Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Marriage Counselling (D5, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:34 am 

"?!"

There wasn't so much a silent protest, as there was a silent moment of 'what in Jigoku is going on?!', when Utsusemi felt Akarei's lips against her own. It took her a couple of seconds to properly comprehend what was happening.

With gentle, yet somehow firm, hands on Akarei's shoulders, the Agasha created some distance between them very carefully. Her face was flushing even if she wasn't going to acknowledge it herself.

"...I... I think I understand what you mean, Yogo-san," the silver-haired one murmured with some surprise, lifting one hand from Akarei's shoulder to briefly conceal her mouth as she tried to think of what to say next.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:41 am 

Akarei took a few steps backwards as well. She was flabbergasted, unsure of how it had gone from such an uplifting moment to one of utter despair. She looked down to her shaking hands and then to the woman in front of her. "Agasha-sama," she started, though she found that there were no more words coming out. There was much to be said, it was fluttering within her mind much like the recent storm, but still she did not speak.

The Scorpion lifted her hand to her mask to remove it but stopped herself. She took a shallow breath and took another step backwards. "I'm sorry, I should go."

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:59 am 

"Yogo-san..." Utsusemi began, in a very careful tone, keeping a hand on the younger woman's shoulders.

"...It's alright, hm? I am not upset, just very... surprised." Well, she was a little upset, but she understood that Akarei didn't need to hear that right now. "Don't worry, I won't tell Suzume-san about... this subject."

"But have you spoken to him about it?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:08 am 

A few tears began streaming down her face. Though her mask caught some of it, it was possible for a bit of it to continue onward, or for her nose to start sniffling. "No, Agasha-sama. I haven't spoken to him at all on the matter."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:13 am 

Noticing the tears, the sniffling, and how sad Akarei seemed, Utsusemi felt her maternal instincts kick in hard as it made her think of the nightmare with her daughter crying. And so she pulled Akarei into her warm arms to embrace her in a mother's comforting hug.

"Shh... it's alright. If you need to cry, go on," she said in a soothing tone as she did her best to be supportive of this young Yogo who was clearly having a difficult time. Arranged marriages were already hard enough for many samurai, but Akarei had the added burden of her family's curse and now this on top of it too. "Take your time."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:30 am 

"I don't need to cry," she whimpered. Much to her dismay, the sniffling did get worse. She did not do much to interact with the hug. There was no part of her that pulled away but also none that accepted it. "He is pretty," she admitted, "That's what the matchmaker had said, at least."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:43 am 

"To Jigoku with what she said," she said a little sternly, though it was obviously not directed at Akarei, but rather. "If he's pretty or not has no bearing on if a marriage will work or not."

Utsusemi continued to hold around the Yogo. All she needed was a good supportive figure in her life, right?

"What is important is their personality... yes, I know it sounds a little overdone to say it, but it is the truth. It is more important that they have a good heart and noble soul, than a perfect exterior. And he seems to be such a man. I do not think he would be the type who would force you to do something you don't want to, because it makes you uncomfortable, but rather he would try to find some way to make you happy."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:25 am 

"What can he do to make me happy?" she blurted out, bitterness in her voice. "He represents the very thing I never wanted. A fate bound to some Duty I never wanted!" She tore off her mask and wiped her eyes with her hand. "He deserves someone who will actually be good to him, someone who can actually be a mother for his children."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:11 pm 

It pained her to see Akarei like this, to hear the sadness in her voice. Unsure of what to say at first, Utsusemi hugged the Yogo close, offering her at least a safe refuge in her motherly embrace for the time being.

"If it pains you so... perhaps we can find another way?" she suggested after a moment of silence. "It breaks my heart to see you like this, Yogo-san. Perhaps because I see much of myself in you... life is already so cruel, especially to us who are women, we must look out for eachother and have Compassion in our hearts."

Utsusemi took a deep breath. "Would you be opposed to joining a holy order instead, to continue your family's work, but without the need to fulfill the duties expected of a samurai?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:41 am 

The Yogo parted from the hug, not forcefully but enough to show her anger. She stared at the Dragon with her anguished, burning eyes and said, "Are you suggesting that I shave my head and retire? That is absurd." She shook her head. "That is certainly a betrayal, Agasha-sama. That is no option at all." The redhead dipped her head and let out a small chuckle. "Besides, attempting to avoid the Curse is fruitless. It only gets worse when you try to."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:53 am 

Utsusemi bowed her head, speaking sincerely. "My apologies, Yogo-san. I merely wanted to speak of one other possibility, I meant no offense. Though there are monk orders that do not require you to retire from this life; such as the order of Togashi. But I understand how you feel."

She did not press herself on Akarei to comfort her. "There is also the option of calling of the engagement, though it will result in a loss of face at this point, and quite possibly the ire of the Matchmaker." Part of Utsusemi was quite upset with how the Matchmaker had seemed to hurriedly matched people together for this trip, without taking some things into account. Like a Yogo's curse.

"Blood feuds have started over less. I will not force you to marry or not, Yogo-san, but I do wish to help you regardless of what you choose. Life is already cruel enough as it is..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:40 pm 

"There is no good option here. There is nothing to be helped." she concluded with a bitter heart. She took a step back and held a finger to her eye to catch a tear. "Crying never afforded me anything," she continued as she stared at the drop, "It only serves to erode the masks that we set." With that said, the Yogo wiped the rest of them out of her eyes and replaced her mask upon her face.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:57 pm 

"'Tis true, crying rarely amounts to anything," she said rather somberly herself. "Sometimes... we just have to make the best of what life gives us."

Offering a hankerchief from her sleeve to the Yogo, Utsusemi exhaled softly and took a seat on the floor. She didn't feel like going back to the tea, now that they were already here, with the kimono she had picked out for Akarei.

"I was around your age when I was betrothed too. I had never met the man before, and knew nothing about him except his name and that my clan thought it would be for the greater good... The past year I had dedicated myself to my art, and now I had to leave it all behind. Along with my family. To travel to the edge of the Empire to marry someone that could very well have been an ogre for all I knew."

She sighed with a breath of sadness. "I know my story cannot compare to what you are going through, Akarei-san, but in the end... countless women, and men too, have with a heavy heart taken their marriage vows. All because it would be for the greater good of someone else but themselves. And to be honest with you, something I trust you not to share, it is rarely easy; my husband is not cruel, but I would not say we are happy. We try to make it work, somehow, but it often feels like I am trying to reach across the entire Empire to make him see."

"In the end, all we can do is to think of duty. Or as I heard everyday as a Doji: be more concerned with good actions than great ones."

Theme #5Profile

Page 3 of 3 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3