Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:33 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 4 of 5 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: [D5 LE] Alone (closed)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:39 am 

Kenzo held her, murmuring soft reassurances. His chest rose and fell with his even breath, and she could hear the steady thump of his heart within his chest. Around her, his arms held her to him, solidly, but not suffocation.

Just for a moment, his eyes closed, his jaw set. It had been a most confusing and sometimes wonderful month, culminating in this night. Seeing her pain, feeling her tears splash against his skin seemed to tear him inside, deeper than he had realized his feelings ran. But he let no sign of it show as he held her. I will be your hero, Utsusemi.

Still gently stroking her hair, he swallowed, nodding. "I remember." His voice was deep. "Go ahead. It's okay."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:59 am 

"It... wasn't just that he hurt them," Utsusemi started, inhaling sharply as if she was worried she might run out of breath. "I found Tsumugi hiding, crying... and when I asked about Yoshi, she said: the bad man have him."

She pressed her eyes close. "Even as she said it, a part of me knew who she meant, but I didn't want to acknowledge it then. It... we went looking for him, and ended up in Ryuden's study... except it was more like a forge, and... there was blood, I think, and I saw," her form tensed in his arms, "... it was just a glimpse, but I thought I saw Yoshi's arm, limp and..."

Her body shivered like a fragile leaf as she was working through the traumatic vision.

"I couldn't get Tsumugi away from him... he took her, and... I couldn't do anything against him. It all turned black, and when I came to, they were gone, except for him." Utsusemi tilted her head up, daring to look at Kenzo for the first time in a while now. "He said... I would bear more again, without failure... and," her gaze lowered again, in fear and shame, as well as clear revulsion of the words Ryuden had spoken in her dreams. For even if it had been a dream, it was something that seemed too likely and possible for her. "That you would... provide a different specimen."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:24 am 

It was impossible for Kenzo not to be affected by the horror in her words. He could feel his teeth clench, his eyes go wide at the terrible image she described. But if he perhaps clutched her to him just a little more tightly, it was hard to tell, the gentle reassurance of his touch not slowing, even as he felt her tense in his arms.

Composing his expression, he tilted his head to meet her gaze. But there was no staying entirely composed in the face of what she said. He blinked, his lips parting. "Oh." He said softly, briefly stunned.

He shook his head. "Utsu... no, it can't be true. Ryuden-sama can be cold, yes, but they're his own children. I could never believe he would view them as, as specimens. Nor that he would be so cold as to... if you and I..." He let out a puff of breath. "No. It was just a dream." His tone was strangely intent, matched in the intensity of his gaze.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:36 am 

Utsusemi caught that there was something more to his tone, in his eyes as she met them, even through her teary vision. She looked at him questioningly as she tried to find the words to call him out on what he was really getting at.

"... Are you saying that because of your nightmare?" she finally asked, seeking to hold his gaze instead of hiding herself this time.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:52 am 

Kenzo's eyes held an almost desperate concern as he looked into hers, beautiful through the tears. "No. Or... I don't know."

He took a deep breath. "I told you I was in a library. Ryuden-sama was there, and told me I needed to give myself to science. So that I could save you." He swallowed, but his gaze was steady on hers.

"You were sealed in some sort of glass. I couldn't break it, couldn't get you out. I tried to find a solution in the books, but..." He shook his head, his gaze finally dropping away. "Right before I... before the dream ended, I suddenly knew that from the start, it was too late. I could never have saved you because you were already gone."

His eyes came up again suddenly, the intensity redoubled, one hand coming up to take hers, squeezing it tightly. "Utsu, please, let us disprove both dreams at once. Tell me that it's not too late."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:05 am 

Utsusemi squeezed his hand tightly in return as they held onto eachother. "I'm here, Kenzo. I'm not gone... I'm not sealed away or forgotten," she said, reaching out with the other hand to comfortingly touch his cheek, her eyes meeting his.

She wanted to tell him... just so that this secret between her and the two brothers wouldn't drag her down completely. No, I can't... he... I can't bear it if he looks at me with disgust.

Instead, she smiled sadly at him, trying to sound reassuring even if she wasn't certain herself. "It's not too late... I'm sure of it."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:25 am 

Kenzo took a deep breath, smiling as her hand touched his cheek. Some of the fear faded from his eyes, replaced with warmth. And yet, why was there that tinge of sadness in her smile?

"Good." He said. His lips held just the hint of a smile, but his tone was firm. "Because even if it was too late, that wouldn't stop me from trying. I'll attempt the impossible, if that's what it takes." His lips quirked, his hand coming up to cup her cheek, just as she was holding his. "Because I'm your hero, Utsusemi. And that's what that means to me."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:43 am 

His words chased away the dark clouds of fear and shame, and she breathed a brief giggle with relief. It was that sweet sincerity that she adored about him, and how it could at least make her laugh or smile.

