Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 5 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: [D5 LE] Alone (closed)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:27 am 

Kenzo shook his head. "No, I should hope not. But he seemed to respect me more for my pistols, and my professed ability to use them." His lips twisted. "Perhaps he'd be even more impressed if I provided a demonstration." He raised both hands, miming firing pistols with both of them. "The yelling might really help..."

"I suppose." Kenzo shrugged. "Not my area of study. Perhaps Berena would know? We could ask her." He suppressed the urge to glance around for the gaijin woman. Definitely just us. "Or perhaps Ide-sama would know." He frowned. "Khenbish did seem less Rokugani than Ide-sama did. Perhaps the Moto integrated with the Ki-Rin after they left the Empire? That would be curious."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:47 am 

"Not exactly my area of study either," she reminded him with a smirk. "But that sounds like a possible hypothesis, though I am reluctant to go to conclusions without learning more. Bellena might know, 'tis true." Utsusemi nodded thoughtfully. "I will ask next time I see her. Had I known earlier, I would asked her today."

"She wanted to show me the Merenaese clothing and have me try it on... seeing as there might be some formal affair in the near-future, with a visiting prince and all," there was a faint blush to her cheeks as she thought about the outfits she had tried on earlier that day. "... It might be good to have something to go with the local trends here."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:55 am 

"Oh?" Kenzo listened, his eyebrows going up as he spotted the blush. "Hmmm, perhaps I'll have a very good opportunity to wear my newly embroidered kimono. How intriguing."

He grinned suddenly. "But not as intriguing as the rest of what you said! Berena wanted you to try on some of the Merenaese clothing? Well, did you?" He propped himself up on his elbow, a grin still lighting his features.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:36 am 

His enthusiasm over hearing about such girlish activities made her bury her face against his chest as she suppressed a laugh. "Verily, I did not know fashion intrigued you so. Should I bring you along the next time?" Utsusemi tilted her head up to look at him. "Or are you just interested in the part where she helped me undress?"

"But to answer your question, yes, I did try on a couple of her dresses. The first one was alright, not too much to my tastes, but the second one was a very lovely red dress. The silk was as fine as that made in the lands of the Doji, and it was very pleasing to the eye."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:56 am 

Kenzo failed to suppress a laugh, his chest shaking gently as Utsu buried her face against it. He quickly kissed the top of her head, inhaling as he did so.

"Ahhh..." He had the grace to redden slightly at her question, even as he gave her an innocent look. "There may some aspects I was more interested in than others. And some gaijin clothing is rather... well!" It was interesting how the thought of Utsu in such clothing was exciting, even with her entirely without clothing...

He listened, his expression interested. "I have a difficult time imagining you in red." He said, his voice soft. "But I can only imagine that you looked very lovely indeed." He sighed, giving her a crooked smile. "Ahhh... were you planning on acquiring some clothing in the local style, then?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:09 am 

"Red is not really my colour, no," she agreed, kissing his chest in return for the one he gave her. There was still some scent of the ocean in her hair, even after thorough washing and care, but it still had her scent.

"Yes, I was planning on that," Utsusemi nodded, not wanting to reveal the specifics on that plan, as a part of her wanted to surprise Kenzo a little. "... What about you? Any of the local styles that interests you?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:22 am 

"Oh?" Kenzo said, his voice almost a purr. "You have me very intrigued, Utsu." The scent of her lingered, exciting him.

But Utsu's question did divert his attention. "I'm not entirely sure." Kenzo said. "I'll admit, I've mostly been looking at things from a functional standpoint. A kimono, even such a practical one as I travel in, seems like it may lose something in effectiveness to the leggings they wear. I've seen belts with spots for pistols to be placed, allowing them to be drawn faster." A moment of hesitation, and his lips twisted. "I will admit to admiring some boots I've seen."

