Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 5 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: [D5 LE] Alone (closed)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:39 am 

He closed his eyes, tilting his chin up, murmuring as she kissed his neck. "Mmm." He smiled. Slowly, his eyes opened. "Very well. Utsu. Utsu. Hmmm." His smile grew, just a little. "I think I can manage it. But Utsusemi will be special, I think. For when I really mean it." He leaned his head back, just enough so that he could look into her eyes. For a moment, it looked as though he was going to say something. Instead, he leaned forward, kissing her lips.

Settling back down, he resumed the steady stroke of his fingers down her side. "Utsu..." He began, slowly. "What you said earlier, about me being your hero. Did you really mean that?" His voice was soft, his breath brushing her forehead.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:48 am 

She lamented a little bit that there wasn't really a suitable way for her to shorten his name to something more intimate to share between the two of them. Briefly she contemplated asking what his mother had called him, but decided against it as she knew it could be a tender subject for him.

"Of course," was her first response to his question. "Of course I mean it, Kenzo." Utsu sought his gaze as she lovingly cupped his cheek with her hand. "Why do you ask?'

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:35 am 

Kenzo's eyes were soft as they met Utsu's. His hand came up, gently cupping hers, even as hers cupped his.

"Mmm." His lips twisted. "I've never been a hero before. Nor especially thought of myself as one. I've thought of myself as a... a naturalist." He grinned. "Or perhaps an adventurer. I rather liked the sound of that one, in fact."

The smile faded, his gaze going tender once more. "But I think, for you, I did aspire to be a hero. That you think of me as such... it means a great deal to me." His hand moved from hers to cup her cheek in turn, his touch gentle.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:44 am 

She made a small 'aww' sound and kissed his lips tenderly.

"I didn't know that being my hero was something you aspired to. What made you start thinking like that?"

Last edited by Agasha Utsusemi on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:28 pm 

Kenzo's expression turned thoughtful, but very pleasantly so, happy feelings still bubbling up in him. "I'm not entirely sure. I remember, at first, I wanted to impress you. Ah, and I don't mean like this, to clarify." Grinning, he kissed her. "Just, perhaps, to be on my best behavior."

A hint of wistfulness entered his eyes. "Nor I am sure when that desire became a desire to make you happy. To see you laugh, or at least smile. I fancy I was good at that."

His expression became more serious. "To be your hero... that must have come sometime after. But lacking clear points of delineation, I cannot say when." Some intensity entered his eyes, his fingers gripping the curve of her hip just a little more tightly. "I'm just glad that I could help you."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:43 pm 

She hummed thoughtfully, and a playful gasp slipped out as he tightened his hold over her hip.

"Well, you always made me smile, Kenzo," Utsusemi confessed with a soft murmur. "You always seemed to be so cheerful and excited, it was hard not to smile the times you were around, even if... even if I wasn't thinking of us like this back then."

Her lips pressed together as his expression turned more serious. "And I am glad you are here, to help me and be both the scoundrel and hero I need," her eyes closed as she leaned forward until their foreheads and noses touched.

"It's been lonely," she sighed. "But your presence now is such a great comfort, even when I know that when we return home... moments like this will be rare and far between."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:11 pm 

Kenzo couldn't help but grin. "Well, I was just pleased to find someone who appreciated my sense of humor. And had one to match."

His eyes closed as well as she pressed their foreheads gently together, their noses touching. The tenderness of the gesture touched him deeply, a sudden surge of emotion filling him. "Always." He whispered.

His eyes opened again at her sigh; he listened solemnly to her words. "Hey." His hand came up to gently brush across her cheek, lingering in her hair a moment, as he gave her a smile. "Let's focus on now. Now, you've made me very happy indeed. And later will come, but..." His smile quirked, his muscled shoulders rising and falling noticeably as he shrugged. "I find myself at least somewhat optimistic about later, too."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:26 pm 

His words made her smile easily. "You're quite the optimist," her tone showed her admiration of that particular trait of his. "Focusing on the now sounds good. There are still appearances that must be kept up, but with your room being on the other side of the house, and you as my yojimbo... I think we're good."

What the locals thought didn't bother her so much, but the Imperial Explorers were still here and she had to take that into consideration... especially seeing as both Jama and Yajinden were here. And Sanjuro.

What if Sanjuro suspects? she thought with some concern. Unlike Kenzo, Utsusemi was far from a carefree being.

"And being here with you now, is good too," she pressed such worrisome thoughts aside as she hugged him closer. "So... apart from hunting bees and being a hero, have you had the chance to experience the island yet?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:59 pm 

Kenzo grinned. "I am. And you trust me." His hand stroked along her side again. "Trust in my optimism."

He gave a nod. "But yes, I do understand the need to keep up appearances. Most of the time, I will be Utsu-sama's yojimbo." He leaned forward, lips brushing hers, before moving to her ear. "This will be for us only. Utsusemi." He whispered softly.

He settled back, although still very close, their faces almost touching, letting her snuggle in close to him. He laughed softly at her words. "Actually, finding help for Sanjuro has given me something of a tour of the island. Let's see. Hmmm." His expression went thoughtful. "I met a very interesting fellow yesterday, a warrior of some sort. And Genta-sama, up at the mill. And Ide Mohan-sama." He looked at her. "Ide Mohan-sama claims to be from the Ki-Rin, descended from those who left the Empire so long ago."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:00 pm 

She raised an eyebrow at that. "The Ki-rin? Shinjo-kami's clan?" she asked, surprise evident in her voice.

