure, and sleeping in a hammock was interesting, at least. But novelty is only for new things, and as you say, it rather quickly lost its charm."

As he drew closer, his smile became more playful. "Now, it's back to sleeping on land, thank you very much. Without a crew of sailors nearby. Or other samurai." His lips quirked. "Or Muhaki Berena-sama, reading a book." He said as he came to stand beside her.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:40 pm 

She leaned back slightly, looking up at him from her seat as he drew closer, one step at a time.

"Hm, some nights I might miss the rocking of the sea as I lie down to sleep, but..." her smile widened as she lowered her gaze for a brief moment before looking back up at him. "It is nice to have space. Quiet. Privacy."

She exhaled slowly, placing down her brushes on the cloth to dry. "And I have so much to thank you for."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:51 pm 

"Hmmm. Perhaps so." Kenzo's expression went briefly thoughtful, but his eyes stayed on hers. "I think perhaps there are things that I shall miss. But for now I think I will enjoy those other things that you mention. Savor them to their fullest." His chest rose and fell as he breathed in and out.

His smile faded a little, but lost no intensity, just a little shifting of his expression. "Thank me? For helping Sanjuro-sama? I was pleased to do so."

He extended his hand, palm up, a clear offer to help her to her feet, his smile going even more charmingly crooked.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:59 pm 

She noted how his smile seemed to make him seem even more like a scoundrel, but she had to admit to herself that it was part of Kenzo's charm that she enjoyed. And unlike the unpleasantness with Anzei and Zabieru yesterday, with Kenzo she never felt like she had to be worried for herself around him.

"Not only that," Utsu said gently, taking his hand to rise to her feet. "... Just... being there, being my support when I hardly dared to hope." Her smile faltered a little as she stepped close to him. "So many times... I wished it was me instead of him, because both of you would have managed so much better than I."

Last edited by Agasha Utsusemi on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:09 am 

The smile faltered a bit at that, a flicker of dismay at the imagined situation going across his face. "Please, Utsu-sama, do not wish for that. It was hard enough for me delivering bad news to you. If I'd had to actually carry you out of that jungle..." He shook his head, although the smile grew again. "In every sense except the most literal, I would have had a much harder time."

As she stepped closer, Kenzo felt his heart begin to beat faster. His left hand slid easily around her waist. "But... you're welcome, Utsu-sama. I was happy to do so."

His other hand, too, slid around her waist, easing her closer. "But don't underestimate yourself, either. You took charge very effectively." His lips twisted, his head tilting downward just a little, the better to meet her eyes. "I'd say you... quite impressed me."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:19 am 

"... As I am happy you were here to help me. I could not have done what you did," she looked into his eyes as she gladly moved closer to him, her arms sliding around his figure to embrace him.

"Impress? How... how exactly did I impress?" her eyes met his, and they reflected her curiosity as to what he meant.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:31 am 

For a few moments, Kenzo was lost in the study of those eyes, something he'd not allowed himself to do before that day. A month ago. It seems so long. His breath quickened as she felt her arms slide around her.

Briefly, his arms tightened around her, pulling her against the solidness of his chest, but he relaxed at the seriousness of her question. "Well..." He chewed a lip thoughtfully, his gaze shifting away for a moment before his eyes locked to hers once more. "You handle yourself very well in a crisis. You led the group to find a cure. When it became necessary to split up, you tended to him, and made arrangements with Yogo-sama." His gaze became tender. "You kept an eye on him throughout the night. And even under all that, you performed your duty, treating the wounded."

He smiled. "I performed my part, but you performed yours, too." His eyes held hers, moonlight glinting off of them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:40 am 

Duty was often like a crutch... it had been what had gotten her through some dark times in the past. It was like a rope, or a light at the end of a tunnel; for she knew that if she would do her Duty, everything would be fine somehow, right?

Her fingers tightened over the fabric of his kimono, pulling him closer. She had missed the comfort of his presence like this, especially when the nights had been haunted with bad dreams and terrible nightmares. But also many other times when she merely had wanted the warmth of his presence to soothe her spirit.

"... I should send a letter of thank you to Miya-san, at least. He was a great help too, but," she lifted her chin as she held his gaze, admiring the way the moonlight touched his face and eyes. "... you are my hero." Her smile was almost playful. "As I know you will be there for me."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:09 am 

Kenzo could feel the gentle pull of her hands on his kimono, drawing him in. It sent a surprising thrill through him, the next breath he drew deep and shuddering. It wasn't just all that he felt for her. It was the feeling of being wanted, desired, needed, as powerful as anything he'd ever felt.

His eyes followed the elegant angle of her chin as she regarded him, but her words brought his gaze back to hers. There was no mistaking the sparkle in his eyes, nor the smile on his lips. "Yes. Always." He said, his voice growing rough. Perhaps it's not too late... The playfulness of her smile caught his attention. He couldn't wait any longer.

Gently, he lowered his head, pressing his lips against hers slowly, savoring them, just as he'd said. No longer were they rough as they'd been on the ship, now matching his tenderness. One hand slid up between her shoulders, holding her to him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:24 am 

Their lips meeting felt like like fire and water all at once; like a spark of flame on dry grass for her soul, but like soothing water quenching her thirst for him. And this time she could allow herself to be lost in the moment, as there would be no interruptions or risks of being seen. Strange how she had missed him when they had seen eachother almost all of the day, everyday, for the weeks they had travelled the sea.

And as they were finally alone again, she could let him feel the tenderness and longing of her kiss, her lips soft, warm, and inviting as they had been before.