His eyebrows went up. "But for style, I fear I'm not the best judge. What do you think, Utsu? Have you seen a style that would favor me?" He pulled back from her, just a tiny bit, allowing her to once again better see his figure, if she so desired.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:32 am 

Who was she to turn down an opportunity to look more at his undressed form, and she did admire the view with a very intrigued smile.

Utsusemi made a drawn out contemplative-sound as she looked. "... Yes, belts with holders for pistols seems a sound choice. I'm not sure if their leggings are more practical than hakama yet, but..." her gaze was slowly changing from admiring his physique to viewing him as a possible canvas for a new idea.

"Hm, now I will be up all night trying to think of something suitable for you," she teased him and gave his side a playful poke, as payback for the tickling earlier.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:00 am 

Kenzo couldn't help but feel a little self-conscious as Utsu began to look at him, even though it had been his suggestion. The feeling faded almost instantly as he saw the admiration in her eyes, filling him with warmth instead. He watched her, his gaze loving.

"Hmmm." He shrugged. "Testing and experimentation, even in clothing. I should certainly be willing to give it a try. If you can help me choose something appropriately stylish, so much the better."

He laughed as she poked his side, rocking a little in response, his enjoyment evident on his face. His eyes grew bright, though, his smile playful. "I appreciate the thought, Utsu, but..." His gaze grew more intense, as he leaned closer, his voice dropping to a whisper. "That's not why you're going to be up all night."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:13 am 

Kenzo wasn't the only one self-conscious as the two of them both seemed to be studying the other, but seeing the smile and warmth in his expression, she at least did not feel she had anything to be ashamed of.

Utsusemi leaned closer as well when he did, nibbling on her lower lip as his voice dropped to a whisper.

"All night?" she raised an eyebrow, her voice lowered to a sensual whisper. "... That is a very boastful statement, even for you," she chuckled and let her fingers trail down his chest. "Are you sure you can back up your words?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:28 am 

Oh, my. Kenzo couldn't help but watch that lip of hers, so effectively drawing his attention. The only thing stopping him from kissing it was her words. The sensual whisper sent a thrill through him, filling him with desire. He took a deep breath, his eyes intense on hers.

"Oh..." For a moment, his eyes went half-closed. His muscles tensed pleasantly under her touch. "I can only say, Utsusemi, that I promise to always give you my best."

He kissed her then, suddenly, hungrily, his lips parting against hers. Once more, his hand slid down her back, stroking the flesh, even as he began to push himself upright, leaning over her...

/possiblefadeohmy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:42 am 

"I will hold you to that promise," she said in-between their hungry kisses, fingers sliding across his lean form, caressing and conveying her desire. Her knee pushing up against his side as she pulled him closer to her...

/faded to black
/and fading back in

Even by now the air was feeling chilly, despite the still warm temperature. Utsusemi knew it was because of their bodies cooling off as they both lay exposed, entangled in eachothers arms. Her mind was slowly turning back to its usual state, after having only focused on the two of them in this moment.

She enjoyed the silence between them, merely listening to his breath, but it also made her think back on the past couple of days... weeks, even. "Kenzo," she murmured, kissing his forehead tenderly, but she couldn't quite bring herself to voice the questions that was on her mind.

"... Thank you," Utsusemi added after a small pause.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:17 am 

Afterwards, Kenzo's breathing quickly became steady. It was not sleep, not even quite a doze. But the physical exertion and satisfaction, followed by gently holding Utsusemi, their limbs pleasantly entwined, was extremely restful. It seemed to him to be a special sort of intimacy, as important in its way as the act they'd so recently shared. Kenzo's focused mind kept out everything else; for a time, Utsu seemed to be his entire world.

His body seemed to radiate heat; almost automatically, he did his best to encircle her with his arms. At the touch of her lips on his forehead, his eyes fluttered open. The look he gave her was gentle, loving, growing a touch curious as she hesitated.