"... Do you believe him? That he is a descendant of Lady Shinjo's clan?"

---

D5 Fluff history roll: 3d10 12

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:07 pm 

His own eyebrows going up, Kenzo nodded. "Yes, I do. I don't see any other possibility. The idea of a ruse seems too implausible."

He sighed thoughtfully, his expression going distant again. "Khenbish said a number of things that made me consider the possibility. Had I been paying more attention, I'd have been certain, but I'm afraid I was half-asleep." He shook his head. "Today, speaking with Ide-sama, it was much more clear. They've changed, but I think it's them. And Ide-sama did prepare the medicine that saved Sanjuro-sama." Kenzo's lips twisted. "Besides, I don't think Miwaz and his monkey would have led me astray."

Kenzo sighed again, shifting slightly. One finger slowly trailed down Utsu's back. "I'm not quite sure what it all means, though. Perhaps you would like to meet one of them?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:14 pm 

Her back arched faintly in response to the trail he left.

"... I do not see the harm in it," she nodded after a moment of thought, and also enjoying his touch. "Perhaps invite one of them over here? Do they still speak Rokugani, at least? Or something else?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:48 pm 

Kenzo took a deep breath, his gaze briefly growing intense again. The sensation of Utsu arching against him was a very pleasant one. He continued to stroke her back, although a bit more gently, while also resolving to remember the reaction for the future. Perhaps twenty minutes or so into the future...

Letting out a puff of breath, he nodded. "I think inviting them here would be a fine idea. After all, we put so much work into the receiving room." He chuckled. "But it seems entirely appropriate to invite Ide-sama, as thanks. And because there's much we could learn from each other." He hmmm'd thoughtfully. "Unlike Ide-sama, Khenbish didn't speak Rokugani. I spoke to him in Yobanjin. Nevertheless, he showed me hospitality. Bought me lunch, if you can believe it." He shrugged. "I should like to repay the favor, if I encounter him again."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:59 pm 

"Mm..." she breathed a pleasant tone in response to the caresses.

"Yobanjin... the language of the northern tribes?" Utsusemi said, somewhat puzzled. "That is a strange language around here. I never learned it, I'm afraid. But you are right that we should repay the favour. Hmm... I was never that good with cooking, besides the basics, but I could make an effort unless you want to try?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:15 am 

"Yes." Kenzo said. "In truth, I felt that lent the tale greater verisimilitude. The Ki-Rin certainly could have had contact with them on their way out of the Empire. And it seems unlikely that the language would have spread to them otherwise."

"Cook?" Kenzo chuckled. "I don't think I could do any better. On the other hand, it seems only fair that I try. I assume you'd be providing any guests with tea, and you're much better at that than I am." He grinned suddenly, his fingers gently tickling her flesh. "Well, except for the Mirumoto style, of course."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:35 am 

Utsusemi yelped in response to the sudden but inevitable betrayal by tickling. "Hey, that's not fair!" In retaliation, she balled up her hand in a fist and playfully punched the shoulder she had treated before they left Dragon's Guard City.

"... You don't have to cook if we're at risk of a kitchen-fire, just so you know. And I would object to the Mirumoto ceremony being performed for anyone else; it's a clan secret, you said so," she feigned an indignant huff at the thought of sharing such prized secrets with outsiders.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:45 am 

Kenzo laughed. "Uff! Unfair!" He grinned at her, his hand coming up to capture hers. "You know all my weak points." Possibly true, but only fair. He'd started it, after all, and was rather pleased at her reaction.

He brought that hand to his lips, gently kissing it. "And I won't risk kitchen fire, don't worry. Goodness, that would be an ignominious way to lose the 'hero' title. I think I can do better than that."

His eyes glinted in the dark. "And as for the ceremony..." He tilted his head, kissing the elegant line of her jaw, once, twice, three times. "I assure you, that's only for you, Utsusemi."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:52 am 

"Yes, it would be quite the scandalous end your hero-career," she retorted with a giggle - which faded into pleasant sighs as her jawline was kissed.

"Mm, I like the sound of that. The way you say the name, and that you will only perfom that ceremony for me." Utsusemi's lips parted into a grin, her teeth brushing against her lower lip. "Maybe you'll get a chance to show off your stylish kimono for your new friend... if it survived the storm, that is?"

There wasn't much she could do about the elements, but she hoped the embroidered work had at least managed it through the great storm.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:05 am 

"Always..." The kisses began to trail down Utsu's neck, his hand tightening around her waist...

He pulled back at her question though, sobering just a little. In truth, he felt his behavior during the storm wasn't as heroic as he aspired to be. "It did, in fact." He said, nodding. "I managed to get belowdecks, and secure my things. I'm glad it made it through. As well as the fan."

He brightened a little. "But, yes. Perhaps the kimono would be appropriate for meeting Ide-sama. For Khenbish... hmmm." He tilted his head thoughtfully. "I think he might be more impressed by the armor. He seemed to be a warrior." The thoughtful look deepened. "He said his family name was Moto. Do you recognize that one?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:14 am 

"Armour?" Utsusemi couldn't help but to chuckle in surprise at the suggestion. "I... am not sure what sort of reaction that might get. Hopefully not a hostile one."

She made a 'hm' sound as she thought about his question. "I do not think so, no, except it is frequently used in names; Mirumoto, Yoshimoto, Motoko... hmm... maybe some sort of Yobanjin-tribe name?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 2 of 5 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next