Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Silver Morning (D6, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:00 am 

"It would be sloppy of me as a healer to send you on your way without making sure," she gave a wry smile. "All too often I've seen men think they're doing fine, but haven't realised there's been an infection or something similarly dangerous."

Utsusemi rose from her seat and gestured for him to follow her to another wing of the manor. "Seeing as I might be more called upon as a healer, I made sure to set up a room with most of my medicinal equipment. A proper treatment room with everything I need is easier to work in than on a ship-deck, after all."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:05 am 

The young Scorpion would follow her. His footfalls silent as he moved behind her. One could almost say he had some training to move quietly, without detection.

"I will defer to your judgement, then." He bowed his head as he entered the other wing, awaiting her direction.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:18 am 

The room inside had a mat for a patient to lie or sit on, and the shelves nearby were stocked with various medical supplies, some familiar and plainlooking like bandages, others seemingly more exotic in various bottles, jars, and pots.

"Please, have a seat," she bowed slightly before moving to pick up any fresh bandages that might be needed. "Does it cause you any pain when you move around?" Utsusemi asked as she knelt down beside him.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:28 am 

He did as instructed. He had given his word. Yet did Scorpions ever keep their word? He watched as she knelt, shaking his head to the question. "Not really pain. Discomfort, yes. But I wouldn't call it pain."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 am 

"Hm, that is good," she pushed her sleeves back to avoid getting any possible stains on them. The first time she had treated him, her hands had still been showing obvious signs of having been on a ship for quite some time, but even if they had hardened from the ordeal, they now seemed more elegant again with a neat manicure.

"Ahem, I'm not quite sure how your... new attire works, so if you'd be so kind as to at least disrobe on your upper body?"

It would be rather hard to see how the wound was healing and possibly treat it if she couldn't see it or touch it.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:37 am 

"Oh. Of course." Delicate fingers moved down the fastenings of the front of his tunic. The material splitting away as he peeled the tunic/jerkin off. Setting it aside, he sat before her, torso exposed, his breeches still on. Bandages still wrapped around him; the knot no where near her handiwork.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:43 am 

The fastenings of the tunic was a little fascinating. She had seen the garments plenty of times by now, but the simplicity of the fastenings, instead of how a kimono was worn, was an interesting view.

"Any particular reason you decided to acquire clothing in the local style?" she asked in a casual tone as she tried to keep the conversation light while prodding the wounded area and testing the bandages.

If there was anything she could do for him, she didn't see it. Maybe her mind was elsewhere, thinking of something less professional.

----

D6 Medicine/Int for Anzai. 1FR from House, 1 raise. TN 20: 5d10o10k3 16

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:50 am 

"I liked the way the silk felt, the way the the clothes looked. I didn't find anything too similar to my kimonos. I may ask my Li-rin friend if they have anything like them in East Port." He spoke softly, his head turned slowly to her as she worked.

Watching how her hands moved over the bandages, the way she went through the examination.

He wondered how she would look dressed like La Gobernadora. "... Agasha-sama..." he paused, biting his tongue.

"I should go. Before I break my promise."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:03 am 

She looked up questioningly at first, then as she realised what he said, her hands pulled back from him and her sleeves were quickly arranged back.

"... I understand."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:18 am 

He pulled his tunic back on, fastening it. "I'm sorry." He bowed deeply to her, cursing inwardly. He could have simply been dishonorable. That would be so easy, no one else was here.

"The island pales in comparison, to you. You should know that."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:34 am 

Her hands folded in her lap, one tugging on the edge of the opposite sleeve.

She had spent the last years of her life living in the shadow of her husband, slowly but surely ignored more over time. She had found solace a few times in those years, but nothing lasting, until recently.

And for some reason, so many men seemed to find something about her attractive, something her husband no longer saw. It was a jarring experience to adjust to, after all these years...

Utsusemi bowed her head, avoiding his gaze. He had kept his promise, so far... maybe she should stop doubting him.

"Thank you... You are too kind to say so... I do not feel worthy of it."

Last edited by Agasha Utsusemi on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:04 am 

"Agasha-sama. You possess the fire that burns a man's heart, igniting passions that are kept hidden. And it's threatening to consume me." He confessed, watching her demure posture.

He enjoyed women, there were small dalliances here and there. He thought those days were past him. While temptation, seduction, was in his talents, his way with words, he thought falling for Otsuka had tempered it.

They had just been bottled away.

"I don't want to leave you burned."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:23 am 

Her head tilted up slowly even as her eyes remained lowered. There were no emotions on her face, but rather a perfect porcelain expression of neutrality. She could not be hurt, or burnt, if she felt nothing, was something she had told herself before.

"... You should leave now, Shosuro-san," her voice was cold and tired.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:36 am 

Everyone believed the Scorpion eschewed Bushido. That they were without honor. The thing everyone didn't realize is that above all, the Scorpion are Loyal.

He had wanted her as a friend. Did he desire her? Absolutely. But she wasn't some maiden with petals waiting to be plucked. She was someone who reminded him so much of women he loved, he cared for.

He stood silently before her. Again, the emotion threatened to break through his On. He didn't let it. Not this time.

"Hai, Agasha-sama. I won't take any more of your time." Bowing again, he turned, and made his way to the exit, grabbing his boots once he passed where they had been stowed.

It would have been so simple if he didn't care.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:45 am 

She bowed silently as he departed, but she did not rise from where she had knelt. Try as she might, she could not muster the strength to make her legs obey. Anzai would have to show himself out.

Was she cursed in some horrible way that everyone but her husband, the one she had wanted to desire her, all seemed to want to make her theirs? Strange how she actually wanted Ryuden to be here with her, as his shadow might have continued to keep her concealed and out of their sights.

Inhaling sharply, Utsusemi pressed a hand to her mouth. No... I won't be in his shadow anymore, weak and powerless. No more.

She remained where she was for a long time, until she was certain that the Shosuro had left, until her legs finally managed to move. It was time to get away, and not have to think about it.

/scene

Theme #5Profile

Page 3 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3