Her breath was quicker as they found a pause. "... It feels like decades have passed since you held me like this, and for once, it seems we are alone," another caress of her lips against his, "just you and me, and the night."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:38 am 

And savor the moment Kenzo truly did, allowing himself to be fully lost in the feeling of her lips against his, the softness of them so very pleasant. It was strange, he thought, how it seemed to satisfy him, and make his desire stronger at the same time, his lips pressing more firmly against hers.

They broke for a moment, although Kenzo couldn't manage to draw more than a few inches away, his breath mingling warmly with hers. He smilled, chuckling softly at her words. "I was having similar thoughts, I admit. We only kissed for the first time a month ago." He growled softly as their lips brushed together again. "Now, I find that a month where we kiss only once-" He smirked, "-even if that was a very exceptional kiss, seems far too long. And now that we can..." He pressed forward again, his need growing.

He parted again, finding it more difficult each time. "Utsu-sama..." He murmured, his voice throaty but playful. "There's still one room here that I haven't seen."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:57 am 

Her lips pressed together in a mirthful smile. "Oh, I suppose that's true..." her warm chuckle could be felt against his skin. "We can't have that, seeing as you're my protector, it's important that you're familiar with all the rooms here."

She untangled her arms from him, letting her hands slide down his arms until they could find his hands. "Let me show you then, but I hope you will forgive me for it's untidiness..." it was probably a little childish and girly, but Utsu felt almost a bit more like a young maiden who was going to sneak in her lover to her room for the first time, rather than a married woman who had never dared to do such things before her marriage.

At least it wasn't a far way to go, she thought with some relief as she led him by the hands over to her wing of the manor, where she had set up her personal quarters. That the room was hers was easy to spot. First from all the kimono that had been placed out to air after being closed in a chest for the duration of the voyage, and secondly from the nearly complete painting of blossoming tree branches.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:35 am 

"Ooh." Kenzo murmured his appreciation at her teasing, at her evident happiness. His eyes glinted at her, unable to his his own exhilarated grin as she took his hands. "I'm sure I can overlook it..." The feeling of anticipation grew with every step they grew closer to her room. Was the thrill because it was illicit, or because, in a way, it wasn't? Kenzo pushed the thought aside.

Despite his excitement, Kenzo nevertheless paused a moment to appreciate the painting, his eyebrows going up in obvious interest. "Very nice, Utsu-sama." He murmured.

He turned back to her, his playful smile returning, along with the light that seemed to dance in his eyes when he looked at her. "Ah, but Utsu-sama." He said, his tone mock-solemn. "I must admit, I had an ulterior motive for wanting to see this room." He took her in his arms once more, his hands moving against her more firmly now, stroking her through the fabric of her kimono.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:45 am 

"What?" she dramatically feigned shock, her voice lowering even as she enthusiastically played along. "How... how could my protector have ulterior motives? Unless he's actually just a scoundrel in disguise!"

Her body arched slightly in response to his eager caresses, and she couldn't help herself from hugging him tight to kiss him once more, this time more intense and passionately than earlier. "Show me this ulterior motive of yours then," Utsu murmured in a husky tone against his lips.

/fading out?

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:02 am 

Kenzo growled in response to that passion, his lips parting against hers. He could feel her arch against him, his passion rising almost uncontrollably, responding to her need. He could feel it in her, hear it in her voice, just as she could no doubt feel the excited tension in the muscles of her body.

He kissed down her neck. "I'll always be your hero, Utsu-sama." He said, his voice rough with passion. "But when you need me to be, I'll also be your scoundrel."

/fade in...

Kenzo sighed happily, his arms tightening around Utsusemi. "Utsu-sama..." He murmured, kissing her forehead. He was more than content to lie there, holding her.

On the other hand... "Do you think we should move the rest of the way to the futon? We'll probably be more comfortable there." He tilted his neck upwards. Indeed, their progress had been halted, attention turned towards other matters, with the futon still about two arms-lengths away.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:11 am 

"Mmm..." the tip of her fingers traced a path along the skin of his exposed back. It wasn't until the heat of the moment was subsiding that one would notice that floors aren't very comfortable to rest upon for lengths a time. "Good idea."

She kissed his neck, and they began the awkward procession to a more comfortable resting place. Unlike back in Dragon's Guard City, the air still felt warm, even this late in the day, and she did enjoy the opportunity to have more time to study his physique now that they had no need to cover up quickly or get dressed so soon after.

"You don't have to call me -sama, Kenzo," Utsu chided him gently as they settled down again and she curled up close to him. "Not when we're like this."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:32 am 

The awkward repositioning involved a bit of laughter, silly as it was. And Kenzo was cheerful to the point of it bubbling over. They settled down again, cuddling up to one another.

Kenzo appeared perhaps even a touch more lean than he had the last time she'd seen him, the travel on the ship having been a little rough. But he still had a healthy build, with tight muscles, especially the arms and shoulders. His skin had a few scars here and there, but was surprisingly soft; he'd clearly bathed vigorously earlier that day. As they lay together, his hand stroked down her side, up over the curve of her hip again and again, clearly appreciating the shape of her.

He made a face, chuckling. "I suppose you're right. Hmmm. It was difficult enough calling you Utsu-sama though. Utsu?" His lips pressed together. "Perhaps when it's just us, like this, I could say Utsusemi? It's a lovely name, you know. I rather like saying the whole thing."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:43 am 

Like Kenzo, Utsusemi also seemed to have lost a little of the softness she had had before departing from the Empire, even going as far as having toned up a little. She had washed and scrubbed earlier in the day, but much to her dismay, the places where her skin had tanned could not be scrubbed back to their pre-tanned look.

"Utsu," she chuckled at the face he made. "I don't mind that. Utsusemi... you know, you always just say Utsu-sama, it's a little different to hear you say the full name. Both make me happy to hear you say," she snuggled up against him, lovingly kissing his neck.

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 5 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next