Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Marriage Counselling (D5, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:34 pm 

Kenzo had stepped out for food and picking up more things for the manor, which timed well for Utsusemi as she had invited Akarei over to visit. It felt only right to inform the Yogo priestess on how Sanjuro's condition was faring, seeing as she was his superior, but she also had an ulterior motive with the invitation she had given.

Tea was being prepared while passing the time. Hopefully the directions in the letter would be good enough for the Yogo.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Marriage Counselling (D5, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:45 pm 

The Yogo arrived at the estate with little issue, like a good navigator. She announced her presence at the door and waited outside. While looking around, she kept her left palm on top of her wakizashi, as if to ward off any onlookers that might possess silly ideas.

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:48 pm 

Akarei didn't have to wait long, as Utsusemi was swift to answer the door.

"Yogo-san," she smiled and bowed, seemingly having regained some of her usual composure prior to the storm and all that brought. "Please come in, I'm glad you could make it here."

She stepped aside to allow Akarei entry. "I apologise for the state of things, we're still working on it, but should be done before the end of the day. At least the sitting room is clean, and there is tea."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:52 pm 

"Thank you for the invitation," she blurted out before stepping inside. She looked around at the estate and then back to the Dragon. "It is no worry, especially compared to the ships we have been accustomed to for the prior weeks. It is much better, I mean to say. Yes."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:01 pm 

"Yes," she nodded, "it will be a welcome change to spend some time away from the ship. I feel I adjusted well to sea-life, but... to be honest, I suspect I am a land-lubber, as the sailors would call me."

Showing Akarei into the sitting room, where there was warm tea waiting for them, Utsusemi looked the Yogo up and down with a critical eye. Still the same kimono as yesterday... and seeing it in ths light, my goodness, she must have worn this for the past couple of days!

Still, first things first. "I'm happy to inform you at least that Sanjuro-san's condition is improving. Mirumoto Kenzo-san was able to procure an antidote from one of the local healers in the Eastern port... he is resting now, his breath is steady, but he has not yet regained consciousness. Seeing as he is a member of your crew, I will notify you and Suzume-san once he comes to again," she said in a calm tone as she sat herself down and poured tea for her guest. It was a plain green tea with jasmine, but perhaps a welcome familiar taste of home.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:09 pm 

"Well, they should not. It does not suit their position to speak poorly of you, Agasha-sama."

The priestess took her seat and nodded along to the report. "I see. I am glad that little escapade with the wasp seemed to be worthwhile." She looked to the tea and then back to her host. "Did you keep this in supply during the trip? Or did you find it here in this... place?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:16 pm 

"Aha, well, at this point I think I am used to such endearing terms. I know they mean no harm by it, and it keeps morale up if people are allowed to let out some steam when trapped on a boat surrounded by water as far as the eye can see."

She smirked a little at that before picking up her cup. "It's my own personal supply. Not knowing what we would find at journey's end, I made sure to stock up well beforehand. Not only tea, but things that I might not have had the chance to procure or replace easily in a foreign place; paper, painting supplies, ink, incense for offerings, spices, and clothing."

"... Did the storm take much of your belongings?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:06 am 

Akarei drank the tea as she listened, her admiration over the Dragon's preparations quite visible. She did not notice any of the meaning behind her words, though, when asked about her own possessions. "Yes. I lost my prized book collection, most of all." She let out a sigh. "At least most of my scrolls are safe."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:39 am 

"Most?" she asked with some concern. Utsusemi was quite familiar with the value of a shugenja's ofuda, and if one had been lost at sea, she could understand some of the frustration. "Oh dear... is it possible for you to create a new one? I admit I know little of how your family create their scrolls, but if you need paper and ink for it, I would happily provide for you."

Utsusemi gave her a scrutinizing glance. "Though, we might also want to consider what else you need. Your clothes look like they've been through several storms, please don't tell me this is the only set of clothes you currently have?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:25 pm 

"Replacing it on this journey is unnecessary. I already committed the spell to memory. However, when I return, I am sure my Clan will expect me to replace it."

The redhead began to blush. "Well, I did lose the rest of my clothing in the storm..."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:42 pm 

The blushing was a little endearing. I hope Suzume-san gets to see that side of her.

" In that case," she placed her cup down after a sip, "you can borrow a set from me until it is no longer needed." Utsu figured that the offer to borrow would go over better with Akarei than gifting it to her.

"Red looks better on you than me anyway..." She smiled to the Yogo.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:47 pm 

Her blushing heightened. "Oh, I could not possibly accept. It would surely go through trials just like the rest of my clothing." She took a breath. "You should not have to look after that aspect, Agasha-sama."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:55 pm 

"Yogo-san, you represent the Empire on this expedition. It would give a poor impression of us all if we do not seem to care for one another's misfortune. I insist," she retorted back while watching the Scorpion with an amused smile.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:11 pm 

Does she think this is a game or refusals...?

"I suppose, but... Perhaps I could find someone to make one here."

With what money?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:03 am 

"Perhaps, though such will take time, especially since they do not seem to have any kimono-makers amongst their tailors. In the meantime, you need something proper to wear."

She rose from her seat, "come along, let's at least see how it looks on you."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:22 am 

"This is proper enough, isn't it?" The Yogo raised her cup to her lips and stared at the standing woman through her mask. Now it was a battle of will.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:30 am 

A perfect eyebrow arched as Utsusemi looked at Akarei.

"For a samurai, a member of the Imperial Explorers, and the betrothed of Suzume Rokuro-san? No, it is not proper. Not by a mile, Yogo-san," she said cooly with a lift of her chin.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:33 am 

The priestess dipped her head and sighed. "Okay," she replied before getting to her feet. As she walked over, she looked at her sullied clothing and then back to the Dragon. She opened her mouth, hoping for some witty remark, but there was an utter lack of words for the time being.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:46 am 

Was that so hard? she bit back the remark, instead giving Akarei a warm smile instead.

"I think Suzume-san would probably like to see you in something nicer. He seems a very kind and noble gentleman," she remarked as she led the way to the wing of the manor where her own private room was. It wasn't a really far way to go though.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:52 am 

"What exactly have you heard about Suzume-sama?" the redhead inquired. She looked around at the house, now finally taking in the architecture in comparison to the houses back in Rokugan.

Page 1 of 3 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next