"You are my hero, Kenzo. I just didn't realise it all these years that you were, but you are. You comfort me, make me laugh, and smile... knowing you are here with me, I feel safe." Guiding him closer with the hand on his cheek, she leaned closer to timidly kiss him. It was not a kiss of desire like earlier, but an earnest, tender gesture of love.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:15 am 

It was strange for him, Kenzo thought, for his feelings to be so entwined with someone else's. And yet, there was no denying that hearing her giggle lifted his spirits immensely. His lips met hers with a matching tenderness, simply enjoying the touch of her, and her closeness.

"That makes me very glad, Utsu." He said, his hand leaving her cheek to stroke through her hair. "If there's anything I can do to relieve you of your worries, I hope you will let me. Just like the swan, struggling beneath the surface, and I, ah..." He frowned. "Blast, I should have known better than to enter a metaphor I didn't know my way out of." He gave her a smile. "I hope you take my meaning anyway."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:24 am 

His little stumble over the metaphor made her smile widen, and she kissed him once more. "I understand."

"Tonight, at least, all I ask is that we can stay together... beside eachother?" She knew she could not spend every night with him, and it would be unwise to indulge in their passions every day, but at least she wanted to have tonight with him, when all they had had before had been brief moments. "And in the morning... well, we'll try to not burn down the kitchen."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:16 am 

"Hmmm." Kenzo smiled. "Avoid burning down the kitchen. I did promise to try the impossible. I hope I can manage that."

"But staying here tonight, with you..." He leaned forward, kissing her gently. "I truly cannot think of anything I could want more than that. Utsusemi." He seemed to savor her name as he said it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:20 am 

Hearing the way he said her name felt like her soul soared. Had she always wanted him to say it like that.

"I'm happy to hear that, Kenzo," she smiled, her lips lingering not far from his. "... Or is there anything else you want me to call you?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:40 am 

"Mmm." Kenzo murmured. Idly, he traced a finger down her arm. His breathing was slowing, his expression contented. "I don't know. I've never really thought about that. I've always been Kenzo."

For just a moment, just a hint of wistfulness entered his eyes. "I know when I became an adult, I was supposed to choose a new name. Not the one my mother gave me. But... I couldn't quite manage to, just then." The wistfulness faded, his lips twisting. "I've always been comfortable with it, anyway."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 am 

"Oh..." she looked a little bashful for a brief moment, though there was a fondness in her expression in reaction to his touch. "I... did wonder what your childhood name was, but... I did not want to ask, in case it would be a sad memory for you."

At least she could understand very well why he had chosen to keep it. "It is a nice name, nonetheless."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:07 am 

"Thank you." Kenzo said softly, smiling. He was silent a moment, looking at her, still smiling.

"But as for what to call me..." His smile grew. "You called me your hero. I don't think any name could be better than that. Besides, most of the time, you don't even need to say anything. When I look into your eyes, I know... you have the most beautiful eyes, Utsu..." He sighed softly, pleasantly, sleep beginning to drift into his voice.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:59 pm 

Sensing the drowsiness sneaking up on him, Utsusemi smiled warmly and kissed him once more. "And you are rather handsome yourself as well," she spoke in a quiet tone as she gently pushed him on his back.

"But it sounds like it's time for you to get some rest, my hero. At least allow me to watch over you while you rest to regain your strength."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:16 pm 

Kenzo didn't resist at all, letting Utsu ease him onto his back. "Mmmm. Charmer." He murmured softly, lips managing a smirk.

His eyes went half-open at her words. "That sounds wonderful. But you'll sleep too? The last few days have been rough. I promise to keep you warm..." Indeed, he did seem to be radiating heat. His hands gently urged her to lie down with him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:23 pm 

His inviting warmth was too much to resist, and he was right; the last few days had been rough. And tonight was the first night in a while to sleep in a proper bed without a ship full of people around.

"How can I refuse such an offer?" she murmured and slipped easily into his arms, also feeling the weariness and sleepiness pushing on her mind as she tried to stifle a yawn. "Goodness... some sleep sounds good now... mmm."

Utsusemi curled up comfortably against her protector, her eyes closing. "Good night, Kenzo."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:36 pm 

Kenzo's arms settled around her easily, comfortably. They fit together rather nicely, he felt. He couldn't remember being more comfortable, more content. No, not just content. Happy.

"Good night, Utsusemi." Even as a whisper, his tongue lingered over those syllables. He sighed softly, his own eyes closing.

A little time passed, and he spoke again, his voice so soft he seemed to just be breathing the words. "I don't know why poets warn about feeling like this. It seems wonderful to me..." He trailed off, his breathing growing deeper.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:50 pm 

"Hmm..." she breathed deeply, taking in the scent of him as she did. She had theories and ideas of why they did so, but more often than not, poetry was the ultimate expression of emotions that could not be said otherwise.

"Jaa... who knows?" Utsusemi settled for as her answer, rather than getting herself worked up over the popularity of love poems. Love was one of the greatest sources for inspiration, she recalled her sensei say once.

She chuckled softly as she shifted slightly against him to find just the right position to fall asleep in. "Ask me in the morning, maybe... sleep now."

Theme #5Profile

Page 4 of 5 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next