Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 3 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Marriage Counselling (D5, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:00 am 

"I had the opportunity to speak with him for a little while during the last inspection day during the voyage," she said, not seeing any point being deceptive, though there were of course some things she would be discreet about, as she had promised Rokuro.

"Seeing as I'm the Imperial Chaperone for this expedition, I consider it my duty to see how everyone is faring... I had met you before, but not Suzume-san, so I was happy to speak with him a little. You seem to be a very lucky woman, Yogo-san," Utsusemi gave a friendly look to Akarei as she pushed open the door to her private chambers.

While it would eventually become a bedroom, it was for the moment now storage for all her private belongings, and all her kimono had been spread out over various furniture, for lack of proper stands, to air out after being locked away in a chest during the trip across the sea. There was a pleasant smell of scented wood that seemed to linger in the air around the garments.

"Pardon the mess, I still haven't gotten everything sorted out here."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:26 am 

"A lucky woman," Akarei murmured. She kept her arms crossed, awkwardly and tight, as she peered around the room with a blank expression on her face. "It really is no trouble. I prefer it to the barren nature of the ship quarters that I have gotten so used to."

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:31 am 

"Considering how many samurai are unhappy with their arranged marriages, I would say Miya-sama made a sound decision in matching the two of you. You deserve someone nice like him," she offered in a kind tone. "It is better to have someone who wishes to be understanding and helpful, than the opposite, no?"

Utsusemi briefly looked over the colourful array of fabrics, before choosing a kimono with red and black stripes, and an obi with a pattern of red flowers.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:14 am 

The Yogo closed her eyes and then nodded. "I suppose I never really cared if my marriage was happy," she replied with a weak smile, "For a multitude of reasons, I suppose." She looked to the chosen kimono and made no effort to take it or refuse it.

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:17 am 

The motherly Agasha held up the kimono to see how it looked like against Akarei's unusual hair and skin-colour, and she gave a small nod of approval.

"Well... I can understand that," she said, favouring the Scorpion with a sympathetic look. "But, would it at least not be good for the future children you may have that there is happiness and harmony?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:29 am 

"I suppose so. I would like to be... a good mother to my children." She let out a tense sigh and stared at the kimono. "That is all the more reason to complete my duty."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:32 am 

"Your... duty?" Utsusemi blinked a few times, not quite getting the full meaning of Akarei's words.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:39 am 

"To find a way to free my family of the Curse," she stated plainly, "It is my purpose here, on this journey."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:45 am 

"Oh." She sounded a little surprised, before nodding. "I see."

"Hm, yes, red looks very good on you," she murmured before focusing her mind back again. "I am no expert on the Tao, but I do believe Shinsei said something about 'two men can brave what one cannot'. Maybe something to consider while you're here and searching?"

Utsusemi regarded the younger woman with a contemplative expression. "Some burdens we have to carry ourselves, but sometimes, there is comfort in knowing that there is someone there to support us."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:37 pm 

"Right. He did offer to help me with my search," she stated, her mood certainly low. She let out a soft sigh and began pacing about the room. "It's not just the Curse anyways. There're many problems and no solutions in sight."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:49 pm 

"Hm, what are these other problems? Perhaps I can be of help somehow?" She asked, worriedly looking at Akarei.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:12 pm 

The woman's cheeks flushed once more. "Oh, well, I." She looked away as she formulated the rest of her words. "The Yogo are not exactly known for their affection in the first place, Agasha-sama."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:13 am 

While focusing on Akarei, she kept her hands busy by finding other bits and pieces the Yogo would have for a full ensemble.

"But that ties in to this curse, no? You spoke of other problems," she prodded gently. "Is there something else, perhaps?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:26 am 

"While that is the cause, I suppose what I meant is that I, well, never learned how to be affectionate." The Yogo looked down to her mons and then to the Agasha. "But, I suppose, I am still acclimating to the idea of marrying into a Minor Clan."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:39 am 

Well, it is a step down, for sure...

Utsusemi gave a sympathetic smile. "It's always difficult to marry into a new and different life. While the Dragon are a Great Clan, their way of life is radically different than what I was used to as a Crane. As a priestess, you will be bringing a rare gift into the Suzume - your presence will be a welcome one, regardless of the current views many hold when it comes to shugenja."

"As for affection... it is not something we learn to be, I think, but it is something we are all capable of being: given we're willing to take the chance," there was a brief sadness in her expression, "affection is always a game of chance, and rarely do any of us escape it unscathed."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:45 am 

"My betrothed did not give me a reason to be worried about my priesthood," Akarei admitted. She let out a sigh and thought back to her duties on the ship. "Overlooking harvests may not be glorious work but it is something I can accomplish easily enough. I already had to manage the storage aboard the ship."

For once, the redhead caught onto a social cue. "Is something wrong, Agasha-sama?" she inquired, her voice tense and restricted.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:13 am 

"Hm? Oh, no," she shook her head and averted her gaze as she picked out an obijime to go with the ensemble Akarei would borrow, "nothing's wrong, Yogo-san. Just... reminiscing of when I was your age. When I was betrothed, and newly-married later."

"There is a blessing in being able to spend this much time with your intended before the marriage; getting to know eachother and working out differences ahead of time." Utsusemi lifted her gaze to look back at Akarei again. "Like any fears you might have for this union?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:44 am 

"You are not so much older, Agasha-sama," the Yogo blurted out. She looked away, more flustered than ever, and took a breath. "Fear is unbecoming of a samurai. This marriage is just another duty.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:09 am 

Utsusemi stepped a little closer to the Scorpion.

"It is unbecoming, hai, but it doesn't mean we are immune to it. It is alright to acknowledge the small things we are afraid of, so we can overcome."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:27 am 

"Overcoming fear," she murmured. She closed her eyes and lowered her head. "There is another matter that makes me unsure about my future with my betrothed."

The redhead closed the gap and went in for the kiss.

Page 2 of 3 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next