Kenzo smiled at her words. "You don't have to thank me, Utsu." He said, his words coming slowly. "I am who I am. I could not do otherwise. It is in my nature to act as I do. To..." He hesitated, swallowing. "To feel as I do." His hand came up, gently stroking back a strand of her hair, his eyes still on hers.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:19 pm 

"I know, just... maybe I'm at a loss for words to say how you make me feel. Quite the shame, for a poet to not find the words," her chuckle was soft and she rested her head against his.

"But you being you... I'm very happy for that." Indeed, it was almost a weird sensation to finally grasp this feeling of contentment.

Though it was short-lived, as she felt a slinking feeling of shame.

"... I just wish it had been different," Utsu murmured.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:20 pm 

Kenzo murmured happily, closing his eyes as she leaned her head against his. "If I can make you speechless sometimes, I will take that as a compliment." The joke came easily, but his expression was serious, thoughtful, as he struggled to find words for his feelings as well.

But hers worked. "And I'm happy for who you are, too." His arms tightened around her, just a little.

Her next words, though, drew his attention. He tilted his head to look at her, his forehead creased lightly with concern. "Different?" He echoed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:13 pm 

"That... " Utsusemi sighed, "it didn't have to be like this. Hiding, going behind my husband's back... I'm sorry, I know it's probably different for you."

She hugged him tightly, seeking the comfort of his warmth and form.

"I wish it had been you... Not him."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:12 pm 

"Yes..." Kenzo sighed. "I fancy it's easier for me. I owe your husband, but..." He shook his head. "In a way, I owed you, too. For opening your home to me, for teaching me as much as he ever did, even if the subjects were different. And now, well!" He smiled softly. "I may wish we could be more open, but I feel little conflict.

Kenzo hugged her in return, pulling her against the solidness of his chest, driven by a sudden need to comfort her, and be comforted in return.

He closed his eyes, silent a moment, a confusing combination of feelings welling up inside him. "Utsu... Utsusemi." He said, his voice a whisper. "I confess that I had a similar thought today. Sharing this house with you, sharing your bed- and the floor just in front of your bed." His lips briefly twisted at the joke, but quickly became serious again. "I find it very easy to forget that we, that you..." He trailed off uncertainly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:46 pm 

Utsusemi's head nodded gently against him.

"It's easy to forget in the moment," she agreed. "Were I a better wife, maybe I wouldn't want you as much as I do, but..."

Her voice trembled as her hands tightened together over his skin. "I'm only human... one with faults and wants. I shouldn't make you do this, only because I crave the companionship he won't give..."

I'm such a sinful creature, but it's his fault too. It's not my fault. I've done nothing wrong...

"It's not my fault," she sobbed, unable to completely hold back all the thoughts that plagued her.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:22 pm 

Kenzo's breath caught, his brown eyes gradually widening as the woman he cared so much for began to sob in his arms.

"No... no, Utsu..." Almost desperately, he clutched her against him. "You haven't done anything wrong! I've seen how you do your duty, to your husband, to your children. There could be none better. I've seen it." His voice, which had been intent, grew soothing.

One hand came up, stroking gently through her hair again and again. "But you are only human. We are. You can't only give, and get nothing in return." He sighed, his eyes closing. "Let me make you happy, at least a little. You deserve so much to be happy..." The last dropped to a fervent whisper, the sincerity of his words undeniable.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:25 am 

Silently, Utsusemi held him tightly, her sob quiet as she tried to convince herself of his words. Kenzo was sincere, she could tell, but it was hard to build up something that had been supressed for so long: the sense of self-esteem that she deserved happiness.

"Kenzo," she hugged him, letting her tears fall against his skin. It took her a few tries to calm herself with his soothing gestures and calming presence. "... you remember when we talked about our nightmares, on the boat?"

She sniffled a few more times. "I didn't... I couldn't talk about it all. I didn't want anyone to hear, but it's been hard to forget it, even when knowing that it was just something horrible that's not true. If it makes any sense?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 3 of 5 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next